Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
The only good thing about Kiznaiver was the fun OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
The only good/entertaining template for a MC in a robot show is Mikazuki, or that one cool dude in Gundam thunderbolt who listen to Jazz while murdering everyone.

02 is quirky and all but she can't carry the series alone.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

at the very least the protagonist is definitely gonna end up in the butthandles with zero-two metaphorically (and literally) pegging him, even if they never do a female female or male male pair, or have the characters break down the mechs into new methods of piloting, or anything.

Not saying it isn't possible, but i will be really surprised if in a medium so resistant to changes the show runners pulled off a literal submissive male protagonist, in a genre defined by the male power fantasy. Yeah, the text the show gave us so far implies that he can only "function" with the alpha 02, but to say he will be the handles is a bit much i think. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because it would be far too much of a departure from the traditional.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
It's weird but so far everything interesting in the robot show has nothing to do with the actual robots.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Understanding posted:

i feel like i know what you're talking about, but i also don't want to know what you're talking about,

"Hit by truck" is a common shounen anime trope, often the only thing that can truly kill someone on manga/anime.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
The only thing worse than a Hiro/02 pairing is a Hiro/Ichigo one. That aside, for all the hate ichigo got, shes a much more interesting character than 02.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Following/joining a fandom is the fastest way to fall out of love with the things you like

• Locked thread