Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BBJoey posted:

poo poo rules

Literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Private schools are better at instilling Christian values.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

So if this guy is supposed to be twenty‐three when the card expired, how long does it last and how old was he when that photo was taken? :psyduck:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HorrificExistence posted:

only issue i see is that it could gently caress with abortion rights

Great news!

Those are already dead in the U.S., as of yesterday.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/jongold/status/931700690195324928
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1011039248386965504

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In one week, U.S. police solved five cold cases via familial DNA.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/jibuki/status/1016490205027622912

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I’m the keming on this tombstone.

Shear Modulus posted:

i hate when people write about wilson and call him an anarchist hes not in the slightest. hes alt right as gently caress

quote:

On that subject, he has something else to show me. Wilson pulls out a small embroidered badge. It depicts a red, dismembered arm on a white background. The arm's hand grips a curved sword, with blood dripping from it. The symbol, Wilson explains, once flew on a flag above the Goliad Fort in South Texas. In Texas' revolution against Mexico in the 1830s, Goliad's fort was taken by the Mexican government and became the site of a massacre of 400 American prisoners of war, one that's far less widely remembered than the Alamo.

Wilson recently ordered a full-size flag with the sword-wielding bloody arm. He wants to make it a new symbol for his group. His interest in the icon, he explains, dates back to the 2016 election, when he was convinced Hillary Clinton was set to become the president and lead a massive crackdown on firearms.

If that happened, as Wilson tells it, he was ready to launch his Defcad repository, regardless of the outcome of his lawsuit, and then defend it in an armed standoff. "I’d call a militia out to defend the server, Bundy-style," Wilson says calmly, in the first overt mention of planned armed violence I've ever heard him make. "Our only option was to build an infrastructure where we had one final suicidal mission, where we dumped everything into the internet," Wilson says. "Goliad became an inspirational thing for me."

This is your reminder that Texans violently seceded from two separate countries in defence of slavery.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
How are virtual visits cheaper?

The alternative is I get myself to the doctor’s office and sit in the waiting room.

I guess they save marginally on waiting room real estate, but the doctor’s time is the big cost, and my visit is occupying the same amount of that either way, right?

So are they scrimping by offshoring doctor or what?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shear Modulus posted:

they are certainly cheaper to do since you cant really do any sort of examination over a web chat

i also recall reading at some point that webchat appoints have substantially higher rates of prescriptions being issued so i wouldnt be surprised if part of their business appeal is how they dovetail with the painkiller overprescription racket

So the idea is that instead of “well let’s take a look at you” (= time consuming and expensive) they go “take these pills and call me if you don’t drop get better or drop dead”.

Got it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bawfuls posted:

On the heels of those dumb phone booths for open offices, now you can make all your employees wear Bane masks while they work in the panopticon!

https://twitter.com/cheddar/status/1024822841454129153

I like the collar that can read your vocal cords directly.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gas explosions are dieselpunk or maybe just steampunk.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol what aquarium is this

New Orleans

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The real crime here is offering fireplaces.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“I thought it was a Nike promotion.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phone posted:

ahahahahahahahaha hahahaha what

nebraska executed a prisoner with fentanyl

It can’t be worse than the usual cocktail,

…the components of which state have been foiled in procuring,

…which is why Nebraska turned to Fetanyl®.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re calling it the “Steamed Clams Scandal”.

I just made that up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Nastier Nate posted:

Now I’m no big shot German engineer but it feels like maybe putting a few tarps up might have been cheaper than a loving WEATHER MACHINE

german_engineering.pdf

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Giga Gaia posted:

Sites have to auto-detect copyrighted material uploaded to their platforms instead of waiting for someone to sue them.

But only if a rich, important entity holds the copyright.

Every shitpost on this site is copyrighted by the author, but that’s different.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahaha they're probably gonna be better at it than Trump's FEMA

This has been true for a while.

FEMA recognises it and calls Waffle House locations to gauge how bad the storm damage is in that area.

https://www.fema.gov/blog/2011-07-07/news-day-what-do-waffle-houses-have-do-risk-management

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Necrothatcher posted:

Wouldn't there necessarily be less veterans in politics around these days just because the US is deploying smaller armies? (e.g. 16 million US soldiers fought in WW2 vs 1.5m in Iraq & Afghanistan.)

It’s like the rural vote: their power must be maintained even as their share of the general population shrinks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chesnok posted:

There has to be some legislation prohibiting leaving the house in a t-shirt like that after the age of 13.

checks Twitter bio, is not disappointed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Chicken at $2 a pound what in the Christ.

No wonder they're treated like poo poo. That's, what, $6 to raise kill pack and transport a living animal.

They’re shipped across the Pacific Ocean twice so they can be processed in China where labour is cheaper.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

a7m2 posted:

how the gently caress could you believe this is real? there's plenty of dumb wasteful poo poo in the world but god drat

Because ships are incredibly good at what they do?

So fine, the economy of the scenario doesn’t quite work out, but I don’t think it’s as ridiculous as you believe it to be.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/state-news/police-body-found-near-cincinnati-turns-out-to-be-discarded-sex-doll/1480030717

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Larry Parrish posted:

Lmfao. Where is that

Los Angeles.

It’s the future home of the Rams and the Chargers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

“[I]t is impossible or impracticable for an Internet service provider offering [broadband] to distinguish traffic that moves only within California from traffic that crosses state borders”, the lobby groups' complaint said.

Your employers’ incompetence isn’t a valid defense.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pushpins posted:

I hope Google brings back Google Reader and just charges a fee or something I don't know

The demise of Google Reader was the beginning of the bad timeline.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

sincere and unironic this is the future that capitalists want

LOL no

Stuff getting repaired by third parties? Get the gently caress outta here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the story that always gets floated is the factory where they misprinted the order for 5 tons of nails so they produced one big 5 ton nail.

In the story I heard it was a lock (like, padlock) factory.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if you think the legal system will protect a minority religion

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

If Scarlett Johansson or someone acting on her behalf burns this guy’s house down, I wouldn’t convict.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You can tell the person who made that was an idiot because they put “A.D.” after the year.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Corresponds to five feet ten inches or 178 cm and 64.5 kg.

Officially, he could go as low as 129 lb (58.5 kg) and not be underweight or as high as 174 lb (79 kg) without going overweight.

But that’s only if he has no muscle.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah. The lack of reliable sources means unless you have a primary source you can trust your forced to read several flavors of propaganda and somehow infer a reading of it that is close to reality

That doesn’t help you when the bias is in choosing what to print.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shear Modulus posted:

they could be called trump hotels

This is insulting to homeless persons, who are much nicer people than the denizens of Trump Co. properties.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nanomashoes posted:

Hydrogen is both more buoyant and more flammable. Probably works even better.

Do you want the balloon to rise fast?

Mix in some oxygen to get that buoyancy closer to neutral.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A spark generator would kill two birds with one stone by jamming communications with the drone.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tokyo is grovelling for Amazon?

Huge, if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

you don't want amazon in your town.

The Sun never sets on Amazon because God doesn’t trust Amazon in the dark.