Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I have loved hamburgers all my life but am trying to quit beef. It's been a sad, bitter affair.

have you tried an impossible burger? I have not but I am thinking I should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

Likely! But at the time you are like "I don't care bring me some food!" hah

A what?

The ‘Impossible’ Veggie Burger: A Tech Industry Answer to the Big Mac

https://nyti.ms/2jFjR5V

I saw a video, maybe a buzzfeed thing, where people were pretty sold

Manifisto

osirisisdead posted:

I clicked around for 40 seconds on that startup's page, but there isn't readily available nutritional information on there, not even macros. So, I don't care.

I don't own stock in them or anything but the macros are there if u care

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/faq/

per 3oz serving
fat 13g
protein 20g
carb 5g

Manifisto

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I like veggie burgers so I anxiously await goon reviews.

there is a place not so far from me that serves them

they are a good bit pricier than a regular old burg but I may have to try one for science

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

I also burged an imp burg

honestly? I liked it, I was pleasantly impressed. the texture is a bit crumbly, but not offputtingly so. flavorwise, well a lot of a stacked burg is the condiments and fixins - I got real cheddar on this bad boy, no vegan cheese bs for me - but there's a distinct beefiness, esp when you take a bit of naked patty. it's just . . . lighter than real beef, not a flavor bomb but tasty enough.

I suspect I could make do with one of these when a burger craving hit and not feel deprived

the cost however is quite high, that's an issue

maybe we have not yet reached perfect vegan meat, but as proof of concept this is p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

I finally had an impossiburg today, but with bacon.

lol

I have zero issues with your doing this, but I do think it's funny

a little like ordering pizza with gluten-free crust, topped with seitan

my pet monster posted:

hey yob

had a v. good burg today. it had maple bacon on it. came with some sweet potato fries they were also good but not as good as the burg.

welp, cya in 3 years

while I do not know what kind of backwater is incapable of producing burgers faster than once every three years, I am hopeful you can eventually migrate someplace where burgers are more plentiful

• Locked thread