Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
Periodic fasting is really good imo!

I'm gonna fry up a couple of veg burgs in sunflower seed oil this evening, maybe tomorrow if I don't get super hongry.

meat is a sometimes food, lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I clicked around for 40 seconds on that startup's page, but there isn't readily available nutritional information on there, not even macros. So, I don't care.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manifisto posted:

I don't own stock in them or anything but the macros are there if u care

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/faq/

per 3oz serving
fat 13g
protein 20g
carb 5g

That shows promise, but "Our magic chefs are the only ones qualified to shovel this down your gullet so drive 30 miles onewaykthx" So are they hard to cook properly or something? Boca burgers are still a clear winner.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
My snarky attitude aside, I really like the idea of some more competition on the market for the cyberpunk staple of a synthetic burger. :burger: :burger:

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
:agreed:

I ate a couple of simple veg:burger: for dinner last night. 'twas good.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

YourHeadaSplode414 posted:

I want a steamed ham

wrong thread :mad: not really mad but I don't get the joke

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can one actually steam cook a hamburger or is this more delicious upstate NY nonsense like beef on weck?

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I'll stick to dumplings and/or filled buns for now.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
two bunless vegan burgs with not-vegan-beans and sliced japaleno peppers, ranched up.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
Countertop Convection Cven, let's call it a COO(TM) pronounced koeotm

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

You seem to think the transformation of language is an affront but I think it's the standard. Frying starts out vague enough with both pan-frying and deep-frying variants, then we get into "fries", most of which aren't cooked in oil anymore. Are the convectios now? No. Fry just absorbs new meaning. I fried my brain on that stuff man. The circuit is fried, my scalp is fried, that music is some country-fried corn my friend. If all those iterations count, slightly different sizzling food counts.

No really I agree with you I'm just treading water here. Mayonnaise on a burger, yay or nay?

lightly on a griddle fried bun or slice of bread underneath both lettuce and tomato. Mayo is an emulsion of oil and egg, right? It is okay in moderation. It also makes for good and easy tuna salad, but I usually try to stick to farm raised, frozen, fish.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

joke_explainer posted:

Please, no... Too many have fallen in the pursuit of the impossible burg.

For me, the perfect burg has pimento cheese or a blue cheese, and the beef is chuck, sirloin, and brisket ground with suet. None of this 80% lean stuff. I also really like pickled onions and crisp discs of quick dill pickles. The bun is pillowy with a golden egg washed crust. Freshly ground so you can safely have a medium rare center of that burg but a deeply browned exterior. Dijon mustard. I'm not going to shirk away from a garlic aioli if offered. I don't know, probably missing something in this burger fantasy. But basically going for a distinctive cheese, a rich compound beef flavor with lots of fat, sharp acid in the pickles and mustard to round it all out.

Does it really taste the same? I think butter is actually not that bad, sugars seem to be the main culprit for me. Stuff fried in butter definitely seems noticeably different than just dry things on a hot griddle, it's good to have some kind of convection medium to get that heat evenly into what you are cooking. Are you using oil or something instead?

I put pimento cheese spread on my veg burger last week. That was good :burger:ing.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I put some salmon filets on hamburger buns with a bit of mayo and soy sauce.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shugojin posted:

its a good thing

its not a burg, but a salmon sandwich is real good in its own way

I know... but I thought it was close enough for yobbing about. The way the soy sauce absorbed into the buns was gratifying...

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
polyculinarianism :thunk:

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
that sure is one heck of a good burg

I think I'm going to be able to go try an impossible burg as a part of a greater journey into the great unknown tomorrow. woop woop

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
u aren't rdy 4 this brg bb

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I tried to go have one of those Impossible Burgers (still haven't been able to make it by a place where they are sold) at a restaurant called Burg in Newark, but it was closed!

Talk about burgus interruptus!

Instead, I had a badass afro-fuzion gourmet meal, so that was good too.

----------------

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally had an impossiburg today, but with bacon.

Wow. I am impressed with the food science.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manifisto posted:

lol

I have zero issues with your doing this, but I do think it's funny

a little like ordering pizza with gluten-free crust, topped with seitan

That's some of why I did it. I also like actively choosing neither "side" of any passionate debate like meat vs vegan. The key difference is that I'm not allergic to meat and the only repercussions of a bacon topped veg burger is one dang delicious burger.

----------------

• Locked thread