Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

it might as well not even be the same car, Bierman et al have explicitly said that they didn't make the fastest car possible, they wanted to make the most fun car possible

I'd never consider a base Veloster but I'm very seriously considering a poor financial decision the Veloster N

Hyundai please save the hot hatch in North America :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’s bullshit Subaru doesn’t sell a hot hatch anymore

wagons are all anyone buys from them anyways

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

the outback is so loving huge now, it's like bigger than what the Forester used to be

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, based on the legacy chassis, so bigger than the impreza-based forester.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

forester is Impreza based too? the cross trek xv is literally an impreza lifted like 3”

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, totally different body, but the underpinnings are shared. i think the forester gets a 2.5 liter though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

last i checked, subaru's entire lineup is all one base design, though i can't recall if it's a legacy that's narrowed/shortened for the imprezas or an impreza that's widened/lengthened for the legacy, then the cuvs are just those but lifted. even the brz/fr-s is based around the impreza platform

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Subaru used to use two platforms, the outback/legacy and the rest of the cars on the other. Now going forward from the redesigned Impreza, all the vehicles will be one shared platform.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

subaru.......impregacy......

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i actually keep wishing my Impreza was another inch or so off the ground during winter so maybe they’re onto something :thunk:

also wish it had more than 152 hp but tbh it’d probably get me into trouble

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

i actually keep wishing my Impreza was another inch or so off the ground during winter so maybe they’re onto something :thunk:

also wish it had more than 152 hp but tbh it’d probably get me into trouble

same and same.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

do they sell the focus rs in america? that’s one hell of a car

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

rode in a fusion hybrid the other day that was getting low 40s freeway which isn't Exceptional but still pretty good considering low 30s would be normal for a sedan that side today and like maybe mid to high 20s ten years ago

that's the rental I had recently which would randomly yell that the head unit was out of RAM

Despite it being from 2014 aka when lithium batteries were getting dirt-cheap, they still went with a nickel-metal battery which is heavy as gently caress and can't hold much energy. It had over a 120hp electric motor but they were clearly concerned about making it feel 'not like a hybrid' so the acceleration is mushy as poo poo.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

they are but they're keeping a "crossover" version of it. ie the 5 door

renault figured this out and their crossover (captur) is literally just a marginally larger Clio with SUV styling. the biggest engine options aren't even available for the captur!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

50 hp max, three cylinders, and the visibility provided by pencil thin pillars is more than enough

everyone is gonna get there eventually despite idiot cities just fattening roads so that they can gain an even slower max capacity :thumbsup:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

oh no blimp issue posted:

do they sell the focus rs in america? that’s one hell of a car

it goes away too but yes, we have it now. good performance but a shame about those head gaskets.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Midjack posted:

it goes away too but yes, we have it now. good performance but a shame about those head gaskets.

they've recalled and fixed it now afaik so it should be fine?
lol at the idea of an ecoboost mustang though

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

oh no blimp issue posted:

they've recalled and fixed it now afaik so it should be fine?
lol at the idea of an ecoboost mustang though

many people still waiting on recall parts for waaaaaaay too long.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
this channel is definitely Growing on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc75TxVPkUM

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
big cars are bad everyone get a small car

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

beep boop I'm kwinkles

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Silver Alicorn posted:

beep boop I'm kwinkles

fuckin beep boop

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

get a small car, such as a lotus elise

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

if it’s got more than 2 seats it’s too big

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
really the only vehicle I'm ever going to buy is the Z3 Coupe because it's got 2 seats but your dog can hang out in the back

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

big cars are bad everyone get a small car

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
bring back the subaru brat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

autism ZX spectrum posted:

bring back the subaru brat

if it could fit four people i absolutely would. i could use a small truck, but i also need to haul my child around. only not utterly stupid options right now are a small body-on-frame pickup.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

If you need a small truck, might I suggest the Suzuki MIGHTY BOY

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lmao. that's just a bit toooo small.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
might i recommend simply renting the nearest bird, OP

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

President Beep posted:

if it could fit four people i absolutely would. i could use a small truck, but i also need to haul my child around. only not utterly stupid options right now are a small body-on-frame pickup.

have you considered a van op

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I suppose nobody fantasises about taking big loads in a van though

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

pointsofdata posted:

have you considered a van op

i definitely have, but the back would get all hosed up. i'm always doing house/yard projects and the back of our rogue is all beat and scuffed to gently caress from making lowes runs. i think i'd like a two wheel drive frontier with a crew cab and a six foot box. that'd be about the most reasonable thing i can imagine.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

get a used Toyota and run it forever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

get a used Toyota and run it forever

i'd deffo check that option out as well. anything in that class really (except no dodges! (and probably no GMs too))

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

President Beep posted:

doesn’t the brat have bucket seats in the truck bed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

doesn’t the brat have bucket seats in the truck bed

lol. i'll let you try and convince my wife that's safe, 'cause i sure as poo poo am not going there!!!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Baja was a four seater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

The Baja was a four seater.

oh, yeah! something like that would be right up my alley.

• Locked thread