Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir

I have loved hamburgers all my life but am trying to quit beef. It's been a sad, bitter affair.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

osirisisdead posted:

Meat is a sometimes food, lol

Rock on, Earth buddy!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I like veggie burgers so I anxiously await goon reviews.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yeah, I'm a pretty bad technophobe and even I am excited about 3D-Printed synth meat. As creepy as parts of it are, can I really say factory farming has fewer questionable practices? And eight pounds of feed for a pound of meat, drat.

Really, all externalities given due consideration, taking a bag of hamburgers through the window of your idling car while you stream music is like the most disgustingly decadent meal in the history of humanity. Old Pharaoh never even dreamt of such luxury- especially all the people and animal torture and ruined lands being far away out of view. That's the real cherry on top of any good serving of hedonism: ignorance.

...I'm sorry this is the burgers and coffee and mom-cars forum, right. Uh... *pets nice cat*

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thankyou gentlegoons for these excellent field reports. Obviously there is much work to be done but it is good to know the lay of the land.

We know the promising state of the vegburgs this very day, and can chill soundly with that knowledge.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

If McDonald's and Burger King merged, their new mascot would be Burglar King...

BoldFrankensteinMir

osirisisdead posted:

upstate NY nonsense

Oh no, never in Utica. It's an Albany expression.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Jaded Burnout posted:

y'all is making me very burg hungry, both ham and batten. Sadly I no longer live 10 minutes from a Five Guys which is my favourite burger in all of London.

Five Guys is a venerated favorite here, from what I've read. I like to get a grilled cheese with all the fixin's.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

In Denver there's this hole in the wall on like Colorado Blvd and Evans called Crown-Burger. Family owned, styrofoam drink cups, soap painted windows advertising low prices on breakfasts for construction workers. They have a weird giant menu with all kinds of crazy crap like gyros and chili and corn-dogs, but the famous house specialty is a "pastrami double-royale" that's two quarter-pound patties and a half pound of deli-sliced pastrami between flimsy buns with shredded lettuce and secret sauce. It is an unwieldy cannonball of meat and sauce and I dream of it sometimes (but the fries suck).

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Which is better for a double-burger, two buns or three?

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

If you could keep that middle bun crispy and good, perhaps with a light air-frying as if it were some kind of bread-patty, would the third bun be a tempting idea? Or is it just a literal fifth wheel in 2bun2burger world?

BoldFrankensteinMir

sigh, okay, fine, if the middle bun was kept crispy via consumer rotoconvectional thermoculinarianism machinery... would you welcome its otherworldly crispiness.

Y'all be like "what, there's a chicken patty between these burger patties". But another bite is like "nah. iz bread. Still all-beef" and you're overjoyed.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

You seem to think the transformation of language is an affront but I think it's the standard. Frying starts out vague enough with both pan-frying and deep-frying variants, then we get into "fries", most of which aren't cooked in oil anymore. Are the convectios now? No. Fry just absorbs new meaning. I fried my brain on that stuff man. The circuit is fried, my scalp is fried, that music is some country-fried corn my friend. If all those iterations count, slightly different sizzling food counts.

No really I agree with you I'm just treading water here. Mayonnaise on a burger, yay or nay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

This thread is making me hungry. And confused.

• Locked thread