Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Binary Logic posted:

Yes she's quite an actress.
Yeah, that's my take. Her Trump grift ended when she got fired so now she's playing the regretful well-intentioned patriot, it's the best PR move she has left. She's good TV though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I hope they save him because he seems invested in playing the game. Shannon could use another comp threat and target in the house with her too.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't think Metta quit because he's got millions of dollars and didn't want to lower himself to staying in the Big Brother house. He quit because he is bona fide weird, he was literally climbing over the fences and running through the CBS lots. That's probably in part why they cast him, his other shenanigans that don't involve incessantly trying to quit got a lot of positive airtime on the show.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rudy was bad casting because she was breastfeeding a one-year-old, has been on the reality circuit before, isn't that exiciting, and clearly was only there for the paycheck. She did start to play some before she quit, which was because apparently she wasn't producing as much milk since being in the house. Solid reason to leave if true, it's so the kid can keep eating, but the fact that she had to keep pumping in the house for a baby not yet weaned off breast milk is something that should have been known to casting and should've led them to pick someone else. Dumb.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It definitely would have come up, since they had to plan for her to use a breast pump and stuff in the house.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't like "bitter juries" but I also do think there ought to occasionally be consequences for sizable betrayals and that players who were emotionally hurt shouldn't be compelled to throw that out the window and vote robotically.

Marissa was not much of a player and Ross should have won, but that's probably why they tossed Ross the fan favorite, so in a future CBB season everyone wouldn't be too afraid to play.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He was telling her when she got out of the house, she'd see he really wanted her to stay, and then she got out of the house and saw it was a lie. But I don't know that he burned anyone else like that. But the jury was celebrities who for the most part didn't really care about voting based on "game" I think.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 2, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's typical James ego and misunderstanding. Ross was quoting himself, from when he said to be the champ, you have to beat the champ, and he said that because he faced and beat NBA champion Metta World Peace head-to-head in bowlarina. James of course interprets it as Ross taking credit for beating him when he threw in the finals of that comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I'll definitely defer to you on that, but ultimately if James was known to have an ego that should have been something Ross should have considered. But I honestly only know the post show conversation they had on Julie Chen's talk show.
Ross did word it a bit poorly but also he worked with James quite a bit, and wasn't really responsible for burning him, and Marissa sucked when she interacted with James, so James flipping his vote was pretty dumb. It's either because of James's ego or because he was primed to switch due to the jury vibe. It's my pet theory that that's why Metta hid his vote and said he was picking randomly, too. He was extremely pro Ross in the media when he got out of the house, but I think at the finale he didn't feel as comfortable voting for him anymore because of the atmosphere and people apparently openly telling people what to do right there on the jury bench, so he did it backhanded.

• Locked thread