Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaded Burnout

It is only recently that I've stopped putting butter (or butter substitute) on burger buns, and pretty much every bread container really. I realised it tastes the same either way.

I used to butter brioche buns, I can't imagine why I'm a fatboi.

Do y'all have Byron burgers in your neck of the woods? If so what do you think of their head chef's custom burger cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

Manifisto posted:

have you tried an impossible burger? I have not but I am thinking I should

Please, no... Too many have fallen in the pursuit of the impossible burg.

For me, the perfect burg has pimento cheese or a blue cheese, and the beef is chuck, sirloin, and brisket ground with suet. None of this 80% lean stuff. I also really like pickled onions and crisp discs of quick dill pickles. The bun is pillowy with a golden egg washed crust. Freshly ground so you can safely have a medium rare center of that burg but a deeply browned exterior. Dijon mustard. I'm not going to shirk away from a garlic aioli if offered. I don't know, probably missing something in this burger fantasy. But basically going for a distinctive cheese, a rich compound beef flavor with lots of fat, sharp acid in the pickles and mustard to round it all out.

Jaded Burnout posted:

It is only recently that I've stopped putting butter (or butter substitute) on burger buns, and pretty much every bread container really. I realised it tastes the same either way.

I used to butter brioche buns, I can't imagine why I'm a fatboi.

Do y'all have Byron burgers in your neck of the woods? If so what do you think of their head chef's custom burger cheese?

Does it really taste the same? I think butter is actually not that bad, sugars seem to be the main culprit for me. Stuff fried in butter definitely seems noticeably different than just dry things on a hot griddle, it's good to have some kind of convection medium to get that heat evenly into what you are cooking. Are you using oil or something instead?

Jaded Burnout

joke_explainer posted:

Does it really taste the same? I think butter is actually not that bad, sugars seem to be the main culprit for me. Stuff fried in butter definitely seems noticeably different than just dry things on a hot griddle, it's good to have some kind of convection medium to get that heat evenly into what you are cooking. Are you using oil or something instead?

I think we're talking about slightly different things, I'm talking about spreading butter(-ish) on the bun before putting the burger on it, nothing to do with frying.

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

joke_explainer posted:

Please, no... Too many have fallen in the pursuit of the impossible burg.

For me, the perfect burg has pimento cheese or a blue cheese, and the beef is chuck, sirloin, and brisket ground with suet. None of this 80% lean stuff. I also really like pickled onions and crisp discs of quick dill pickles. The bun is pillowy with a golden egg washed crust. Freshly ground so you can safely have a medium rare center of that burg but a deeply browned exterior. Dijon mustard. I'm not going to shirk away from a garlic aioli if offered. I don't know, probably missing something in this burger fantasy. But basically going for a distinctive cheese, a rich compound beef flavor with lots of fat, sharp acid in the pickles and mustard to round it all out.

I put pimento cheese spread on my veg burger last week. That was good :burger:ing.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

Jaded Burnout posted:

it's too late to burg

impossible!

Yuu Morisawa

Watch Creamy Mami
I ate a good burg

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I put some salmon filets on hamburger buns with a bit of mayo and soy sauce.

----------------

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

I bought a Half-Pound Flamethrower Grillburger™ from Dairy Queen® and it was pretty good. Probably my favourite chain fast food burger place around here.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I had a burg at a restaurant on Monday. It cost too much and the fries weren't my favourite. I prefer a fast food burg or burg that I made myself to a fancy burg that is too thick. I use the two plate method to get a very thin burg.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I had a burg at a restaurant on Monday. It cost too much and the fries weren't my favourite. I prefer a fast food burg or burg that I made myself to a fancy burg that is too thick. I use the two plate method to get a very thin burg.

Agreed. Not a fan of stuffed burgs either. Too much trouble, and you can just put the stuff on top. Though, sometimes burgs can get too thin, especially at fast food places, which want to give you the least burg for your buck.

