Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

you forgot their good anime you gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

da beeper king BABY posted:

Okay I've rethought my opinions and the show is actually really good now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

the best girl in klk (nonon) was the one who had the least amount of fanservice relative to all the other female characters. thoughts?

Her final Symphony Regalia consists of a heart-shaped maebari. But before that one, I'd agree with you.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

the anime discourse has definitely changed in the intervening 5 years, but also everyone was trying to make themselves like trigger

I said relative to all the other female characters.

There actually were female nudist beach grunts, but they never amounted to anything. Also there's tenis girl in the second episode, she was good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hey guys, you're missing the obvious reasons why it's a mecha show.

It's so they can have cool fight sequences and sell toys :v:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos posted:

Here's some official 4Komas related to the series done in the P&SwG style
https://mangadex.com/manga/23201

These own, thanks for sharing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

It's Trigger so I expect a world-rending twist by episode 12.

:thunk:

The Fwiggen OP, Eela6 posted:

DARLING in the FRANXX is studio Trigger's first entry into the mecha genre. Since many of the people at Trigger were responsible for beloved mecha classic Gurren Lagann some weird sex metaphor by A-1 pictures, with some animation and design by Trigger.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

Sell me on this Eureka 7 show possibly with gifs

Pictured: "Boring Anemone"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

if a uhhhhh celebfag likes my niche interest normies will get into it and it will be ruined and it will be extra ruined if any of them are uhhhh femfags (the normie term is women)

Even as a joke this post sucks dude.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Dr. Matoi recommends reading some Robert Louis Stevenson to unwind!!

Arr. :yarr:

Heck, you could even watch the Treasure Island anime! I hear it's quite good :shobon:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

I’m quite content with the fact that I stopped watching Franxx after the op changed because that was the only reason I was still watching it

:hfive: Kiss of Death is an enjoyable song, and it bummed me out to hear so many people were down on it.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Please move on from this thread, if you feel the need to continue this discussion you are free to do so via pm or in the chat thread, thanks in advance, eela6.

Anyways I agree with the majority of posters that that was a bad probe, it feels like you jumped the gun on him without analyzing the context at all, then without listening to what he had to say you probed him because he dared to talk back to you. This is along the same lines as when you probed everyone for calling out your probes for the Garfield posters in the tomo thread a while back-you generally ignore criticisms without directly addressing them, and try to direct people away via PMs, which doesn't foster an open and honest community in my opinion.

I still think you're a good dude Matoi, but I wish you would personally communicate with us more through the chat thread or the like, so people could understand where you're coming from or what your thought process is. You'll probe someone for making an obvious, light hearted joke between friends, but ignore weirdly misogynistic "joke" posts in the same thread that get reported because ???

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Thanks for your input eela6, and other posters, however gimmick posting is banned, and having asked you twice now to move on from the thread, which you have not done, I am afraid you will have to be probated for considerably longer.

To everyone else, there is no justification for starting a discussion on moderation policies in a discussion thread, thanks everyone.

The gimmick posting of actually caring about how a forum is operated, and trying to have a frank discussion on the subject of the thread.

Your gimmick is ignoring everyone's valid complaints and silencing dissenting opinions, and people are loving sick of you acting like ADTRW should just be byob-lite, ignoring all criticisms and refusing to explain or engage with the community you wound up moderating.

Regardless if you want to mod or not, if the majority of the subform is dissatisfied with your moderation style, and has been for nearly 2 years now, I think that's a sign something needs to change for the better.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^The show is completely over, definitively wrapped up, there won't be another season.

• Locked thread