Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

uh this owns????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

My "home office" reflects my interests and sensibilities. It has a strong Victorian flavor, with a strong touch of steampunk tinkerer. Most of the furnishings are hand-crafted (most by me) with model sailing ships, Bonsai trees, arts and crafts things (like drawing and sculpting tools) in their cases ready for work.

My computer is, sadly, perfectly modern. One of these days I may design a more suitably period case, and do something about the shiny plastic around my monitors (Maybe brass overlays?). My steampunk rifles are mounted on the wall and my steampunk outfit is hanging from an old-fashioned hat rack in the corner. Again, all of those are self-made.

No action figures, I'm afraid. Not many books, either (my bookshelves look more like an apothecary shop than a library, with quills, dip pens, ink wells, pencils, pads, easels, wood tool cases, leather scraps, punches, and lots and lots of little jars with alcohol, oils, dyes, etc.). The ambiance is wood paneling, and the lighting is generally soft and low.

Oddly, this is really the first time I've looked around and seen all of this in this context. None of this was consciously done. It just sort of happened over the years in an organic flow. It's not arranged, not really very organized (even if I know where most things are). I usually find my office space based on where I can put my 90 year old executive desk. (Oh, wait, it's 110 now, made in 1908. poo poo, time does fly.) The rest just sort of happened.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Boiled Water posted:

i'm a twenty page explanation of every new and existing feature of a mobile operating system

i would buy a book of siracusas macos x reviews

i actually wouldnt but i think theyre very cool

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Surprise Giraffe posted:

What's a good science and tech blog?

wired is ok

• Locked thread