Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
wtf is a "more perfect union" when you're state is formed from the disunion of another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
my county is in old california. i dont want to be in the silicon valley dystopia but then again i dont want to be in the poverty and farms dystopia either. its almost like this idea sucks

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

lets annex nevada

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the great deceiver posted:

lets annex nevada

why would we annex mordor

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

because we can

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I also like the issue of, "Hey lets make the state we're separating from an enclave of our state! That'll go over well!"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Being an enclave with a coastline and a big fat natural harbor isn't that bad all things considered.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
How much you want to bet they'll immediately start loving with the water supply of la once they split though

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Being an enclave with a coastline and a big fat natural harbor isn't that bad all things considered.

True, but road trips to visit your relatives in the bay area are going to suck if you have to drive through the blighted hellscape of New California.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

rudatron posted:

How much you want to bet they'll immediately start loving with the water supply of la once they split though

I would.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jabberlock posted:

True, but road trips to visit your relatives in the bay area are going to suck if you have to drive through the blighted hellscape of New California.

You have to do that already though.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

an oasis of almonds

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh, this isn’t for discussion of the failed Louis Marinelli putsch. Nevermind.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

rudatron posted:

Kind of want to vote for them now, tbh.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
this is the end result of people moving away from bad places thinking california is better

it ain't, and they already moved, so they can only change the nation they belong to now but moving to canada is too hard

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You have to do that already though.

And it's only gonna get worse.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

oh so this is what they needed to hire that graphic designer for

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you think these guys'd appreciate it if you pointed out that a red flag with a gold star on it is extremely commie

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

uh excuse me the flag is a field gules with a fesse azure and a star de or

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
The guy who started this movement hosts a streaming political talk show about agenda 21

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Prav posted:

you think these guys'd appreciate it if you pointed out that a red flag with a gold star on it is extremely commie

One of the great things about this country is Republicans not realizing what red on a flag symbolizes:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Taintrunner posted:

Rural California is absolutely a hellscape with some of the worst human beings alive

So is urban California

The rural part is pretty tho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should go ahead and do this because the bay area is where all the insane conservatives live when they move here from utah or whatever to work for google and consume an entire country's worth of soy a year

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Peanut President posted:

One of the great things about this country is Republicans not realizing what red on a flag symbolizes:

Holy gently caress the fetus/pig combo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dreddout posted:

Holy gently caress the fetus/pig combo

It's really hosed up symbology, because by associating the fetus with the pitchfork and assault rifles, they're reducing it to a tool.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Peanut President posted:

:bernpop:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Peanut President posted:

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gods, Guns, Grits, Gestation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEKYQ4GOqmk

• Locked thread