Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Eela6 posted:

I hope they double fakeout and 02 kills him like the rest :getin:

I would absolutely prefer this, or at least Hiro being in the receiving seat which I think would explain why all the men paired with 02 died. Because the girls are all the ones who showed effort and exertion.
As much as I want a boy princess situation to rival Witch Craft Works I really don't think they're gonna stick the landing, but that's a two episode feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

GorfZaplen posted:

If 002 isn't the main pilot I'll probably drop the show because the teasing of that is the only interesting thing the show has done so far.

I really want to see Zero Two fire the franxx superweapon as the pilot.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Depends on her grip, I suppose.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Every time people start posting about killing off main characters in haremy shonen anime I just remember endless forum posts about other series but where the poster would have done everything differently and also kissed all the girls and their dad wouldn't take away their nintendo again. It's fun to think about.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Xelkelvos posted:

Here's some official 4Komas related to the series done in the P&SwG style
https://mangadex.com/manga/23201

These are excellent, thank you.
I want some franxx figures already.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Even if the anime fails to deliver, like Re:Creators the 4koma are extremely good.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The show just exists to provide character background for all the femdom doujins.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

If it isn't Honey they've wasted some good foreshadowing, also a lot of cuteness.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Mister Olympus posted:

Of course it will be, this show has swerved hard away from anything that initially read as gay

e: i mean even oni licking ichigo had zero followup so far

The scene was there so Ichigo could make a cute face, I don't see this show going actually gay in any way at all.
Not that I'd be disappointed, but I don't think the writing so far would lend itself to decent gay characters.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I'm ready for Haruhara Haruko to make Shinji's balls drop in front of all his orphan friends.

Shinjobi posted:

loving buck wild

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

:wow:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They will, but by having another guy be the pilot while Hiro takes the front position.

Hirito is pretty cute, and it will motivate Ichigo to write slash fiction instead of worry about who pilots with who.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

DisDisDis posted:

this is the future girls want

this thread has sucked p hard until this post, which is good

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe they're making us care about the characters because the show is about the characters? I wouldn't be surprised if characters die later, because that's been extremely forshadowed, and just outright stated, but I don't think making us care about the characters first islike, some kind of trick the show is pulling

Enjoying character interactions is a scam to force you to watch episodes, every anime should be a Re:Creators style info dump at all times.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

HoneyBoy posted:

Yall really hate teenagers huh

goons

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sazabi posted:

But he also never tried to get better.

If it ain't broke,
Neither party involved tried to get better, and took it too far.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Crabtree posted:

Hiro is a kind boy that wants girls to accessorize.

Hell, same.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kashuno posted:

I am going to be sad to see Zorome be a casualty of the coming “gently caress the adults” conflict

He just had a whole episode of exposure to the adult world not being what he expected, with some time to think about it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

chiasaur11 posted:

I don't think Ikuno's really had a focus either.

Right, we've still got a lot of time for Ikuno and Miku though. Futoshi exists solely to be the butt of jokes so it's fine if he gets sacrificed so we can get on to the rebellion.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

EponymousMrYar posted:

Or we learn that his love of bread was because Hiro shared some with him when he was really hungry in the orphanage.

It all comes back to freakin' Hiro man.

Hiro set Fatoshi up for failure, trained him wrong as a joke.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah, she'd be a bad commander if she didn't do something to deal with one of her subordinates attacking another.

Ichigo did swing first.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Paracelsus posted:

People need to take lessons from the anime fandom of the late 90s and channel all this anger into writing fanfics where the characters totally get what you think they deserve, then post those fics to their GeoCities pages where no one will ever read them.

That defeats the purpose of screaming for attention on the internet though.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I sure am glad we can continue to ironically enjoy the show by making stupid memes about the emotional reunion.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

HoneyBoy posted:

I don't care for them either so I stopped clicking after the first two, novel concept I know

My tumblr feed is dozens of these an hour, I think that means it's time for me to do better things with my time.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Someone wakes up from a coma at the end of the comfy episode, it was all a dreaaaaaam.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Zeruel posted:

He's Hirosexual.

I might not be remembering things right but didn't Hiro encourage Mitsuru to go further with Kokoro? That would explain his motivations really well.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Zeruel posted:

At this point my boy, my main man Futoshi, is just a joke.

:negative: Japan hate fat

The most consistent aspect of the show is dumping on Futoshi, if Goro was fat and Futoshi was the tall glasses guy people would still be frothing at the mouth.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I know Aldnoah.Zero had its issues but it was significantly better than franxx and a pretty fun time. Season 3 never so expect a cliffhanger.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

FranXX is 24 episodes of someone elbowing you in the ribs and asking if you liked (insert popular mecha anime here) and regardless of your answer they sit back satisfied with themself. Every 24 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Brought To You By posted:

Of all the things to come out of the anime, that 4-koma was fun.

Much like Re:Creators, we would have been better off just getting the 4-komas.

• Locked thread