Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm watching episode 2 right now, and I had a reaction to the show eclipsed to another reaction minutes later.

1)that's a hell of a piloting setup

2)even the solo pilot transporter drones have fake butt controls

This show is loving buck wild, and this is only episode 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show is someone hearing Daft Punk's "Robot Rock," getting the lyrics mixed up and deciding make a series about gently caress robots.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am watching this show for the giant robots and all you motherfuckers with your goddamn sex questions are ruining it for me!!!!!:argh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eela6 posted:

I think so? I mean, the show is not exactly subtle about it's themes. If it didn't have anything to say about relationships and sex, why make relationships and sex so central and unavoidable? It would be disappointing to me if the sex stuff was purely superficial style.

Further, the show is deliverately aping Evangelion. It's basically planting a big flag saying "This anime is going to explore Issues"

While this is also fine and good, it's also worth pointing out Eva deliberately chose to portray things a certain way just because it looked cool.

Personally, I've yet to see anything that convinces me the show is gonna get any deeper, but I'll be cool with it surprising me down the line.:shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eela6 posted:

Oh, it's going to go way deeper :forkbomb: :getin:

eyyyyyyyyyy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Franxx is good and Eureka AO is bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Goodbody posted:

Vandread was extremely trans positive for a series of it's time.

Vandread was a far better series than I realized at the time, and I liked it then.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

boredsatellite posted:

suddenly this thread is good again

I laughed really, really hard.

Char, you gosh darned rascal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think Ichigo is just straight

Hot take right here:eyepop:

I'm surprised by the direction the show has taken, but it's definitely not a bad one. Guess it makes sense to fully explore these characters before we finally start getting some answers to some of the deeper mysteries of the setting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zorome rises above such foolishly complicated love shapes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd say it's an embarrassing use of social media, but instead I'll just nod sadly and say "that's social media."

Also, I have a hot take about this episode. Ichigo is an awful human being. I'm sorry, I can't let it slide. I just can't look at her the same way after she hosed up with that knife. Dude, knife safety when preparing food--even snacks--is a total must.:cmon:

Sorry y'all, just a bridge too far. Dio ain't got poo poo on Ichigo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just want Goro to be happy.:unsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On the one hand, death threats are absolutely reprehensible and anyone loving lame enough to throw them down needs to be dunked on mercilessly.

On the other hand, when I think "anime got death threats" I immediately think of End of Evangelion and boy oh boy how loving crazy can FranXX get from here?:shepface:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ichigo is gonna look back on this time of her life and cringe harder than she's ever cringed before.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

people got sent death threats over a bit of drama that didnt even last a full episode, lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How otaku is too otaku

Also Goro better loving survive this show, man. Dude is just a goddamn rock for the team. The shadow captain.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dryzen posted:

Space thot....

Mods, I spy a name change

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kokoro, the absolute madman

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tekne posted:

I think Futoshi is almost there. His last comment in that tantrum was "If you guys are happy...I," so it wouldn't surprise me if his response to their franxxing is anguished support.

I mean, he's been like that since they first started partnering up. Like, he's upset and heartbroken, but he still wants her to be happy.

Dude knows how he should approach the issue, but puberty won't let it go that easy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm enjoying it still and the lack of 'mecha action' is hardly a downside given that that's the most lackluster part of the show.

Good

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I did not care for Star Driver. Caught my interest in the first few episodes, and lost it somewhere along the way. FranXX has been much more fun the whole time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pootybutt posted:

Kill la Kill was less stupid

Disagree in a big way. I've been entertained consistently more than I was on Kill La Kill, where a weird but enjoyable first half turned into....well, whatever the hell you'd call the back half. It felt like a mess to me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

anyway this show got like half a dozen transphobes banned so its good

It's a definite silver lining.

Oh well. I didnt hate this show, but it kinda fell apart in the second half like I felt Kill La Kill did as well. Ikuno's ending was something, but it would have been nice to have her romance be a bit more blunt and less subtle. Also, boy oh boy were the last two episodes' action sequences.............bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

valvrave has what is probably the worst use of rape in any anime ever made and im counting hentai

You're not wrong, but goddamn is it still insane to see this statement and agree with it. When hentai has you beat there has got to be some soul searching done as a writer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That's a bad probe

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey thanks for being bad at moderating discussion!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tarage posted:

Trigger folks put out a few Darling books, including one that has robutts in various cute outfits.

https://twitter.com/mozu_hayanie/status/1029984913573855232

:yikes:

That's uh

uh

• Locked thread