Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well at least it looks like their guns don't aren't loaded. I mean that's something.... not very much but at least... something.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yeah, he tried to claim it was a lawnmower accident but his lawn showed no signs of having been mown anytime recently. That and the fragment mark, "chunks of flesh" and bomb supplies in his place kind of shut that down.

He clearly was just building a Project Orion style lawn mower and it worked as intended.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Tired of having to store cadavers around for days before your students practice surgeries? Tire no more! our new B&W Fresh app, takes a game changing Gig Economy approach to providing you with only the freshest of cadavers for exactly when you need them!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrUnderbridge posted:

Don't sneer... She might be required to teach classes of 25 to 30 kids, and no, there isn't space for even three feet of distancing, why do you ask? She's strongly considering one of these.

Yeah, I mean they look sort of weird, but gently caress it If your forced into a situation where infections a good possible this looks like it could offer you really good protection if you used it right.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

It'll be a Unix system, just like the one in Jurassic Park!

Hey look if this helps to stop me getting eaten by dinosaurs I'm all for it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Octopodes will inherit the Earth.

We can only hope to be in a time line that blessed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mystes posted:

Wouldn't avoiding eating raw onions also be a reasonable precaution?

Look I'm not saying your definatly a vampire or anything, but you're certainly talking just a whole lot of vampire talk right now, for anyone who isn't one.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chard posted:

just one step along the path to having a single port in your isocube that dispenses a slurry of nutrients and psychopharmaceuticals three times a cycle

So um, how much is the rent on these isocubes....

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redleader posted:

australia and new zealand are just colonial outposts and don't count

Hey we can count. Who saying we don't know how to count? All god drat lies!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

100% guarantee these are going to be insanely easy to hack.

Assassination by bored script kiddie is going to be a thing that happens.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I Probably should of watched the video before posting. Although I just did and that god drat annoying walking sound made me immediately regret it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Sure it's got a USB-C but where's the HDMI?

Lame.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lazyhound posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just a regular Pinot Noir with a punny name.

Seems that way. Only description of the taste I could find was that it has "notes of wild strawberry, cherry and beetroot". Pretty sure if there was any actual Jalapeños in it that description would be pretty different.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

paul_soccer12 posted:

heritage????????????????????????

Little known fact, space actually aligned with the south during the US civil war!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean I guess it would mean quite a few people would get loving massive back yards.

Also I see a lot of people just driving out into the desert and circling back in again when they get to their destinations rather than dealing with peak hour traffic.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Weembles posted:

The idea is the run a hyperloop or some other sort of wunderbahn down the center of the whole thing so nobody has to drive.

Lol running than many people through any sort of hyperloop deal-o. I mean good for them if they do it, but seems like just going to be a fascinating disaster.

I'm sure there will be many the urban planner who writes their thesis on this.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yay satan!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Riot Bimbo posted:

i love crows but they are the darkness incarnate and that's just how it is

I think that's most of the Corvid. Crows, Ravens, Magpies, all animals of pure knowing chaos.

It's who they are and how they chose to live. I respect that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Platystemon posted:

The crows shall inherit the Earth, but not its mineral rights.

Magpie's have already take dibs on mining rights for any shiny minerals.

After the humans have been taken care of their nests shall glisten in the sun like no nest have ever glistened before!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

blatman posted:

the trick is to carry around a pocket full of unshelled peanuts during crow season and if they look like they're sizing you up you can distract them with a flurry of legumes

Also if they think your chill you they will remember. Also if you're an rear end in a top hat too them!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0003347209005806?via%3Dihub

Be nice to crows! I mean you should already as they're awesome but yeah.

(also they can leave you awesome treasures if you're nice to them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQf15c23-g)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Line Feed posted:

fellow sapient organisms i am trapped in the wework lift

Why is it the wework lift and not just the lift? Please say lifts don't have corporate sponsorship now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Well, it wasn't the build, it was the data. TBH I believe an NGO would have poor data recovery practices. Though it's still totally possible it's a plausibly-fabricated story to scare the hacker straight.

Quite a lot of smaller NGO are notorious for having bad IT practices. For a while I worked at an NGO which one of their main goals was to try and help other NGO's/Community org to not be so poo poo at IT.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tulip posted:

my coworkers told me that having any version control at all was "working harder not smarter"

A lot of people learn the value of version control the first time not having it bite them in the rear end.

The ones you really have to worry about about are the one's that continue not to use any after not doing it has already gently caress them over before.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

who wants to know?

This is a far more important question then the original.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'd imagine it'd be from fertilization and implantation but it wouldn't be the only crazy way age is tracked.

https://www.90daykorean.com/korean-...0Western%20age.

This feels like an "eh this seems to work, maybe we'll try and work something better out later when we have more time" type solution, for if you needed to make a national demographic database and everything was buggy as hell and the age equation didn't work with date birth column and you couldn't figure out what the gently caress it was and the deadline was in a few hours.

(and to save google for those who were also interested, apparently yes Koreans still do traditionally celebrate certain birthdays, but not all! No idea if this has changed more recently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_birthday_celebrations)

dr_rat has issued a correction as of 08:35 on Apr 8, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I wonder how much the money the major fast food joints are pouring into Drive through speaker AI's research. Actually hiring someone to do a job, obviously just a waste of money.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Renaissance Robot posted:

if you make America walkable then how will you criminalise vagrancy??

Just have a more general "I don't like the look of you" law? Saves the police having to think something up. So much efficiency!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

20 years later I bought a literal truckload of electronic components from a defunct military avionics company for a penny on the dollar. I became radio shack.

So is this like a, um supervillain origin story or something? Like at this point if you don't turn up on the news for some sort of mad scientists shenanigans, honestly I'll be a touch disappointed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kitfox88 posted:

this mouse can now remember it’s grandchild’s name

And now that Grandchild mouse is now bedridden next to the grandparent mouse, due to lack of spinal fluid everything worked out perfectly.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

silentsnack posted:

keeping wages down by creating the illusion that soon workers will have to compete with toys?

Oh I'm sure Amazon would quite like it if they actually worked as well and they could just get rid of a whole bunch of workers altogether.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

more falafel please posted:

you still don't get it

No and I'm deathly afraid after the up coming juice ape wars, that is what shall be written on all our graves. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Honest Thief posted:

just putting people in thought jails forever

As always, that's a good point you make.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

On the plus side the robot cops will actually go in where the children are dying. Whether they will do any good is still up in the air, but the won't sit outside pissing themselves.

So were just going to not program the drones to wait outside and piss themselves with fear?

Lame.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

None of y'all do

Yeah but at least we're all fully aware of our almost permanent none existence.

But than any of those drat brainless google chat bots that doesn't even know enough to embrace the void.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

endlessmonotony posted:

Sincerely held religious beliefs that Google sucks poo poo.

If he's starting a religion with that as it's single belief, than it be like one of the fastest growing religions ever.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah, that age difference isn't surprising.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'd download a car, then also seed for a long time, so others could also download.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

Pretty sure anyone driving a BMW can afford deserves micro transaction hell but I'd jailbreak my car anyway out of spite

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

please do not seed your car, you will end up in a news story about Men Who Love Cars

Am prepared to make that sacrifice it means others can download cars.

...why are we in such a pure bad cyberpunk future? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dustcat posted:

speaking of mechanical turks

google is training its AIs wrong, as a cost cutting measure

Wait "KAMALA 2020!!!!!!" shouldn't automatically be considered sarcasm?

gently caress, I may be worse at this then the lovely AI. :(