Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
The robot looks cool and I dug how the two main characters had similar but different monologues at the beginning. Honestly it doesn't take me much to enjoy a mecha show, so I'm it it for the long haul and look forward to this being in a Super Robot Wars game in five years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
woof, the stupid cockpits made everything 1000% dumber and more uncomfortable.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think that the butt handles bugged me whereas things like Aquarion's jizz-gattai didn't is because the butt handle situation is particularly dehumanizing and it's only the girls that have to go through it BUT I also realize that they're probably doing it on purpose and going to subvert the roles later so I'm reserving judgement till the show's over. (also they looked dumb)

fwiw i thought the second ep was a lot better on a rewatch.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
oh my god this episode stressed me out. Goro's quickly become my favorite character but he has dead meat written all over him so as soon as he started narrating at the beginning of the episode I thought "oh poo poo, here it comes". Glad I was wrong.

It took me a few episodes to come around but at this point I think this is my favorite show this season.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
That was my read on it, too, especially when the lady was spraying disinfectant everywhere.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
oh my god this episode was so good. i'm not crying, you're crying.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm really curious as to whether Zero Two's line of "I felt like I had even older memories, but I soon forgot them" is just a throwaway line or if it's foreshadowing anything. Kinda makes me wonder if there's more oni people out there or some kind of klaxosaur civilization or something that Zero Two got taken from.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apparently there's not going to be an episode next week, so I'm glad this one ended the way it did otherwise I'd probably have a stroke waiting for two weeks.

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
show woulda been 10 times better if episode 15 was the last episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Coolposts
Jun 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I overall liked the show, but it did fall apart kind of fall apart in the second half. I think the biggest problem is that Hiro and Zero Two didn't really have any character development past episode 15. I guess note to future show writers: don't have your big emotional climax halfway through your show. I also 100% agree with everyone that says the alien reveal completely undermined what the show was doing up to that point.

I liked the last episode well enough when it was focusing on the other characters but the parts with Hiro and Zero Two were just boring. I dunno. I kind of would like a second season with no robots and no HiroTwo that's just about the rest of squad 13 rebuilding society and convincing Futoshi to get rid of that awful mustache.

• Locked thread