Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Main character looks super generic. First episode gave me a whole lot of different vibes from other giant robot shows (A weird combination of things like Gunbuster, Valvrave and Star Driver) while not being as bombastic as the later two but still less grounded than the first one. Not gay enough and not insane enough to make the absurdity of it funny while still being too stupid to be taken seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well its sort of like horned girls old partner, he also sort of gets tossed to the side but at least he gets more of a reaction from the protagonist than his old heterosexual robot partner.

Also thinking about it the whole one winged bird thing reminds me of another giant robot thing. Xenogears.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder if the argentea and ginista have their clothing separate from the main body to act as auxiliary equipment, because those two are the only ones that that diverge from the weird school uniform motif the other 3 have. If the genista's coat turns into a shield she'd be something out of Monster Hunter.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Those loving cockpits, im legitimately impressed with how loving stupid they are

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eela6 posted:

I hope they double fakeout and 02 kills him like the rest :getin:

That would be legitimately good.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Virgin Parasyte and the Chad Oni

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

skasion posted:

What is up with the chatter about kishingu when Papa and his buds are meeting in their tall chairs room? That went over my head a bit.

The Plants look like they are mobile and number 13 needs more fuel. So by the looks of it kissing just means hooking up with another plant to get resources. Unless you mean the the conversation after that?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Condiv posted:

this anime just grosses me out. last week with the unnecessary grab assing and poo poo, and this week with the loving training cockpit with the girl rear end console. jesus

That was really the stupidest part of the episode. The loving training cockpit has a girls butt in it. How would a girls training cockpit even work?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im thinking 016 is just a massive sub which is why he doesn't get hurt when 02 takes over and pilots the mecha herself. It would be a pretty good twist if him being a milktoast virgin is what makes him uniquely qualified to be 02s partner. Also for being a bunch of death cult leaders those drat filthy apes just hang around in a circle doing admin work.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

skasion posted:

So wait, when they pilot Strelizia is she like, pegging him?

Cant wait for C94 :anime:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

only if the dino's asses have cool spinning energy capacitor shits that are really well animated

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just saying a pistil can be strangely phallic under the correct conditions

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant wait for Hiros monologue about already knowing that he wasnt piloting the Strelitzia but he just didnt want to accept it. Begrudgingly assuming the position till 02 grabs him by the handles, then he reaizes that this was everything he always wanted from the start, he was just lying to himself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

If 002 isn't the main pilot I'll probably drop the show because the teasing of that is the only interesting thing the show has done so far.

:same:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cant wait for him to get pegged

giant sex robot figuratively I mean.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hiro being secretly 716 makes a whole lot of sense given how lovely he is piloting girl mechs. I wonder why he got promoted to the second highest member of the squad then (aside from being a generic protagonist)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

i will not be satisfied until someone gets pegged

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Even Symphogear, literally the gayest anime, doesn't have any kisses.

Thats anime gay. Yozakura had 2 girls be in a serious(ly cute) relationship that everyone in the series looked at as perfectly normal (as in, no one called attention to it). You would see them holding hands, exchange gifts, go out on dates, be worried for each other and yes, the culminating part of the second episode was them kissing. That relationship always struck me as weird in just how normal it was, that says a lot about anime or media in general I guess.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

its to sell toys op

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Relin posted:

supposedly the manga sales are high and the blue ray sales are really bad? i wonder why..................

Im sure our friend Richard Spacious can tell us more soon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its true

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

if this show had taken the pegging route none of this would have happened

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If 02 had pegged Hiro on episode 3 or whatever we would have had kill la kill + TTGL and it would have been a better show for it.

Non of this walking in the middle sort of poo poo, either go full crazy sexy giant robots or milktoast A1 character drama.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

So is this show going to make Japan have kids or not?

japans demographically doomed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sad thing about ange is that if you remove every skeevy thing thing about it, it would probably be one of the most progressive animes in the decade, and it would almost certainly not have been green lit

Mind you I just watched the first episode, fast forward to the end just to see if people weren't exaggerating :eyepop: and never watched another bit of it outside of gifs people would post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

IBO had the director apparently wanting to kill every single named character on the side of the protagonists and the writer/screen writer trying desperately to change his mind but this could be a random internet rumor.

• Locked thread