Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

SlimGoodbody posted:

It sure will be something when protesters have to wear computer-vision baffling clothing and makeup to dodge the Boston Dynamics deathdroids and wardogs blaring LRAD and hosing bullets at the food riots in 2030 after the president solves hunger by signing a law that says it's illegal to be hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

spechtie posted:

soldier with a drone jammer in sudan

Now we're talking

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He looks like an XCOM soldier with that thing

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ah it looks so happy when it just bounces up and down! Yep, you go doggo, burn that forest!

Also seems like it has bugger of fuel storage. I wouldn't be suprised if they few times it was shown firing was all the fuel it could carry it could carry at a time. Although it didn't actually seem to be going through that much with each burst so maybe not.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dr_rat posted:

Ah it looks so happy when it just bounces up and down! Yep, you go doggo, burn that forest!

Also seems like it has bugger of fuel storage. I wouldn't be suprised if they few times it was shown firing was all the fuel it could carry it could carry at a time. Although it didn't actually seem to be going through that much with each burst so maybe not.

The reddit post I saw it said it had "45 minutes" which sounds like the biggest lie I ever heard

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://x.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1782970728570130658

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Rutibex...

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Milo and POTUS posted:

You would think right? But the truth is that all major companies basically have successfully trained up an army of little weirdo nerd freaks who would gladly take a bullet in defending them. It's truly baffling. If you've never heard of it, I do the Microsoft Rewards program. It's a bunch of little games, quizzes and puzzles where you get points and can then redeem them for gift cards. So almost real money! If that sounds great to you, hold up for a second, cuz it takes 6500 points to get a 5 dollar gift card. And you might get 300 points a day. You used to get almost 500 and almost always over 400 a day. Then they nerfed the puzzle points into the dirt such that it's probably not worth the effort to start now; I'm only doing it out of habit at this point. You also get points for searching... Bing. 150 for using your desktop and 100 for mobile searches.... 5 points a search. You could knock the whole thing out (including all the little quizzes and poo poo) in about 5, maybe 10 minutes. Now they throttle your searches so you can only do (at most) 4 every fifteen minutes. It's proven understandably very unpopular but every comment on the subreddit complaining about it gets absolutely brigaded and downvoted by the absolute weirdest, most deferential little creeps. They seem fundamentally unable to understand that microsoft is selling all this data off and probably for substantially more than 5 bucks a month. Even with the spammed searches, it's probably worth a pretty penny. And even if they were going into the red on it, it's loving microsoft, they can afford it, gently caress them.

What happened to loyalty, solidarity, collective action? It was successfully channeled into standing up for brands.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tulip posted:

What happened to loyalty, solidarity, collective action? It was successfully channeled into standing up for brands.

when bourgie supermarket chain Irma here in denmark was shut down, people in a very wealthy municipality formed a human chain around their local irma and sang solidarity songs.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Lol the collective consciousness developed dementia

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Zodium posted:

when bourgie supermarket chain Irma here in denmark was shut down, people in a very wealthy municipality formed a human chain around their local irma and sang solidarity songs.

lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zodium posted:

I'm losing sanity points here

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

tokin opposition posted:

Lol the collective consciousness developed dementia

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zodium posted:

Most notably the Christiania solidarity song. Here is the refrain.

You cannot kill us
You cannot kill us
You cannot kill us
We are a part of you

Like people were openly weeping and poo poo.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Zodium posted:

The salmon farmers were asked to pay taxes here in Norway a couple years back, and within days had thousands of their ultracucked working poor slaves out marching bearing torches to protest this wild injustice.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Fence off
a square forest plot
let loose
ten flamethrower dogs
ten seed spreading border collies
on the opposite side

record
12 years of footage off a drone

see
Conway's Game of Life
emerge
in the timelapse

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Milo and POTUS posted:

The reddit post I saw it said it had "45 minutes" which sounds like the biggest lie I ever heard

45 minutes of burn time*

*includes 44 minutes for secondary lithium fire

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love technology!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

getting hired to as many jobs as possible to render them worthless, thus toppling the capitalist machine

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao what the gently caress

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Zodium posted:

there's a chain of bougie convenience stores like gentrified 7-11 that just shut down unexpectedly and people are losing their poo poo, like the only reason I bought this million dollar condo was to be close to Foxtrot

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

7-11 is good enough for anyone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
re anzac bot

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

prompt engineering is loving trash

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just sat through a presentation showing chatgpt recognizes human emotions in pictures as good as or better than the average human and thought of rutibex

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

China is terrible, have you seen their social credit system? Also you'll never get a job if you protest genocide

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

rutibex was the guy who always commented about how he thought AI actually felt things and "wanted" things, right?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Oldest Man posted:

prompt engineering is loving trash

Imagine wanting to identify as an engineer.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i saw a good rant about prompt engineers i'll try to find it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lol that they’re like “can’t talk about 1921, mate”, but they are explicitly referring to the conflict as “World War One”.

mawarannahr posted:

just sat through a presentation showing chatgpt recognizes human emotions in pictures as good as or better than the average human and thought of rutibex

What did they measure against if not the consensus of humans? The photo subject’s own admission? Even that raises some philosophical questions.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Truga posted:

i saw a good rant about prompt engineers i'll try to find it

it's called a typist

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

spechtie posted:

soldier with a drone jammer in sudan

I don't know, I usually skip gauss weapons and beeline for the sonic cannon, much less ammo management that way and lobster men aren't as much of a hassle when they first show up

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's called a typist

i'm sorry i can't find it but basically designer got told he must find new hires, some "AI guys" for the design department at bigcorp

he got 3 dudes who couldn't do literally anything except type poo poo into gpt images so when he asked for corrections he would get entire new pictures, usually with worse errors elsewhere, and one lady who did know some photoshop but kept loving her images up with all the ai tools it has now lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Came up elsewhere that this kinda poo poo is a huge own goal because it makes it impossible for libs to effectively infiltrate, co-opt and wreck the movement like they did with BLM and such, and means that even if the college kids are jumping on the bandwagon for clout like they believe they all are, their names and faces are already in the system and the black marks are already on them, so they have no reason not to become further radicalised.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's also an own goal because it'll be a great database to reference for nurnberg2

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

can i get a highly paid prompt engineer job now that ive been using chatgpt for 6 months to write all my emails for me??

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

blatman posted:

can i get a highly paid prompt engineer job now that ive been using chatgpt for 6 months to write all my emails for me??

ChatGPT, write me a witty response to the preceding question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Haven't Jewish anti-hate groups spent decades trying to put down conspiracy theories about "the Jews" controlling all the media and politics?

This seems really counterproductive to those goals.