Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm not an ai so it may not count I'm sorry

thats ok because thats not mr hootington :wiggle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

crap you're right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

nevermind you stranger, gently caress you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I praised the wrong person who pissed off harry potter fans why is hooty so diverse in folks who hate him

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Buck Wildman posted:

I praised the wrong person who pissed off harry potter fans why is hooty so diverse in folks who hate him

I was trying to figure out what was going on!

Also, fun fact: We both posted in the GDT for Wrestlemania which led to someone giving us those avs as punishment. And yes, the connection is tangential and confusing at best.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Also, fun fact: We both posted in the GDT for Wrestlemania which led to someone giving us those avs as punishment. And yes, the connection is tangential and confusing at best.

Mild confusion? That's a ban, fucko

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

respect Rambo’s refusal to read usernames.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

see other people are just as dumb and inaccurate. be proud of yourself. it's a rough world and you still continue to endure

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Buck Wildman posted:

see other people are just as dumb and inaccurate. be proud of yourself. it's a rough world and you still continue to endure

Thanks, Rambo!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Thanks, Rambo!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Biplane posted:

Mild confusion? That's a ban, fucko

042124_3
Apr 21, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 03:20 on Apr 22, 2024

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

042124_3 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

epic rereg

Somebody has issued a correction as of 03:20 on Apr 22, 2024

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

new Boston Dynamics robot
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sc43gsSkvF1skdq1n_720.mp4

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

new flexibility WOD just dropped

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnxP7e7-YA

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

genuinely thought it was going to start sucking its own dick at the 8 second mark

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Walton goggins with huge beautiful tits

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

uncle baby billy's bodacious mommy milkers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

genuinely thought it was going to start sucking its own dick at the 8 second mark

it does

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Giving it 3 years before they're armed and killing people.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

pseudosavior posted:

Giving it 3 years before they're armed and killing people.

I don't think you'd need to arm one of those for it to kill people

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They will be deployed as riot control police before 2040

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It sure will be something when protesters have to wear computer-vision baffling clothing and makeup to dodge the Boston Dynamics deathdroids and wardogs blaring LRAD and hosing bullets at the food riots in 2030 after the president solves hunger by signing a law that says it's illegal to be hungry.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Turn on your monitor

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

they will be defeated by sand and water and wind. no robot can ever replace humans, sorry. fishing wire, holes covered with leafs, trucks swinging from vines, painted tunnels.. powders that reflect their optical wavelengths. humans will NEVER be destroyed by 100% pure robots. too stupid.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

SlimGoodbody posted:

It sure will be something when protesters have to wear computer-vision baffling clothing and makeup to dodge the Boston Dynamics deathdroids and wardogs blaring LRAD and hosing bullets at the food riots in 2030 after the president solves hunger by signing a law that says it's illegal to be hungry.

2033, a small cadre of underground body positivity activists make a big impact when they refuse their state mandated ozempic and get really fat

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Lpzie posted:

they will be defeated by sand and water and wind. no robot can ever replace humans, sorry. fishing wire, holes covered with leafs, trucks swinging from vines, painted tunnels.. powders that reflect their optical wavelengths. humans will NEVER be destroyed by 100% pure robots. too stupid.

This. That fuckin' robot can be defeated by strong light, focused radio waves, or just a baseball bat or a shotgun.

All y'all need to realize that this tech is bullshit nonsense, designed as a scam to employ failspawn.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Ever drop a laptop or a phone wrong? Now imagine how much force an adult male can put behind an aluminum baseball bat and think about what that force is gonna do to a sensor cluster, or a pneumatic system, or a circuit board.

Also, the battery life is either going to be poo poo to keep them fast, or it'll be good and they'll weigh a billion pounds and you'll be able to walk away from one without worry. Science fiction is mostly fiction, don't let insane companies try to convince you elsewise.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah the future of oppression is going to look more like what's going on in palestine, or the MOVE bombing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

once they start letting the cops regularly use quadcopters with bombs to take down suspects the way they tied a grenade to a bomb disposal robot to kill that sniper in texas, its over. theyre just going to get anyone they dont like with a kamikaze drone

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Ithink i posted this but a scientist did this long vid about how human shaped robots are garbage and absolutely not worth it, even as "protocol droids." An app, or Hal or a roomba or something would work better for any purpose.

Except they would be worth it for the purpose of interacting socially in a dominance hierarchy. If you would instinctively see this thing and be like "yeah that's a person or something that can help or I can interact with" but it's a tool of oppression because of its programming, it's already working.

If you can't really know what it's "thinking" and it's a 500lb iron man with a gun, or even if it can just restrain you to the free expression area, it's perfect.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you want a vision of the future Ukraine, imagine a kamikaze racing drone chasing a guy around a tree trunk like a Looney Tunes cartoon forever or until he gets tired.

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

There is only one industry where robots should be welcomed and that is sex work. Where are my std-free hooker bots zuck??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Chonchon posted:

There is only one industry where robots should be welcomed and that is sex work. Where are my std-free and hooker bots zuck??

there is a 99.9% chance that boston dynamics has a side business making sexbots for billionaires

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i guess boston dynamics is owned by hundai?!?!?!?! ok id buy a robot car that runs at 60mph on four legs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Al! posted:

once they start letting the cops regularly use quadcopters with bombs to take down suspects the way they tied a grenade to a bomb disposal robot to kill that sniper in texas, its over. theyre just going to get anyone they dont like with a kamikaze drone

Yeah at some point they're just gonna let them put anti material rifles on big stable drones and use those to "shoot engine blocks" and also other targets of inconvenience

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al! posted:

don't worry it's less than lethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quadcopter-involved excited delirium-caused sudden unaliving syndrome