Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ham Equity posted:

Haven't Jewish anti-hate groups spent decades trying to put down conspiracy theories about "the Jews" controlling all the media and politics?

This seems really counterproductive to those goals.

It is to the benefit and best interest of the Zionist project to do as many things as possible to endanger the reputation or safety of diasporic Jews in order to manifest their supposition that "Israel is the only safe place to be a Jewish person." They hope to reap the rewards that all this Manifest Destiny/population influx/existentially necessary military aid would imply, while creating a populace that feels captured to colonialist aims regardless of their own feelings on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SlimGoodbody posted:

It is to the benefit and best interest of the Zionist project to do as many things as possible to endanger the reputation or safety of diasporic Jews in order to manifest their supposition that "Israel is the only safe place to be a Jewish person." They hope to reap the rewards that all this Manifest Destiny/population influx/existentially necessary military aid would imply, while creating a populace that feels captured to colonialist aims regardless of their own feelings on the matter.

Well yeah

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hero, villain.

The Oldest Man posted:

prompt engineering is loving trash

Maybe i posted this, but a while back I was trying to research different types of old dos error messages, such as granularity faults. Querying certain terms like that triggers the fault event handler now, which basically cripples the search entirely and instead of fetching results it apologized and asked me to try again later

So there may be a way to jailbreak google or bing

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
diod you guys ever figure out if you thought ai was good or bad or...?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's bad and also very stupid, but sometimes funny, like Cobra Commander

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Persiflagist posted:

AI is a myth supported by Big GPU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Persiflagist posted:

It can be neither good nor bad. Artificial intelligence does not exist.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Like any tool or implement, it depends on the intentions of the user.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's bad and also very stupid, but sometimes funny, like Cobra Commander

Succinct and well put, thank you

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

This loving guy

The Tech Baron Seeking to “Ethnically Cleanse” San Francisco

quote:

Still, his appetite for autocracy is bottomless. Last October, Balaji hosted the first-ever Network State Conference. Garry Tan—the current Y Combinator CEO who’s attempting to spearhead a political takeover of San Francisco—participated in an interview with Balaji and cast the effort as part of the Network State movement. Tan, who made headlines in January after tweeting “die slow motherfuckers” at local progressive politicians, frames his campaign as an experiment in “moderate” politics. But in a podcast interview one month before the conference, Balaji laid out a more disturbing and extreme vision.

“What I’m really calling for is something like tech Zionism,” he said, after comparing his movement to those started by the biblical Abraham, Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith (founder of Mormonism), Theodor Herzl (“spiritual father” of the state of Israel), and Lee Kuan Yew (former authoritarian ruler of Singapore). Balaji then revealed his shocking ideas for a tech-governed city where citizens loyal to tech companies would form a new political tribe clad in gray t-shirts. “And if you see another Gray on the street … you do the nod,” he said, during a four-hour talk on the Moment of Zen podcast. “You’re a fellow Gray.”

The Grays’ shirts would feature “Bitcoin or Elon or other kinds of logos … Y Combinator is a good one for the city of San Francisco in particular.” Grays would also receive special ID cards providing access to exclusive, Gray-controlled sectors of the city. In addition, the Grays would make an alliance with the police department, funding weekly “policeman’s banquets” to win them over.

quote:

“A huge win would be a Gray Pride parade with 50,000 Grays,” said Srinivasan. “That would start to say: ‘Whose streets? Our streets!’ You have the A.I. Flying Spaghetti Monster. You have the Bitcoin parade. You have the drones flying overhead in formation.... You have bubbling genetic experiments on beakers.… You have the police at the Gray Pride parade. They’re flying the Anduril drones …”

Everyone would be welcome at the Gray Pride march—everyone, that is, except the Blues. Srinivasan defines the Blue political tribe as the liberal voters he implies are responsible for the city’s problems. Blues will be banned from the Gray-controlled zones, said Balaji, unlike Republicans (“Reds”).

“Reds should be welcomed there, and people should wear their tribal colors,” said Srinivasan, who compared his color-coded apartheid system to the Bloods vs. Crips gang rivalry. “No Blues should be welcomed there.”

he thinks this is a chilling neo-fascist call to arms but it reads like the revenge fantasy of a nine-year-old nerd who just got swirlied by the cool kids

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This loving guy

he thinks this is a chilling neo-fascist call to arms but it reads like the revenge fantasy of a nine-year-old nerd who just got swirlied by the cool kids

Isnt this idea lifted like straight from a 10+ year old slate star codex blog post? At least the whole idea of the Grey tribe definitely is. I cannot get over how dumb these "rational" mfers are lol. Imagine thinking you are smart and then sincerely saying the "AI Flying Spaghetti Monster" is going to part of your smart tech guy culture.

thalweg has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Apr 27, 2024

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
there is no gray, there is clearly only blue and red because gray welcomes red into their arms

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
What if Hitler but he was yang gang

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Need another color to complete the Hogwarts house motif.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This loving guy

what a nerdlinger

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
did you guys ever figure out what ai was

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Persiflagist posted:

we were waiting for you to tell us.

so what have you figured out?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Persiflagist posted:

it's love

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

applied linear algebra

and marketing

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Gremlins in a cardboard box

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Gremlins in a cardboard box

wow. I didn't think anyone still called us "gremlins."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's OK I'm allowed to say it

1/256th on my mother's side

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mawarannahr posted:

wow. I didn't think anyone still called us "gremlins."

Sheesh you're never happy are you???

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Dork enwhitenment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This loving guy

Wasn't this tried in Habbo hotel but then 4chan did it less funny and with more swastikas.