Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I think this was an episode of Stargate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I had a friend way back when who used to joke about having a literal facebook, disembodied faces stitched into a rough approximation of the necronomicon

I feel like that would have been less damaging to people than the website

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I hope it comes with a tank gun in the trunk that can't be activated without paying $5000 for a firmware update and also isn't documented anywhere or properly licensed

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't see what pretending to be a dwarf has to do with the shittiest possible cyberpunk dystopia

Except maybe that society is starting to feel more and more like a game of Dwarf Fortress that's gone on longer than it has any right to and cascade failures are kicking in

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I like the Asimov story where a robot gets stuck doing laps around a lake of bullshit because it can't get any closer without dying but it can't leave before fulfilling its mission so it just does circles until some technicians have to brave the horrible Mercury environment to go fetch it

I feel like there's some meaning to be gleaned from this

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I had a roommate with no criminal record deliberately go to the cop shop to get his prints put on file back in like 2006

The cops couldn't figure it out either but they did it anyway

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

What if we just start referring to zero emission energy (wind solar hydro nuclear) as "white power." Think we could get a Green New Deal passed before anyone notices?

Would you mind if I start working on this in places other than these forums?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

that serving table is thiccer than it needs to be

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hotbox the pressurized one

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Like everything else in modern society I feel like this is just a conspiracy by the glaziers unions to solidify their position as our glassy overlords

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I hope he pulls it off the wall and eats it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it's a little known fact that eels have serious substance abuse problems and they've been clean for so long that this is just going to ruin their progress

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

When you guillotine a smartphone do you cut off the top with the camera or the bottom with the charging port, because the camera is kind of like an eyeball which is the face but the charging port is like a mouth for electrons which is also the face, asking for a friend

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

they didn't even install an air vent what makes you think they're going to install a pod mover arm

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it's 2020 just use your cybernetic augmentations to catch the bullets out of the air and throw them back at the gunman

alternately tip your fedora slightly and cut the bullets in half with your katana

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't know how my wife functions with how slow she types, it's maddening

she types at 65wpm

most "good with computers" people type at 6.5 wpm

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Lightning Knight posted:

I don’t understand, are these backwards?

no I just don't see how a computer toucher can function at speeds that low and the bar is rock bottom for everyone else

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Did that guy who livestreamed a pay-per-view MMA fight by wearing huge reflective sunglasses and streaming the reflection ever get in trouble?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm the parrot, get back to work BAWK

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

bike tory posted:

Everything about this is great except for the cash tips, that's not safe :(

I'm sure there's some sort of tap-to-tip thing for paywave or Apple pay or whatever nowadays?

I either saw this in the video in the article or some other article about it but they showed some dude tossing his trumpbucks in a bucket zip-tied to the front of the stage and the performer gave this awesome fistpump. I feel like this has stopped being stripping and has become elaborate titty busking at this point which feels like the first "this isn't too terrible" thing about this entire year

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Honestly I'm surprised Australia has managed to keep the tiny vegemite layer joke going for as long as they have, they eat that stuff like ice cream down there and vegemite cones (two scoops) are amazing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rutibex posted:

The Onions time distortion field is failing and they have resorted to reporting on events only a month or two away. Soon they will just be a normal news agency

that's because they can't report news from a future with nothing to report

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCDFW/status/1262566379343003652
They just need to invent one of these except for making GBS threads and I'll never get sick again! :peanut:

shouldn't be hard, eating is just reverse making GBS threads

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if there was a way to easily make a chatbot that was indistinguishable from myself I'd pay good* money for that

i'd give it 2 hours before the chatbot successfully convinces me that i'm the computer and he's the one with a skeleton and a nose and whatever other normal human things I have

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I mean they've got chicken mcmuffins now so it's a hard call, do you usher forth an unstoppable plague or do you go without a sack of chicken mcmuffins

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I feel like the buttcoin attack was specifically to discredit everything posted on twitter ever again, probably for lols

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Sausages posted:

One day those will be just some of the bars keeping us on this prison planet

this might be more accurate than you think!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessler_syndrome

Wikipedia posted:

The Kessler syndrome (also called the Kessler effect,[1][2] collisional cascading, or ablation cascade), proposed by NASA scientist Donald J. Kessler in 1978, is a theoretical scenario in which the density of objects in low Earth orbit (LEO) due to space pollution is high enough that collisions between objects could cause a cascade in which each collision generates space debris that increases the likelihood of further collisions

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just because it sucked worse in the past doesn't mean it's fine now, we should be doing a lot better by now

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Proteus Jones posted:

Elon Musk and the Slaves of Mars.

