Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

New Orleans

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahaha they're probably gonna be better at it than Trump's FEMA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Prav posted:

neighbors aren't gonna give a poo poo if you just walk in the front door normally though

poo poo pull up in a moving van or something

They'd probably be glad to see him leaving.

Audible whoa on this one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cyberpunk utopia, off topic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

im depressed lol posted:

the lack of social media presence obviously being a sign of tremendous risk

I don't doubt this for a second. Hell, even if you had one, you probably couldn't just let it sit there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krankenstyle posted:

hell, for free i will log into your account and like woody allen, phil collins, & gary glitter

Wait, Phil Collins?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Socks4Hands posted:

i like my cyberpunk dystopia photographs like i like my sexual partners: boundless and bare

I really like that Moscow one that gets posted sometimes. Runner up is luxury condos/favelas

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

System Metternich posted:

Developer/Publisher: Fat Agent

Checks out

Is it an office supply theft simulator

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That loving thing is armed and we all know it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Media Bloodbath posted:

Some psychologists & psychiatrists are currently looking into using phone keyboard data (eg type speed, word usage, etc) to predict mood swings of people with bipolar disorder.

Looking forward to Swype et al. selling that data to insurance companies.

That's completely loving insane but I don't doubt they'd do that for a second.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ShriekingMarxist posted:

when you're willing to gently caress a robot you're really gonna min/max your time investment i guess

also lol

https://twitter.com/CBCTechSci/status/1055791591175020545

Jesus christ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’m legit curious what’s going to happen to the generation that’s been using the internet and smart phones since preschool. will the access to near-infinite information lead to introspection and growth? or will the human facsimiles of social media provide just enough mental stimulation to keep them self-aware but ignorant of anything below surface level thoughts and ideas?

I don't know about smart phones per se but using GPS solely may be having a pretty negative effect on our brains

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

got any sevens posted:

ive seen one in town that is exclusively for fancy cars like beemers, i wanna egg them so bad

Be the change

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The tech companies are basically villains already and I see no reason it's not going to get worse. Nerds are terrible.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

univbee posted:

How do they ID doctors/executives? And how do they distinguish pregnant women from fat women?

Info from your chip

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahahahaha

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

got any sevens posted:

apparently two private schools in seattle are running facial recog and you have to smile for the doors to open

A clever way to get around the HR nightmare of telling women to smile

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

tbf i doubt anyone paying for this service will actually be doing much loving

Thank god for small miracles I guess

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Crossposting

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

sometimes ill see something that reminds me that the entire internet is supported by advertising. not actually selling the products be advertised, just advertising them. every new products ultimate purpose is to spy on you and send you ads for stuff youre not going to buy

youtube makes money by showing ads on videos written by a computer and animated by sweatshops. these ads get "viewed" millions of times by clickfarmers in india who couldnt afford the products if they wanted to. the analytics generated by these fake views are then used by other companies to design products and ads that also wont get bought or watched

the whole internet ecosystem is a giant ouroboros sniffing its own farts

lol

Humankind is fuuuuucked and frankly I'm glad

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dead Beef posted:

how can anybody expect a frightened teenager to apply critical first-aid to a gunshot victim who is probably also scared and/or crying in pain, I'm all for teaching people first-aid but thinking kids are going to act rationally in a shooting scenario are underestimating how confusing a situation like that actually is

they're not soldiers, they're not in a defense state of mind, how long do you think it takes a person to switch from a "learn algebra" mindset to a "protect your life and apply first-aid to gunshot victims" mindset?

I'll never forget the piece of poo poo on twitter who told the students of parkland to suck it up because, he, a troop, had to put up with being shot at.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is this the thread for our pessimistic predictions of the near future cuz I've got a bunch in this vein.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahahaha

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Drone operator: "Permission to fire sir?"

Boss: "No glasses and a five o'clock shadow? I say go."

Radio Operator: "Sir! intel says he has contacts and that's just the look this season!"

Boss: "Dammit, stand down men, we'll let the locals catch this pervert."

If this took place in Afghanistan that pervert would possibly be on our side

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hahahahaha

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Reminder that not only were the luddites completely in the right

But they knew industrialism will make them redundant and put their families in the streets because capitalists have no sense of gratitude and are actively spiteful shits.

Weird. That's what I knew they were right about.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm illiterate and even I knew what it was about.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krankenstyle posted:

then delete them from real life instead

:qq: Class warfare! :qq:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This just bums me out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Frumply posted:

goatse.cx has been taken over to show ads from a blockchain

Wow, put this in the OP

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krankenstyle posted:

gotta say the ideology is kinda muddled

They're not a bright bunch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

Typically, gazelle do not actually use their horns for self-defense. Their main strategy for dealing with predators is to maintain a large herd to deter predators, because they are stronger together than alone. The horns are mostly used for mock-fights with other males to make themselves seem more impressive than they actually are. Actually using the horns to harm each other would damage the integrity of the herd, so they usually refrain.

I don't know WHAT conclusions you'd draw from that.

Herding (and schooling. and swarming. etc) is a very successful defensive strategy and one of the smartest things an animal in the wild does. In america it's a sign of stupidity lmao.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This world is trash lmao

Sir Tonk posted:

late stage capitalism is so loving dumb

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

At least $2k worth of pussies and dicks?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SpaceGoku posted:

a guy in the security room or w/e watches camera feeds from about half a dozen of these in various walmarts around america, they're doing some kind of pilot program to have robots slowly bumble around their stores and annoy their employees and customers

poo poo would never fly in philly if the hitchhiking robot is any indication

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Owns?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

univbee posted:

Hahaha dude has no loving clue what is and isn't technically even possible.

EDIT oh there's some great stuff at the tail end of the article.

Breathtaking.

vvvvvv The hate I have for these people

Milo and POTUS has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Jan 22, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Morphix posted:

My buddy is currently helping one of the devs on his team doing this exact thing. I guess she might of not been too forthright about her qualifications and after a year the company's looking to dump her. Now my buddy's stuck training her and doing his own work because shes' nice, and who cares they're making web software, so it's not life or death.

It's funny because in my head, I could never see myself outright lying about my own capabilities like that, but hey it's a fake it till you make it world so the gently caress do I know.

This world is probably loving amazing to anybody without scruples. Probably why nothing will ever really change.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

More prescient than most sci fi writers to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm way behind but holy loving poo poo, burn facebook to the ground