Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
How's the soundtrack so far? Cause this reminds me of Star Driver, as previously mentioned by others, and a big part of what made that show watchable was the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Are we gonna have to have the talk

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Understanding posted:

I'm still wrapping my head around how the female partner is the interface/control console for the mechs. Their hoods are instrument clusters, their controls on their hips. They have heels (why?) Rewatching ep1 right now 0ni is wearing the appropriate suit for her mech.

The female partner is the CPU of the machine while the male is the graphics card. That's why the girls can move the machine alone but it's dangerous. They don't have the processing power alone to work the machine properly, but working in tandem with the male allows everything to function smoothly on ultra graphics. The suit facilitates the connection, the display shows the various nerd stats. Zero Two is not human, and her machine is (probably) special, so she can move it alone with limited efficiency.

As for the heels idk all the machines have stilt legs maybe it's a sensory thing

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
That robot is thicc af

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Guys clearly he's becoming a Guyver or Kamen Rider or something.

Becoming the blue oni parallel because he's actually someone with the capability to be Zero Two's partner is pretty good story imo

No idea what the consequences long term would be though

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Stairmaster posted:

how come none of those boys got boners on the beach

or did they but they already knew what those were

One can speculate that as a product of how they're raised they do not associate the female form with sexuality and simply enjoy ogling the girls because they enjoy looking at them at an instinctual level, meaning they do not get boners any more than any average grown man would when simply looking at an attractive woman.

Or yeah they've been taught that it's simply a biological function with no purpose and not to mind it

Or it's a boner sized plot hole. I guess we'll find out?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Grouchio posted:

I've always wondered why. Live action western shows have sex scenes quite often.

You're talking about a culture that gets some real wacky ideas about their idols when they find out they're "used goods".

Plus we all remember what happened to the last harem protag that just banged girls indiscriminately.

Also we all know that when Japanese anime teens bang it always results in teen pregnancy every time. And then their kid gets hit by a truck.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Understanding posted:

i feel like i know what you're talking about, but i also don't want to know what you're talking about,

Suzuka -> Fuuka

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Maxwell Adams posted:

Nah, it's definitely about a space gay vampire jew conspiracy.

You're thinking of Valvrave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Maxwell Adams posted:

That flight unit looks real hard on the junk.

Also, shame on this thread for not recommending GaoGaiGar. You want a show with a good ending? GaoGaiGar ends with the characters naked and weeping with joy.

it actually ends with everyone dead and lost in space

• Locked thread