Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've been considering doing a "Wiki-Hell" about how not to date but I wasn't sure I could draw Aziz Ansari, overjoyed with this 5 minute first attempt :wink:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

If it helps I could see that and I'm positive I've never logged in or joined flickr.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Checking that I'm using Imgur correctly...(great,
only took 4 attempts)

spinderella fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 22, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

sigma 6 posted:

This is supposed to be Aziz Ansari right? If you weren't going for the likeness ... well ... you sorta got it anyways. Also kind of funny. Was she really that much taller than him? The expression says it all.

Yes it's supposed to be Aziz and it's supposed to be funny. I'm doing a big effort thread and man I don't have to be good but its still taking me forever to draw these. Practice under time pressure, aargh. And she's that much taller now lol.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Spinster posted:

Checking that I'm using Imgur correctly

(Plz ignore what's wrong with this, I just had to see how it would post.)

spinderella fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 25, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
My threads up, this ended up being the best drawing so far

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

i made this as an av for a chvrches-obsessed friend but i wanted to post it here because it turned out really well, especially the animation (it was a still image and I added the wink)

this is not my usual style, so any critiques????

Shoot i know youre looking for critiques and not fawning praise but it looks really good to me. I guess the cheek twitch which is the best touch could be a little more subtle so it looks like just a wink and no hint of a facial tic.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

i did this cool wrench lady instead of watching the sotu

This is very cool, Willa the Wrench Woman. (wench?)
Also I saw your winking lady avatar in place and it looked great.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I had never drawn hands before and I needed to for a thread. I was looking at other drawings online before I remembered I have two :doh: but while doing that I kept coming across references to how hard they are to draw.

I disagree in a way, it's not hands, it's thumbs.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

smallmouth posted:

There's been some great stuff posted lately.

This is so wonderful- especially the eye, the light illuminating the iris, the protuberant lips are a success [remember what Sargent said, "A portrait is something wrong with the mouth") and the earring is perfection. I'm splurging too often over these pieces but it seems weird not to say anything---Ill try to slow down.

I'm going to remember this pic, many others, and all of Sharpest Crayon's eyes for reference.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've got an idea for another joke thread, I don't have the hours and hours to properly practice drawing (MAN I know I need to)---- what kills me is perspective. I didn't for this one but what I'm going to have to do is find a photo I can use to get that, god.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Did someone say DOGS? no? Think about DOGS real loud? YEAH!

This is my doggo and she's a very good girl.

You are a MASTER at eyes.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Shinmera posted:

Somehow I can get myself back into the daily drawing groove, god damnit.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/963907154452369413

I spent way too long trying to get this sea to not look like poo poo. Had to give up in the end.

Next time a suggestion from a total ignoramus (me) is having the umbrella be almost taking water, just barely not.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I HATE hair. Did this today, one eye great the other I just can't fix. She has messy makeup, not beat up. I'm going to try adding color so that's clear.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to start to color them. Goofus and Gallant were in pencil but color will hide a lot of sins. Forgot to add eyelights oops. Will do it later of course.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

that looks great

Thank you SO much I'm pretty tickled. Took 2 hrs though.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

smallmouth posted:

Struggling to paint lately.

That eye seems a touch too forward but the mouth looks PERFECT.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Today's

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the tips! Goody and Gina are my working names. I love Goody but I can't figure out a slutty bad "G" lady name better than Gina which is a visual pun that will do if you (or someone!) doesn't come up with a better one.

Maybe spelled Goodie, not sure.

Your two guesses are giving me pause, they are excellent.

Your pic is original as hell and that's hard to do nowadays.

spinderella fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 18, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

giselle?

This is a very cool picture. That light, wow. The most visually striking yet. You could do a dark dance floor with like one monster in with the people

Giselle is lovely not silly enough. Thanks though :downs:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pentaro posted:

Unlikely animal friends!!

We've got a busy crab thread in GBS you should put this in..(Seriously it's hovered around the first page for a month.)

