Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
I’ve spent the past few days going through a bunch of different “Getting things done” software types and I’m at the point where I either want too many features or I am just missing something that even comes close. What I’m trying to find is something that allows:

- apps for iOS and android
- offline work (as I travel a lot and want to be able to input ideas or completion information on the go)
- the ability to imbed images/notes/files in the tasks
- A non-subscription, flat out price model

I’m getting this solely for myself and to track some large electronics projects that I have ongoing at home. It’s for me and no one else, and I like to be able to lay out tasks in pieces so I can track my progress and keep myself motivated, without getting too distracted. The different parts makes this sub task portion essential. So far, the closest I have found is “Hitask”, which has a fantastic web interface and the apps work offline, but they seem godawful compared to the site that you have to connect to (for instance, on the android app I have a few dated projects that relate to auctions for parts, but I cannot see them at all in any way unless I am on the web version). I’ve looked at and tried quite a few others, but many of them have a subscription model as they are focused around large teams or corporations (which I totally don’t blame them for, that’s where the money is).

One note seems pretty good, but I do not want my work email associated with it, and I don’t really want to worry about yet another email through Microsoft.
Nirvana, Todoist, Zendone, and Nozbe are all really nice but have limitations that knock out a lot of their features unless you get a subscription. Toodledo doesn’t have subtasks without a subscription. There’s quite a few others in my list that I have looked through, and I realize I am probably looking seriously pie-in-the-sky at this, but I figured maybe someone here knew something I didn’t.

A late contender is OmniFocus, which I really like the possibilities, but I’m agonizing over the fact it is iOS/Mac only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread