Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

what if they took the top 100 or so questions and made a “frequently asked questions” type thing. could be useful
Needs a second pass to get rid of all the questions like “how do I stop ChatGPT making poo poo up” and “how do I get rid of Microsoft Copilot”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

TACD posted:

Needs a second pass to get rid of all the questions like “how do I stop ChatGPT making poo poo up” and “how do I get rid of Microsoft Copilot”
you wish to remove copilot on your personal windows 11
install? simple! first you open the group policy editor

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Hoping to get a similar deal in place for conjugal visits and my patented teledildonics platform

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

TACD posted:

you can kill anything at jabbar.gom

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

If that kind of thing doesn’t get you to start torrenting then honestly you’ve got to ask what it would take for you to stop paying for this poo poo.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

poob

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

TACD posted:

If that kind of thing doesn’t get you to start torrenting then honestly you’ve got to ask what it would take for you to stop paying for this poo poo.

lol anecdotally i don't even see kids touching big media stuff already, they are all on self-made gaming content like roblox and MC now

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

TACD posted:

Empty quote

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

e: this was perhaps too harsh to post. may all those involved stub their toe once every day for the rest of their natural lives

Chard has issued a correction as of 05:32 on Mar 31, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I wish that they would live the rest of their days under the system of their own creation.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

this still feels incredibly dystopian and cyberpunk to me:

quote:

"Fully unmanned drone combat in Donetsk Oblast. Seen here, Ukrainian FPV munitions from the 47th Mechanized Brigade destroy a pair of Russian unmanned ground vehicles that attempted to push into Berdychi."
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sb723pKM7x1a1i6yy.mp4

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

spechtie posted:

The wars of the future... will not be fought on a battlefield or at sea. They will be fought in space. Or possibly on top of a very tall mountain. In either case, most of the actual fighting will be done by small robots. And as you go forth today, remember always your duty is clear- To build and maintain those robots. Thank you.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Doubleposting for content https://twitter.com/JeremyNguyenPhD/status/1774021645709295840

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Well well well.

Certainly.

Where do I even begin with the word “delve”?

It’s important to note that we live in an age not of gold or darkness or diamond, but of bullshit.

This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/980175772206993409

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tip to summon Herbert

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Platystemon posted:

Well well well,

if it isnt a tweet from 2018

thank u Platysdemon

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m sorry, but my dataset is limited to information published before the creation of this thread in January 2018.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Platystemon posted:

I’m sorry, but my dataset is limited to information published before the creation of this thread in January 2018.
Blessed life. How do I achieve this?

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
....ice-pick?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ruffian Price posted:

Blessed life. How do I achieve this?

I’m sorry, but I cannot assist with medical procedures.

Consider subscribing to Nvidia Hippocratic AI for the very reasonable rate of nine dollars per hour.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

spechtie posted:

this is so stupid, little bomb disposal robots just sitting in a field with little russian flags tied to them???

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
They have guns mounted on them

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I feel like everyone is just throwing whatever bullshit they have lying around into Ukraine to see what works.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

One of the things that stood out to me was the bot saying that renters couldn't be kicked out for not paying rent. I wonder how much AI training data is the thousands of news articles generally describing weird temporary things happening like the first restaurant banning cash versus at most a couple government website FAQs about current regulation?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
It was trained exclusively on nextdoor posts

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Biplane posted:

I feel like everyone is just throwing whatever bullshit they have lying around into Ukraine to see what works.

Get bomb to right spot for lowest cost. People are coming up with a lot of seemingly weird ways to drive down that cost.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/Gizmodo/status/1773801452974075930?s=20

building a $100 billion computer to make the chatbot slightly quicker

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I still have to explain to people that the "fake typing" really is giant GPU clusters struggling to output four letters at a time. Can't blame their intuition, surely it couldn't be this inefficient, right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Biplane posted:

Much like Israel is a testing ground for population subjugation, Ukraine has been a testing ground for all the fancy new toys. We seem to be on the only ones pointing out that no one ever won a war by trying out fancy new toys. (and no, the nukes didn't win WW2)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Much like Israel is a testing ground for population subjugation, Ukraine has been a testing ground for all the fancy new toys. We seem to be on the only ones pointing out that no one ever won a war by trying out fancy new toys. (and no, the nukes didn't win WW2)

war isn't about winning, it's about making shitloads of money selling the military tech the don't need

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Trying out fancy new toys get sad you super psyched for the next big war!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

gotta catch em all

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You can't anyway, as the graphic notes there's entire seasons that are simply unavailable anywhere :nsa:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

What's the pivot for all these servers when AI finally dies off? Bitcoin?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

w00tmonger posted:

scrap for ammunition in the water wars

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

w00tmonger posted:

Landfill in Arizona

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

if you use it for bitcoin you can get the power companies to pay you millions to turn them off lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

w00tmonger posted:

Automation to de-AI-ify the internet (until the next wave of AI)