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Before I got to the text while scrolling I recognized Willem!

So a GBS goon has paranasal cancer and instead of doing my own Gina and Goody (lady version of Goofus and Gallant) thread I'm putting all the panels in his thread to try to get it views which might lead to donations.

His username is Carrion Luggage and here is how I introduced Gina...

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Now when I look at Gina I cringe at the bowlingballness of her breasts, oh well I guess goons will assume they are implants. Here's breasts from today, I'm still improving fast enough to be tickled (probably because I've never drawn much in my life.)

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Ya the eyes are great, it looks like him even if you cover up below the eyes it still looks recognizable as Willem. And you captured his unusual mouth, that REALLY says Willem.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Remedial landscape practice with references. Complicated stuff is a big problem, since far off details like cityscapes seem like they should be simplified but I haven't figured out how to do it in a way that feels right, and I can't replicate stuff like mountains and rocks well from imagination.

Bottom right was just a thing from imagination for fun.

Top right sky is so drat good.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Getting better with perspective, looked at a photo in a magazine for the table and added the counter.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Faked the motorcycle argh but happy with fridge.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Shinmera posted:

At this point I wonder if I'll ever get the hang of drawing feet.

Its hair I can't get. Aaaarrrgh.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
GBS is so funny. I got more compliments on the TOILET than anything else in the thread lol.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I love this. I always like when you have moving lights. A swiveling [?] police red light siren dillybob on top of a police car chasing a car thru dark streets might be fun.

Lol. Don't mind me.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Still plowing pictures into that cancer thread. Changed up subject and style. I am feeling much more confident with my drawing, that's been nice.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

I think you're right, so I made so quick adjustments to built up from:

I'll probably tone down the highlights too.

Much better. My opinion do not tone down highlights.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

smallmouth posted:

My wife got me an Atlas of Beauty for our anniversary. Tons of great reference photos.

... for me to paint poorly.

That edit was stooooopid. :downs:
It's good. Esp. How you captured the face shape, the forehead, and mouth. And the eyes looking right at the viewer.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

sigma 6 posted:

Better reference means repainting the neck, arm and shoulder. Sorry to spam the thread. It's almost there.

Is this a wall mural at a real bar? It's VERY cool.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

dupersaurus posted:

Still on this train. Figured I needed to do a (and probably more) tough lady for a change

Is this sort of aesthetic appealing in any way? It's fun enough for shooting the poo poo in the sketchbook, but do you see it applying in anyway in a more formal setting/execution?

Yes I do. You'd have to have perfectly clean lines and solid colors. The aesthetic of geometrical shapes and just one primary color with the geometrical black and white is striking. The long necks and simplicity of the ladies-all good. I am uneducated but still think I've got the eye to judge.

E: what I mean is the felt pen look has got to go but I know you know that.

spinderella fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 13, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

dupersaurus posted:

Can't stop won't stop. One page to go in this sketchbook

Subliminal influences

The Queen of Clubs.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Palettes are the artists of the Saodiac. Worshipped by mods and beloved by Lurkers, they are a :suicide: sign because that is what they dream of when a well timed but five second riposte by a Jester is emptyquoted for half a page while an hours long effortcreation goes unnoticed. Palettes are a mystery to most GBSigns, oblivious to forum drama and seldom revealing their opinions on any subject. Their obsession with their craft may replace sexual desire, which is unfortunate because they are also creative in bed. Notable Palettes are Applewhite, GRINDCORE MEDDICO, Palpek, Stanky Bean, Das Boo, a hole-y ghost, and Sharpest Crayon. Goons with a Palette rising include Bored, PapaEmeritus III, Obsidian Heart, PathAsc, and Gatekeeper.

Doing SAstrology GBSigns in the paranasal sinus cancer thread now, thought I'd stick this one (only) here too.

spinderella fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 21, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks Sharpest Crayon! I'm not going to post them all here, too much but here's a link to the thread------SAstrolgy starts on page 28.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845462

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Parts of a few recent drawings