Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So with Hiro being so naming happy early on what's the chances that he gave 02 a name way back but with the mind wipe he's forgotten? I'm curious if him going near death will trigger any memories to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So we know that the girls can cause stampede mode to activate. Can the guys? I'm curious what will happen if both Zero Two and Hiro both stampede and what changes that will bring.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm glad that Ichigo didn't lose her arm. Just that it appears "broken?" I wonder how much of each of their memories have returned or if it was just temporary. The choke marks don't look bruised to me. They're more like the skin color of Zero Two when she was more her oni younger still.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Is it just me or are Zero Two's horns longer in the preview?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Helter Skelter posted:

I wonder if the new twist is gonna be that 02 is no longer able to pilot with anyone but Hiro.

That or all the other pilots die after one ride because she now knows who her real darling is and can go full force on everyone else. I don't entirely blame Ichigo because they're all kids who grew up with no adult parameters to follow. Everyone's made mistakes and I'm hoping that no one in Squad 13 has to die before the issues are resolved. But I might just be too hopeful on it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man GaoGaiGar is ruined for me cause anytime I see it posted about in this forum I get flashbacks to the Clawshrimpy thread.

I remember that. I hope the dude is doing alright. Fandom aside his was a case of :smith: and he genuinely tried to not blow up about GGG in the thread but ultimately couldn't resist.

Gundam F91 movie ended happily. I think.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

I think it's a symptom of this being such a gigantic climax episode so they had to cram pretty hard to fit everything in there. Normally something like the other squad self-destructing, the one plantation being obliterated, or the other plantation self-destructing would be huge "oh shiiiiiit" climax moments that would warrant a lot of focus, but in this episode they're kind of machine gunned at you so fast that it can feel to the viewer like they're not being given sufficient gravitas given the severity of what just happened. poo poo, the giant hand appearing and instantly destroying pretty much the entire city the children have been fighting the entire show to protect happens in the last minute of the episode. It's a very dense ep.

You have other things in there that are also a little weird, like Dephinium getting its hat smashed off and visibly damaged but sporting a new and pristine one almost immediately.

I also took all the mass death and sacrifice with little fanfare as a more tonal representation of the APE council and their decisions. Being that they were so willing to just send things to their doom all for "The greater good". All the deaths were just APE nonchalantly throwing things at the problem to solve it. Even Dr. Franxx commented on how ridiculous all the sacrifice was getting.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I'm liking the preview for episode 16 there.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

El Burbo posted:

Strelizia will be up soon, I don't know how quickly these things sell out, if at all.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-038982

Good price

Zero Two Figuarts is also going to be up at that time too. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038983&page=top

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Meant to order when the link went live at 2:00 AM PST but fell asleep. 5:00 AM rolls around and I'm up for work and the links are still good. Preordered both Zero Two and Strelizia.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Mill Village posted:

Hiro needs to give Zero Two a name so they would have to survive to the end.

The second word she learned was "Zero Two" her name that Hiro gave her.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I have a feeling that this will cross into some Eva levels of mind fuckery and Hiro/ZeroTwo is going to snap back to reality with poo poo being intensely real.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Looking at the feet it doesn't seem like it will be able to stand up on its own without the support attachment or perfect weight distribution.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I felt like at the start there were a lot of really good sub plots running along each other. The klaxo threat, Dr. Franxx and his objective, the Papa and humans, the squad 13 dynamics, the aspect of piloting mechs and what it entails, mysterious guy killing pilot, and mysteries of the world itself. Then the writing team decided it wanted to explore them all and a fight broke out about how many episodes each plot would get and there were clear victors and losers. Star Driver did this better I feel.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
As much eye candy as Godannar gives I still recommend it on the basis that it provides some commentary of relationship status and integrates that with the robots pretty well. Notably the imagery on how they combine and seating placement. Yes it has comic book level T&A and chiseled men but the show also pays no extra attention to it even with its amounts. Its just there and the world just goes "okay". Star Driver is another one of my favorites. It comes off a slight bit Gary Stu but I love all the characters they've created for the story. I would recommend Super Robot Wars: The Inspectors but I kind of feel that you have to be a fan of the SRW games to fully understand and appreciate what they do with the storyline.

But yes, watch Gunbuster and Diebuster if you can find them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Hunter Noventa posted:

Buddy Complex is even bland in SRW, and that takes some doing.

To be fair in SRW its paired next to series like Dunbine, Mazinger, Code Geass and Wing Gundam. Those even make Full Metal Panic seem bland and the mechs in that show have Macguffin drives. And that in turn makes Buddy Complex the plain sliced bread of mecha shows in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

P-Mack posted:

Cool, I'll check it out. They basically just want to watch Sailor Moon these days so some variety would be nice.

The newest sequel to Cardcaptor Sakura just finished; the Clear Card Arc. Also Hulu or Netflix may have the original run up for streaming. I also second checking out one of the Pretty Cure iterations as they're basically the spiritual successor to Sailor Moon from Toei. Though outside of the first season being available in low quality on Crunchyroll the others are fansubbed only for now. Princess Tutu is really good but can get a bit dark in its run imo.

If your kids are okay with reading subtitles and don't mind older anime series I recommend Akazukin Chacha as its about a trio of kids getting into wacky hijinks with magic involved. It ran around the same time as the original Sailor Moon run in Japan.

• Locked thread