Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello I have watched the 3 episodes and concluded this anime seems good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NotALizardman posted:

You want to know if they're all ahegao'd out right

It seems pretty painful and unpleasant so I think it's probably no

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This show is good also there will be no homosexual relationships in this anime

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

these two statements contradict each other

idk a show can be good or bad and not have homosexual relationships, just like a show can be good or bad and have homosexual relationships!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will buy the top 5 posters in this thread an av cert if there is a non-heterosexual franxx piloting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

Buy yourself a clue

:wow:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This series is to show Japanese men you can be into robots and still gently caress

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If this was a longer series I think it’d be an interesting avenue to explore. Not because “oh gay character we need to delve into this” but because it would be contradictory to the world environment we have see experienced so far in FranXX

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They sure do

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

my issue is more that it's incredibly insulting to act like the inclusion of gay characters would be pandering

the setting has plenty of room for these elements should the creators choose to explore them

:agreed:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope the next episode of this anime is good and there is more mech robot cool moves

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Won’t be surprised if Nana and Hachi are parasites who grew up. Episode was good, and the side characters in this are actually interesting. Next episode is gonna be real good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This show owns

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe Hiro is actually ding and his dying dream is a beach episode wow

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would love a yurucamp with the FranXX girls

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:five:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope this situation with Ichigo gets resolved one way or another sooner rather than later please

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

Ichigo is basically the neck beard that can't get the hint that Hiro isn't interested. He's given her, what, 3 outs so far? Of course Hiro knows, they've spent their lives together.

Hiro doesn't know because he has no understanding of that stuff. Even with 02 he is way not getting it on the level 02 is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do a crossover where the FRANXX get to see how the Iron Blooded Orphans get fuckin murdered. Child soldiers are no joke

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

The To-Love-Ru artist is apparently already drawing NSFW fanart of them. Then again, that may be true for literally every character in every show in every season for all I know.

somebody linked me to the FRANXX subreddit once and let me tell you, there is a lot of nsfw fanart

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

You can't actually assess how gay or straight it is until you know all of their self-identified genders. This is Shrödingersexual at best.

I guess your av text is accurate

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
oh hey the transphobic person is banned nice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it's the sex episode

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am finally caught up. Glad goro is just like “hm I have realized my feelings and am going to be upfront about it”

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Most likely situation: stamen can eject themselves and pistils, it is two separate commands and Goro chose to save Ichigo in that split second

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean it looks like Ichigo has started moving beyond her feelings for Hiro as well. Symbolically, losing her hairclip from Hiro as she was rescuing Goro really shows what Ichigo's priorities are. Her and 02 may have some friction still, but she knows Hiro is happy and she can trust 02 enough that she thinks it will stay that way, and seems to be finally moving on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Decided to read the manga and god drat there are scenes in the manga that if I didn't know what I was reading I would assume are right out of a hentai doujin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

I think Goro is almost too well put together.

Yeah for the kid who when he was younger apparently fought people just to make them hate him(?), Goro seems to be really calm and friendly with full understanding of himself, others, and his position

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I predict Miku will be the first person to die in this show, killed by a klaxosaur after a fight with Ichigo (maybe they make up beforehand but probably not). Zorome survives.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it's really uncomfortable that they bring up Naomi pretty casually.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Zorome especially

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just kill Mitsuru already

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Interesting in chap10 of the manga Mitsuru doesn't pilot Strelizia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
my bet is the person in the hat is a parasite who survived to adulthood

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

I wonder when Hiro will come up with a name for Zero Two.

The last episode

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Preview looks like it’ll be a crazy episode

Mitsuru/Futoshi/Kokoro focus

Didn’t realize it before animal franxx really look like klaxosaurs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am hella disinterested in an episode that has Mitsuru as a focus. He's such a piece of poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

mitsuru (and his developing relationship with kokoro) is one of the more interesting character threads atm so i'm expecting a good ep

Av owns Kokkoku is hella good.

otoh Mitsuru is a trash dumpster character who I hope Futoshi solidly beats the ever-living poo poo out of for tryin to pilot with Kokoro

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Zorome was never bad. Not even half as bad as Mitsuru has been from day 1. I'm glad that <manga spoiler> instead of him piloting with 02 ever, Hiro and 02 were both like 'gently caress off idiot' and went in themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll be damned. This series has gone so far up from where it looked like it was going in the first few episodes

• Locked thread