Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaded Burnout

y'all is making me very burg hungry, both ham and batten. Sadly I no longer live 10 minutes from a Five Guys which is my favourite burger in all of London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Five Guys is a venerated favorite here, from what I've read. I like to get a grilled cheese with all the fixin's.

There was a time a few years ago when they just had the one in all of the UK, and the queues out the door were regular enough that they installed permanent outside queuing.

My understanding is they charge us vastly more than you, a [double] cheeseburger is £8 ($11).

Jaded Burnout

I want to burg but it's too late to burg so I'm going to have a bagel (burgel) which is like a burg but with marmite instead of ketchup

Jaded Burnout

I had my marmite burger, it was good.

eonwe posted:

two, IMO. the in between bun just gets mushy

This also for me.

Jaded Burnout

It is only recently that I've stopped putting butter (or butter substitute) on burger buns, and pretty much every bread container really. I realised it tastes the same either way.

I used to butter brioche buns, I can't imagine why I'm a fatboi.

Do y'all have Byron burgers in your neck of the woods? If so what do you think of their head chef's custom burger cheese?

Jaded Burnout

joke_explainer posted:

Does it really taste the same? I think butter is actually not that bad, sugars seem to be the main culprit for me. Stuff fried in butter definitely seems noticeably different than just dry things on a hot griddle, it's good to have some kind of convection medium to get that heat evenly into what you are cooking. Are you using oil or something instead?

I think we're talking about slightly different things, I'm talking about spreading butter(-ish) on the bun before putting the burger on it, nothing to do with frying.

Jaded Burnout

A calzone is a burger.

Jaded Burnout

Can't wait til that company releases the Impossible Calzone.

Jaded Burnout

Heck yeah night burg

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What do y'all think about cutting a burg in half? I think it's a heresy.

I eat mine with a knife and fork.

but cutting them in half reminds me of childhood.

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

You can not be serious. Do you also leave your pinkie sticking out when you drink tea?

serious as a night burg. I don’t drink tea which makes me something of a pariah.

Jaded Burnout

Twenty Four posted:

It's just a regular small sized McDonald's cheeseburger but with two patties. Not really good, but not a bad bang for your buck if you want something cheap or nothing else close is open.

Huh. Y'all have a special name for that? It's just a "double cheeseburger" here.

Jaded Burnout

Crazy. good to have options I guess

Jaded Burnout

night burgerrrr

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

ur wife thinks ur fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

Good lord.

• Locked thread