Just kidding, he'll kill everyone on the way there when his spaceship suffers explosive decompression.

I actually expect his space ships would wind up with a slow leak somewhere that's hard to find, like a bolt in a corner under some poo poo that wasn't torqued to spec and also wasn't the right size bolt to begin with but it doesn't start leaking until they're like 6 weeks into their journey

alternately, they get into a crash with that car he launched into space in the before-times

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Chard posted:

we're safe from extinction for now, because floating umbilical ghosts arent haunting the poo poo out of iceland america yet

looks like I need to call the landlord then if this isn't happening for everyone

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

soon we will have another sad thread when the bird flu thread starts up

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm impressed anyone still remembers 4v4 tic tac toe

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I have a poor peoples modular vehicle, an old 4 wheel drive with a trailer hitch

you can even buy expansion modules for it from decrepit farmers on the side of the road if you happen to need a "smells like horse" trailer module

not electric though but electric isn't helpful where I live because the grid is coal powered

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pulcinella posted:

From a few pages ago but I feel you could probably make some kind of horror comedy about ghosts losing their because no one can tell the difference between their home being haunted and their lovely IOT devices working like garbage. There is also probably some joke in there about evil spirits not having anyone to haunt because Millennials can’t afford homes/there haven’t been any vengeful spirits created in twenty years because no can can afford a home to be grizzly murdered in.

I like this for several reasons

one is that it's loving hilarious and shits all over the internet of things nonsense, I don't understand the kind of person who would want a Smalt for example, or one of those phone-tethered juice press machines that squeezes a bag of expensive juice into a glass and costs four hundred dollars after selling all your phone data to advertising companies and gently caress don't get me started on smart thermostats that stop working when the company declares bankruptcy 6 months after you get it installed

the other is that I picture "grizzly murdered" as in a bear kool-aid-mans through my front door and mauls me to death

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

you can save a ton of time when you microwave your steak if you put the onions in with it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Centrist Committee posted:

this is happening in medicine and everything else too, all the corporations in America just realized work doesn’t matter anymore, number still goes up

it’s like watching a vehicle riding on its rims during a high speed chase

I still feel like a crazy person every time I get caught up on current events and then try to talk to anyone I know outside of a few small corners of the internet and they act like nothing's wrong, I absolutely 100% agree with :iiaca: but i'll be damned if I can find anyone else around here who sees how everything is going wild

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if I get robot-murdered because I torrented Sonic the Hedgehog i'm going to be pissed

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

so food for thought: you're in prison with a comically long sentence, well past your natural life expectancy, and let's say you hosed up real bad so now you're in solitary

you're in year 50 of your sentence and then you just keel over dead one morning, except now the year is 2022 and they are testing brain-fixing-jelly on prisoners because this is hellworld, so you pop back up ready to serve the next 400 years of your sentence

also the brain goo is expensive as hell so that cuts into funds for everything else, so now your cell is slightly darker and your only food is nutraloaf, so now not only do you have several lifetimes worth of boredom to look forward to, the food is bland and it's uncomfortably damp and the light flickers at semi-regular intervals

edit: I need to stop revising my shitposts so many times because six (9) posters beat me to the punch

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

taqueso posted:

:justpost:

Why even have food if the prisoner can just be in hungry agony forever?

there's actually been lawsuits saying nutraloaf is cruel and unusual punishment, it seems like for optimizing suffering you'd feed them nutraloaf but not enough to actually stave off hunger entirely, so it both sucks because it sucks and it sucks because you're being food tortured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hobbesmaster posted:

literally one of the "o'brien must suffer" ds9 episodes

poo poo I knew I was ripping something off

Tulip posted:

Is this the plot to Dark Souls? I never got past the tutorial.

just about! poo poo I knew I was ripping something off