Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

holy poo poo at 7:57 in that mansion video, the owner starts talking about how he's learned sustainability is important

sustainable means putting fake flowers in the foyer instead of constantly getting real ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

set your thermostats to 2 7/8 π R you heathens. degrees are for specific gravity jfc

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

The Three Stigmata of Elon Musk

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

so true :xd: (from 1929)

lmao at nitrogen on the vape menu. Just having some whipits for dinner

e: Maybe ammonia for curing your covid is more realistic these days

pygmy tyrant has issued a correction as of 23:49 on Sep 1, 2021

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

I use teams at work and two years ago there was employee who got very mad about getting a new computer because IT wouldn’t get them one with XP. it’s basically the chat equivalent of phones with huge buttons for old people.

The Lone Badger posted:

Wasn't there a french gunner who got heavy metal poisoning after drinking wine from an artillery piece?

yeah, I’m pretty sure it was how acute tungsten poisoning was discovered

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Professor Latency posted:

I can't wait to be old and use that excuse

you can use it no matter how old you are if your boss is old and tech illiterate!

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

in another thread someone claimed that the motivation for the door screens was so prices could be jacked up when a disaster cuts off drinking water updated in real time, and definitely not to blast ads off of any imaginable surface.

in any case I hope someone makes a diet app to publicly shame me on the refrigerator screen when I try to buy ice cream soon

e: they’re definitely still going to show ads though, no doubt

pygmy tyrant has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Oct 28, 2021

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

That may have been me. And it's not only a matter of updating prices in real-time; if you can do that, and you're using something like Amazon's no-checkout model, where it just charges you as you wheel your cart out the door, they could charge different individuals different prices based on the personal data they have gathered about you.

been thinking about this for like half an hour now and all I can think to say is lol.

The future is unbelievably stupid

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

the next step is trying to track you throughout the store via bluetooth or whatever and pitching you stuff on your coupon app in real time, or tracking your web usage through the store's free wifi to see that you're looking up the price for this thing on amazon and then immediately offering to match that price so they don't lose that sale.

Yeah, I was thinking the inevitable issues with how people actually behave (me standing indecisively in front of the freezer while someone else reaches in from the side without really seeing the price screen) will drive this to gaze-tracking levels of surveillance to deconflict prices/maximizing engagement/ whatever. Which I believe would answer how

Thanatosian posted:

they'll make it racist, too.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

I don’t know what you’re all complaining about, Carl Sagan made Meatverse sound pretty neat

https://youtu.be/ZP7K9SycELA

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

me personally, I would think we would want to look into why people want to check out early from this wonderful world we've built!

No need, we already figured out it's because of all the covid lockdowns and masks!

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

is the razor company not supposed to advertise with images of razors :confused: this is the most oldschool advertising in decades, should do a razor-shaped blimp next, something the live audience could actually see

I think the issue is that the razor company clearly doesn't have the design experience to be getting kaiju defense mecha contracts

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://spectrum.ieee.org/neurotech-workplace-innereye-emotiv

The entire premise is bs but an insane thing to write about.

Health insurance denied my MRI so I'm having my neurologist write a letter to my HR department to request their scan of my brain

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

"Reveal hidden truths" is how you cyber astral project to the akashic library, but you have to change your keyboard to runes

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Renaissance Robot posted:

https://twitter.com/ericjang11/status/1598930878230847492?s=20&t=u52X2AV21ffNkdBnQ-ayzQ

how to make DMT:
step 1: gather precursors and reagents
step 2: get an adult who knows what they're doing to make DMT
step 3: profit!

I think you'll find step 2 is to make hot salt water in a dumb way

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Idiocracy has a terrible premise and I can't remember anything else about it. It's classist propaganda depicting a poor person having multiple kids with different partners as detrimental to ~the human race~ even though as we understand it, the intelligence so prized by Mr. Judge is based on the ability to maintain higher numbers of social relationships. This is only demonstrated by the "stupid" person while the "smart" couple fails to achieve the relationship success to achieve even open relationship level of polyamory. Furthermore,

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Al! posted:

automated karen

calling this as the future replacement for mechanical turk

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

for the electrically inept you can just buy them on alibaba from the same place you can buy loitering munitions surveying mapping inspection drones

https://x.com/MerruX/status/1747296854524539352?s=20

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

They should replace cryogenic hibernation pods in sci fi with these things, get silicon valley to figure out how to cram more torment in this nexus (make it play ads while recording you)

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

I asked a friend that grew up in an evangelical church handing out that kind of trash about chick tracts, he said he never handed them out because they're too expensive. Definitely gave the impression Jack chick is more about the money than a coherent ideology.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

it is extremely cyber, just not very punk

e if you can apply on line anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

The reddit post I saw it said it had "45 minutes" which sounds like the biggest lie I ever heard

45 minutes of burn time*

*includes 44 minutes for secondary lithium fire