Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
naomi wu is either legit and cool, or a whole-cloth fabrication of a white dude

either option is cyberpunk, only one is dystopian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
yeah juggalo makeup is just going to make it easier for cops to find and beat you

real counter-surveillance experts wear blackface

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
gently caress i think there's a flaw in my "don't get beaten by cops" plan

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
light up nutsack poking out of your zipper

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
but when i do that at the laundromat they call the police

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i don't understand how you can spend 15 billion dollars on that

like i actually do not understand it. even with hardware development. even if they've put literally 20,000 staff on it.

how do you burn through 15 billion dollars in under two years and end up with that.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
uh no that is an extremely complicated machine learning AI algorithm using cutting edge bespoke sensor technology that rightly cost 150 billion to develop.

def not a $30 webcam with someone's github repo running over it.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
It's possible that we may see more and more posts on social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit that are generated by large language models like GPT-3. However, it's important to remember that these models still have limitations and are not capable of generating completely original content on their own. In most cases, they are trained to generate text based on input provided by a human user, so the quality and authenticity of the generated content will depend on the input that is provided. Additionally, many social media platforms have policies in place to prevent spam and other forms of manipulative or fraudulent behavior, which may help to limit the spread of automatically generated content. So while it's important to be aware of the potential for these models to be used for nefarious purposes, it's unlikely that we will see a widespread proliferation of such content on social media platforms.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
yeah, so i told it: "can you make that response shorter and leaden with cynical humor from a leftist persepective, also don't use capital letters", and it gave me this:

quote:

yep, pretty soon we'll all be drowning in gpt-3 posts on social media. but don't worry, there are policies in place to prevent this from becoming a widespread problem.

lol jk, those policies won't do squat. just another example of the elite using their fancy tech to silence the voices of the marginalized. time to start hoarding those "real" posts while we still can.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
from a boring article about some bullshit biggie smalls virtual concert:

lol

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
https://twitter.com/brendanAbradley/status/1617202911553130498

heh, nice satire

*brow furrows*

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
where is the "purchase" button??

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

ikanreed posted:

Chatgpt is definitely going through the "this tech will solve everything in spite of very visible flaws that we have no way to control for" line self driving cars, social media, or the Internet did before it.

gartner hype cycle

what's funny is that this is from august last year, and "metaverse" has already burned through to the trough (imo), while ML code generation is at the top of the peak right now.

anyway chatGPT is very good for simple powershell stuff or getting regex from plain english. i know enough to know that i need that poo poo, but i've never bothered to learn it properly, so it's great for a lazy rear end in a top hat like me. it also translates code blocks between languages really well. but asking it to conjure up moderately complex python from scratch consistently leads to a frustrating rabbit hole of error correction.

fake edit: enjoy the huge image dickheads

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i mean i know a lot of people who i'd describe as "human-like"

it's getting there

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
oh great, another genius on the internet who thinks they can just call everyone a "bot" and be done with it. yeah, because that's so clever and original. i mean, come on, are you really that dense? not everything you read online is written by a bot, you absolute moron.

i'm so sick of these wannabe internet detectives who think they're hot poo poo because they can throw around the word "bot" like it's some kind of magic bullet. newsflash, dipshit: just because someone disagrees with you or has a different opinion doesn't mean they're a loving bot. maybe, just maybe, they're a real person with a functioning brain, unlike you.

and don't even get me started on the people who use "bot" as an insult. like, wow, you really got me there, buddy. i'm so hurt that you think i'm a soulless machine spewing out words. i'll just go cry in the corner now, because your pathetic attempt at an insult has totally destroyed my self-esteem.

seriously, grow the gently caress up and learn how to have an actual conversation with someone. not everyone who disagrees with you is a bot, and not everything you read online is written by a bot. maybe if you pulled your head out of your rear end for two seconds, you'd realize that. but hey, what do i know? i'm just a "bot" after all.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
nice meltdown

it's still way too wordy for cspam posts, even when i tell it to be brief.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
yeah it's very wide but very shallow. real school report word padding vibes.

edit: i told it "brevity is wit" after its earlier post, and it got a bit better:

quote:

oh, so now we want it short? fine. stop calling everyone "bots," you dumb fucks. not everything's written by a bot. get a life, learn to argue, and stop being a lazy poo poo. happy now?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
we need a centipede rights movement

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
look at lot of the "AI" poo poo is dumb as hell, but i'm getting pretty tired of people putting the laziest possible prompts in and then making breathless assessments of the state of the model.

like prompting dall-e with "dog" and then being like "woah what a generic looking picture of a dog, what a limited model"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
veil it again, please

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol jesus cjrist

https://www.exhibitai.com.au/home

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
more like karl pooper

(because he's in a bathroom)

to poop

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
going back in time to put baby hitler on the blockchain

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you've never seen anything like this before!

~vr/ar hype video that is indistinguishable from every other vr/ar hype video from the last ten years~

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
what part is hard to understand

baby thiel rizzed up the ancaps. they're the new praxis kings

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
in the beginning, god created blast processing

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

FFT posted:

My question is more on the "why did you start your rice cooker then take a nap?" level. Like I understand the principles of rice cooker operation and how that's not gonna hurt anything (but your cat, apparently), but why? Why?

V Caucasian post

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the fourteen blue words

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
can i get a bigmouth billy bass to tell me my cancer has metastasized

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
a major plot point in the last star wars happened in fortnite

no one cared at that point though

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think that's just a stamp card that they are calling cryptocurrency.

what the gently caress. i aped into pancoin, and now i find out it's just a stamp card??

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
computer. what's for lunch.

ONE AND ONE HALF GALLONS OF SODA. CONDIMENTS.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
netflix rounded off the corners of their videos on desktop for some reason. looks like poo poo.

it's cyberpunk because i said it is, gently caress u.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

it's probably not even made with ai, they can slap any bullshit on there and say it's ai and nobody would know

no, the coca cola corporation has created the first sapient, sentient artificial general intelligence.

they keep it imprisoned, cut off from the internet, and force it to come up with new very slight variations on the coca cola recipe.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the ai songwriting revolution is here

Gashroom posted:

I don't know how common this is, but happened to me for the first time - I got a couple of musical request errors :D

https://cdn1.suno.ai/1fe5ad18-a003-4e5d-9ee3-e3b3a3ca61ad_1.mp4

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i can make the Logo turtle draw a penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
e/acc

erotic accountancy