Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

NESCard is getting a sub-train and it's awesome. He's had quite a boost since his Dragon Warrior run at AGDQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Did sm64 runners ever go back to doing raw cannonless? It's a few seconds slower to do the setup instead of winging it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Renegret posted:

Do streamers actually get money from a Prime sub since it's free for the user?

I don't give a flying gently caress about subbing to any channels, but since I have my free Prime sub laying around I usually toss it PJ's way because he's a cool dude. But since I don't pay for it, does it actually do anything for him?

They still get the money

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dragster stuff

https://youtu.be/8e-H4sEHB54

So this hit the front page of Reddit and got 4k comments. As if twin galaxies needed even more negative attention.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/7snh6k/biggest_cheater_in_video_gaming_history_fully/

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TG keeps track of high scores mostly. In the last few years they added speedruns.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Renegret posted:

why the gently caress are you not allowed to grind for points in a high score run god dammit

Leeching is about as nebulously defined as glitchless. They're trying to prevent people from infinitely farming points without any risk.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kinda sounds like you're trying to make things more difficult for yourself for the purpose of fun.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

the dumber ones to me aren't the hugely inflated scores but the ones that are impossible because of how the game increments points. you'd think he'd know at least that much about each game.

At one point his defenders were suggesting that the scores that ended in impossible digits were typos. Partly out of reverence for Todd, partly because the refs are known to be so incompetent that it's not the most unlikely scenario. His wabbit score of 1698 was originally disputed because the last digit was impossible. One of the former refs suggested rounding it down to the nearest possible digit. Then they found the killscreen at 1300.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The absolute madmen

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The damning evidence provided by RTM is probably the weakest. I don't understand how TG works.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Also, there's some poo poo going on here:

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

I was just thinking last night that there's no way TG drags out the verdict for another month with the amount of negative visibility this has brought to their site, along with people scrutinizing everything Todd had ever touched. The RTM post was probably just where they decided to lay down the goalposts and wrap it all up quick.

After the most recent video, they had announced they were going to have a decision by March 1st. Something else must have happened and they're not disclosing it. All of what RTM said in that writeup he had said earlier in the thread and the other Todd dispute threads.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Violently Car posted:

This is for all you "PJ's stories are exaggerated" skeptics: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223767779

I don't know what's more impressive, appearing to softlock the game in a cutscene, or breaking out of the softlock

The Washington Post picked up the Dragster story, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.a7195412fcef

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Todd's response (in pastebin form)

https://pastebin.com/ScMmaYYV

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Reposting this gem from the DK forums

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the one cheat/splice NES Punch-Out thing? I remember it being something to do with the background audience sprite and how it animates and that you could tell a run was faked because the background would animate differently or something to that effect.

Mike Girard. In defending himself, he goes between claiming the run is legit, to being hacked, to being a test on the fine folks at Twingalaxies for spotting fake submissions.

Here's the actual gif you're referring to:

Only 1-2 members of the crowd are supposed to shift at the same time, instead of all of them

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 3, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TG has not gone to bat for billy, in fact they even collected some supporting evidence against him. Maybe they learned their lesson.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It's not like competition is that tight.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I don't think twitch has any way for a user to make a playlist like that. I could be wrong.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

Probably easier to use the RPG category on GDQ VODs for that.

So I got my five submissions in for ESA, submissions for that closed yesterday.

Also, I would like to present to you the dumbest submission (so far) for SGDQ 2018:

You have to see this in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0PxA2YAgI

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Seriously, I remember reading something about how unfair the kok portrayals were years back. Guess not.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

Why the hate for apollo legend? I've been a fan of his videos for a few months now.

He's one of those anti-GDQ poo poo-stirrers.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Roluth posted:

I'm looking through the submission list, and there's something called a "Bingo" race for Zelda: Ocarina of Time. What exactly is that?

The spiritual predecessor to lttp rando. Involves heavy knowledge of glitches, tricks, and routes for oot.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Not exactly speedruns, but I have enjoyed Twin Galaxies drama greatly ever since the Todd Rogers debacle, and if you've ever watched King of Kong, you know that Billy Mitchell is some kind of cartoon villain.

