Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Dylan16807 posted:

Desalination is cheap enough to let datacenters buy unlimited water. 450,000 gallons can be produced for less than $2000.

It all comes down to proper supply management.

Edit: $1 can buy 1 ton of desalinated water, which can absorb the heat from 600 kWh of power.

Cool. Now you've got that much salt + a bunch of other minerals, and discharging that back into the nearby ocean will drastically raise the salinity of the area to the point where you're killing off a lotta marine life that can't handle it.

Desalination is not a magic infinite source of water it's got use cases and trade offs and things you need to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus, that's terrifying from the ground up, then they blindside you with an australian accent

I didn't have the sound on and I'm imaging someone going "ey oval office looks like your ticker's gone all wozza"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Someone explain who that is I need some laughter in my life

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
drat, 14,000 euros for a folding rack, that place really is going to poo poo.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think it's also "if we aren't announcing dumping vast sums of money into the latest trend our shareholders will get upset"