Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I found a collection of character and mecha profiles https://imgur.com/a/7fGR0

I'm looking forward to the purple kickrobot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

After thinking about it for a bit I'm not sure how I feel about the weapons always being orange. On one hand it's neat visual shorthand, but on the other hand sterlizia is the only one where it fits the color scheme. I do like how the Franxxs' faces reflect their female pilots though. Finally for anyone who missed it, all the Franxxs are named after flowers.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ha ha, aside from strelizia they all have the same hairstyle as their female pilots, too.

The strelizia does it too sorta, it has 2 long thin strands of hair on each side of the face just like 0-2, and the five strands coming out the back are probably meant to represent the flowing locks she has in the back.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

To steer away from that rear end in a top hat and into actually talking about the show again:

I really like the big guy/tiny girl pair in the green and black robot. Unlike everyone else who has some kind of drama or personality problem going on they're just nice and supportive of each other and it's very sweet.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

He's just a generic kid bully, he has time to grow out of it. If it helps you can imagine him coming from an abusive single parent household or something, rather than wishing a kid death.

He doesn't have parents though?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

To be fair, she wasn't the most considerate character herself and could have been viewed as volunteering to try and show up 02 as much as to help Hiro. Which she was doing I suppose, just in a more personal manner than than a professional one. Plus, when she offered to kiss Hiro she would only do so if he couldn't see her, or possibly from Hiro's viewpoint, she couldn't see him. And not even wanting to see him has to sting.

So like, do you think it's incredibly hosed up that people close their eyes when they kiss?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

at the very least the protagonist is definitely gonna end up in the butthandles with zero-two metaphorically (and literally) pegging him, even if they never do a female female or male male pair, or have the characters break down the mechs into new methods of piloting, or anything.

Just as an aside I doubt this is gonna happen because in ep 1 Strelizia talked with zero two's voice.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

I don't know what the voice has to say since everyone took a turn talking last episode and Hiro most likely wasn't conscious during his first ride.

What I meant was that since the girls become the robots they speak with the robots' faces, whereas the boys speak through radio or something. In ep 1 strelizia spoke and zero two's voice came out, implying she became the robot like the other girls did.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

El Burbo posted:

It's getting figures and robutt model kits

None of those are model kit brands. Do not deceive me Burbo.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RME posted:

why are posters like this

Just liking things is illegal. We have to hide everything behind a layer of "irony" or people might think we enjoy the things we choose to spend our time with.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

Which one is Ikuno?

Purple girl

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Xun posted:

Hmm you make a good argument but I stand by my belief that it’s Kamille because Char is wearing that dumb civilian disguise from Zeta :goonsay:

He wore sunglasses in the original too

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I liked this episode but I think it would have been stronger if they had established more about Goro's childhood in earlier episodes rather than dumping it all on us in this one.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Give it a few days and it'll be translated on mangadex

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I found someone who had translated the eds and

same

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I feel like Season 2 is probably going to be an insane rollercoaster. They have done a lot to develop the characters and are showing the world off in a meaningful but not entirely clear way; it'll be exciting to see what happens

They've made no mention there's gonna be a season 2 so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The thing I noticed with Kokoro is, whether it's about Futoshi or not, she's incredibly conflict-averse. I figure that's why she made that promise and let Futoshi keep being overbearing without saying anything.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well once her friends die as a result of all this shite then oh well, just hormones, dood. :shrug:

LMAO have you never watched a drama before in your life? How is it possible to be this bad at understanding storytelling at the most surface level?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Was it stated/implied that because Hiro ingested Zero Twos blood that he couldn't pilot anymore?

Yes.

Also re: the glowing horns, every pistil we've seen has those, it's not unique to the nines.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Weird BIAS posted:

Is there a good pic of this?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tekne posted:

nah, my painting skills are abysmal

You don't have to paint bandai model kits, they always come molded in color.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Big fan of the 2 non-alien APE guys just going "what the fuuuuck" half the ep.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

I laughed at Ichigo's robot face's pixel tears. I don't remember those ever showing up before.

They have a couple times. Most notably when Strelizia turned red that one time.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

gunxsword was good and its beach episode was voted the best beach episode in anime history in a 2016 poll

Van showing up on a surfboard while looking completely done with this poo poo is a top ten anime moment

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I watched all of Argevollen, AMA.

Does the barber who only cuts the hair of those that do not cut their own hair cut his own hair?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

IBO was always framed as a tragedy. It was just that Season Two finally delivered on that.

If only that was true it might have been a decent show.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Biscuit’s death, Mika confronting Orga on the train, and McGillis murdering his friends for questionable advantage were your warnings that this story would not end happily. Seriously, they weren’t exactly subtle.

My point was that it didn't deliver, not that it wasn't framed as a tragedy. It was framed as a tragedy (except when it wasn't) and then it pulls its punches at every opportunity.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

So it sounds like I can safely skip IBO because I'll just end up hating it, and it's not worth finishing?

In fairness, most people around here seem to like it, even if I do not.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

El Burbo posted:

paging droyer

I want to be inside strelizia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Condiv posted:

i just got done watching gunbuster and diebuster, and i gotta say.....

gunbuster was a mess. it's got some hype scenes like the gunbuster fight, but it's really disjointed and the plot from episode to episode is hardly connected sometimes. diebuster was much better told imo. the biggest head scratcher to me is them running to find the aliens, barely encountering them, and then running back to earth? was that what happened? what was the point of going out in the first place? recon? that being said, the ending of Darling in the franxx is such a huge loving ripoff of gunbuster and it's so obvious after watching it (including the two lights returning to earth)....

also, noriko rubbing loving salt into oneechan's wounds wrt coach on the roof with crutches was... wow. like, the dude is obviously dying noriko what are you thinking. and then when oneechan makes it drat obvious "he's loving dying and you're really digging the knife in noriko!" noriko screams "COOOAAAACHEEE!!" for the 50th time in 5 episodes. Also, the love for coach between oneechan and redhead is not really built up or earned, but for some reason they both love him enough to catfight over him? and redhead's constant switching between friend and enemy is weird.

i have to say the neatest thing about gunbuster is the concept of relativistic differences in time being explored

I remember reading some developer commentary that implied they originally intended gunbuster to end with episode 4, and you could totally see that. Don't have a source though i'm afraid.

• Locked thread