Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Carthag Tuek posted:

our phone number was 6 digits when i was a kid :bahgawd:

Huh. Ours was 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

THE RAZOR IS GOOD, THE FOOTBALL WAS BAD

*THE FOOTBALL IS EVIL

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

hey look everyone it's the rich idiot who bought our lovely company. if we kiss his rear end maybe we will not be fired (you will be fired).

https://twitter.com/WalterIsaacson/status/1585666128713371649?s=20&t=nZ3OyMulKpHUttTdbjhIcA

Oh look, it's that one rear end in a top hat on cspam that was right once

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

rko posted:

I feel like there’s a version of this conversation that was mutually supportive instead of bafflingly competitive and lovely, good lord everybody.

I'm starting to think you just don't get cyberpunk

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

rko posted:

this is a legitimately good one-liner but I thought about it and aren’t Case and Hiro and the rest of the cyberpunk gang pretty loyal teammates, often succeeding only through the reliable efforts of their comrades offline?

Being a team player is cyberpunk as hell

NGL that occurred to me, I opted to just post anyhow.

Close comrades are indeed very cyberpunk (though so is betrayal)

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Taeke posted:

lol when I was a kid stuff like 2girls1cup, rotten.com etc made the rounds, sex creeps and weird people were ever present in chatrooms and online games, and I'm not saying I turned out fine but I'm sure kids these days will manage to cope probably better than we did

obviously not excusing it or saying it's okay but acting like it's some weird new phenomenon and an immediate danger to a generation is overblown. if you let your (young) children online unsupervised and without talking to them about it that's on you.

Just fuckin lol if you think the access and impact of this can compare to roblox, tiktok, or youtube

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I was raised on Swat Katz and ninja Turtles and I turned out just fine

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Renaissance Robot posted:

debatable given you're posting on the something awful forums in 2023

:thejoke:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

just dont want to see you become one of the epic rereg guys. i know you aren't a sociopath or anything. im familiar with finnish culture so i get it. but they're gonnin for you for sure

Why are you posting like this, in so many threads?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

hadn't done it in a while and had to catch up on lecture posting. got a little too into it but it'll be a few months before the next time.

Alright. U be safe bud :salute:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Cool, one step closer to frying the neural interface of a netrunner

Hell yeah, we better be working on Black ICE