Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Magic Hate Ball posted:

This movie! Is great! It’s like watching the late hours of summer breathe.

This is what I loved most about it, the way it's set during that languid period between noon and dusk where the day and its possibilities feel totally endless. The attention to little details, the pleasure it took in the simplest things, hit me right in the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something interesting I read was that originally they were thinking about using the book's narration and that Sufjan
Stevens would play the adult Ellio.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

muscles like this! posted:

Something interesting I read was that originally they were thinking about using the book's narration and that Sufjan
Stevens would play the adult Ellio.

Close, not quite. They wanted Sufjan to narrate as an older Elio. They also wanted him to be a street musician in a scene. Sufjan declined both.

radialright
May 19, 2004
PINKU BENTO BOXU ^_^;;

Nihonniboku posted:

Close, not quite. They wanted Sufjan to narrate as an older Elio. They also wanted him to be a street musician in a scene. Sufjan declined both.

And thank god, that sounds cringeworthy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Sufjan's performance tonight was beautiful.

I'm devastated that he didn't win Best Song.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Nihonniboku posted:

Sufjan's performance tonight was beautiful.

I'm devastated that he didn't win Best Song.

It's because they nominated the wrong one.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Cacator posted:

You're right, but also, there is no such thing as a wrong Sufjan song.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Praise be to Sufjan forever blurring the line between Christian and just really, really gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Cacator posted:

Accurate, although I would've thought Mystery of Love would be the easier sell to Oscar voters.

Saw this last week and Stuhlbarg's monologue near the end has lingered with me like few others things did from 2017 films. I love how well the movie captured the sense of living in a certain place at a certain time.

• Locked thread