Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pill Clinton
Jun 4, 2006

Feast for thought
You tried everything which I would have tried. No post issue usually are caused by CPU or motherboard failure or incorrect installation of CPU. You seemed to eliminate the motherboard one.

Can you borrow a compatible CPU from someone to test it out? Bring the system to a PC repair shop and ask for a compatible CPU to run a test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pill Clinton
Jun 4, 2006

Feast for thought
If a CPU was going bad, you would not get a BSOD (I think). Because BSOD requires the CPU to be working while the blue screen is going. An overheating CPU will get you BSOD, because at that point the CPU is still operational (the problem here is the heat).

If the new CPU is not going to help, then both of your motherboards might be bad. I am saying that you cannot, yet, rule out the chance that the secondhand mobo is also bad.

• Locked thread