Shugojin

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

osirisisdead posted:

I put some salmon filets on hamburger buns with a bit of mayo and soy sauce.

its a good thing

its not a burg, but a salmon sandwich is real good in its own way

Robot Made of Meat

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I'm not big on fancy burgs or stuffed burgs either, but I do like them nice and rare, so very thin is not my thing.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shugojin posted:

its a good thing

its not a burg, but a salmon sandwich is real good in its own way

I know... but I thought it was close enough for yobbing about. The way the soy sauce absorbed into the buns was gratifying...

----------------

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

osirisisdead posted:

I know... but I thought it was close enough for yobbing about. The way the soy sauce absorbed into the buns was gratifying...

I'll let you off the hook this time, but watch yourself. A couple people start posting salmon burgers, and next thing you know, the burg thread is filled with burritos, and pizza, and s'mores. It gets out of control!

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
polyculinarianism :thunk:

----------------

Jaded Burnout

A calzone is a burger.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Jaded Burnout posted:

A calzone is a burger.

Is a vegetarian calzone a burger?

Koishi Komeiji

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Is a vegetarian calzone a burger?

No, it's a type of taco which itself is a type of hot dog.

Jaded Burnout

Can't wait til that company releases the Impossible Calzone.

BoldFrankensteinMir

This thread is making me hungry. And confused.

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh
had a good burger today

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

ghost emoji posted:

had a good burger today

Where at and what kind?

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Where at and what kind?

in n out. mustard fried w chopped chiles

didn't get their fries tho cause in n out fries suck

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

What's the thread's opinion on the goodness of a McGangbang?

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What's the thread's opinion on the goodness of a McGangbang?

Not a fan. First, I'm nut a huge McDonalds fan anyway. Second, if what I am reading is correct, it is two hamburg patties and a spicy chicken patty. As a professional burg theorist, A cheeseburg and a spicy chicken burg have two different goals. The ideal Spicy Chicken burg and the ideal cheeseburg are very different. Combining them just makes them worse at both of their goals.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 3, 2018

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I just go for the Junior Chicken with Mac sauce. I also got tomato on the McDouble last time which made the sandwich have all the burg parts I want: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle.
It feels like a brick in your gut and I love it.

Peanut Butler

I just ate a very good Aldi sausage cut up in rice and wrapped in a burrito with Duke's BBQ sauce

it is on the bleeding edge, of what a burg is

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Midnight burg!

Coolguye

Required by his programming!
i toasted a wheat bun that I had painted some olive oil on and used it to wrap a gigantic burg with onion, Colby jack cheese, and spinach

I added some garlic powder as an afterthought but I really should have put it on with the olive oil

Jaded Burnout

Heck yeah night burg

Papa Was A Video Toaster

What do y'all think about cutting a burg in half? I think it's a heresy.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

TVsVeryOwn posted:

It can make a large burg easier to handle, which I can appreciate, but I would avoid it.

Petr
today I had the chili chili burger from Red Robin what was pretty good.

but when you order they ask if you want "some pink, or no pink," which... lol

----------------

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I eat mine with a knife and fork.

but cutting them in half reminds me of childhood.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Jaded Burnout posted:

I eat mine with a knife and fork.

but cutting them in half reminds me of childhood.

You can not be serious. Do you also leave your pinkie sticking out when you drink tea?

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

You can not be serious. Do you also leave your pinkie sticking out when you drink tea?

serious as a night burg. I don’t drink tea which makes me something of a pariah.

Djeser

it's crow time again

it wasn't a terribly good burg but i had two double burgs last night for 4x burg combo

there was probably 1/4th of a good burg average between them so it adds up

----------------

kalel

Couple of burg thoughts:

- last burg I had was last week. part of the $6 combo at BK (Whopper + chicken sandwich). Didn't regret it

- I've had burgs in both US and UK, and let me tell you, they're doing something wrong in "Great" Britain as far as burgs are concerned

- Burgs are NOT sandwiches

Djeser

it's crow time again

burgs are melts, really

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I stick my pinky out, but I was never taught to. My hands are just huge, and my pinky just feels in the way since it isn't actually supporting anything.

• Locked thread