Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

I guess ultimately the only reason we live in the shittiest cyberpunk dystopia is because we haven't created the cyberpunk dystopia we want

Nah. It's that we're all the dumb and blind wage slave sheeple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comrayn posted:

owning both a google home and Alexa and choosing to ask them about Jesus so you can whine about the answer is the most Brentwood thing imaginable

I thought Brentwood was Achewood for a minute there, wewboi!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nothing is stopping the Taliban from using Strava?

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
reeeeeeee indeed

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Spherical Sponge posted:

Isn't trump's hatred of windmills mainly informed by the fact that they put them off the coast of one of his golf courses in Scotland and supposedly ruined his view or his property values or something?

Those tweets got him the support of the NIMBY lobby.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
His worst crime against mainstream American libs is having bad taste.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Food Boner posted:

seems a lot of teachers are leftist so its basically arming and training the proletariat

Well duh, you need to be somewhat intelligent and educated to be a teacher.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

lollontee posted:

*screaming*

[screaming geometrically]

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krankenstyle posted:

i love this dead gay forum

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
You mean like an automobile?

Cars have always been death on wheels. People are just desperate to dunk on this poo poo because it threatens their lovely driving-related jobs.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol they will just do what they did when the automobile industry colonized all of our public spaces for automobile infrastructure needs back when they were first invented

"The poors are wrong and those irresponsible women should keep their kids from playing in the street."

gently caress Capitalism.

Cyberpunkey Monkey has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Apr 12, 2018

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Food Boner posted:

eg http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-irrational-markets-20140710-story.html

so rather that seeing huge dopamine surges during stock trading like in response to cocaine or something

its just market worship and how we can further exploit our stupid monkey brains

That's because trading stocks is how they earn their cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

pretty sure this doesnt matter anymore now that the market is driven by perfectly rational algorithms

"Perfectly rational" can still be stupid as gently caress.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/03/does-anne-hathaway-news-drive-berkshire-hathaways-stock/72661/