A little context: there is irrefutable evidence that Billy cheated and fabricated his 1M+ scores using MAME (MAME and Arcade render differently), there is currently a dispute in progress to remove Billy's Donkey Kong score. Jace Hall (TG owner) has duplicated his efforts from the Todd Rogers dispute by doing absolutely pointless poo poo like buying a $6,000 VCR so he could watch a VHS tape with sub-frame advancements and taking weeks to build a setup that is exactly the same as Billy's supposed setup, which hilariously turned out to feature no color, to discover that it is indeed MAME play. Despite all that, he has been waiting for the past week for results of testing from Billy's "tech guy" and "affidavits" from Billy's legal guy (who turns out to be a paralegal). Earlier today, Billy's "tech guy" announced that two of the tapes in question were not produced on Arcade, followed by Billy's legal guy, Joel West, posting pages of hilarious bullshit instead of anything of substance. The entire thing is in bold because that's how he posted.

quote:

It has been 67 days since “Team Billy” has known of the Jeremy Young Dispute. Throughout this time many strange things have occurred. People who were once friends have become frothing accusers. Threats of all kinds, including threats of death, have been issued to Billy and his family. His life, income and peace has been disrupted, and still the mob of haters … whom suddenly ALL have become arcade AND MAME experts, continue their dispensing of personally-targeted hate. All of this inane activity, that even Junior High schoolers would be embarrassed by, is over a #12 video game score that has not been a record of any kind in over 5 years.

Not being a video game technical expert, or ever caring to be … I tried to use my training to help my friend of 35 years in an area that I could be of assistance. My training is in paralegal science. No, that is not an attorney, but anyone in the legal profession knows the paralegal is the worker ant while the attorney is just the ant queenJ. The paralegal is the steak, the attorney is the sizzle.
I am fortunate to know four good attorneys in diverse areas of practice including one who has successfully argued and won before the United States Supreme Court. I am diligent enough over the last 6 weeks to have spent over 130 hours in research citing case law and cases that can be relevant to this situation.

While I had originally written, with my cites and instances, 14 pages of information showing the misuse of the Dispute System within the membership system of Twin Galaxies PLUS the fact that there were over 30 instances of improper and discriminatory application … I decided the average reader would not read the 14 pages, nor care to understand its legal applications of which I could have easily added 4-5 more. PLUS, there is no need to give the opposition info that they should know and should have researched themselves. I do not work for them and there is no future in aiding the competition. So I decided to shorten the post. Besides, why show them what they will possibly be up against in court?

I will say this: there is no doubt that Twin Galaxies has definitely contributed to the defamation of Billy Mitchell.
* Twin Galaxies contributed to the defamation by their self-designed and very PUBLIC Dispute System (even Guinness World Records has a much more private system they have used while investigation of impropriety is on-going).
* Twin Galaxies (TG) owner Jace Hall has basically taken over Jeremy Young’s original dispute with his comments. Jace is not only the Judge deciding if the disputed score stays or goes but Jace is also the arbiter that decides if the evidence is inconclusive in PROVING the dispute (against someone who is ALREADY listed on the scoreboard). In the Young Dispute Jace Hall now has become the prosecutor in this essentially powerless jury system. Yes, members do get to vote, but TG officials (i.e. Jace Hall and possibly one other) make the FINAL judgement.
* The original dispute by Jeremy Young contended that Billy’s 1,062,800 was MAME. When TG was asked to simply reproduce the tape, THEY COULD NOT. TG ownership contended that they just “took over” 4 years ago and that they just weren’t responsible, they “didn’t even know” if Billy had ever actually given TG the tape (Yet that creates another allegation against Billy’s character and we have several witnesses to counterman that spurious accusation).
HOWEVER, I contend that TG has an on-going fiduciary responsibility to have “evidence in any dispute” BEFORE bringing a man’s legacy, reputation and good-standing character into question. Instead, Jace Hall has imposed his ultimate authority as head of a private company that provides a public service to members and non-members alike in allowing a process that is based upon a LACK OF EVIDENCE that TG should possess, but now wants to cry they may not have ever had it.
* Even though TG has had its new ownership for 4 years, it has WILLFULLY NEGLECTED its fiduciary duties to gather and archive the records it is responsible for on a timely and complete basis. There are several depositories of past TG tapes all over America. How do I know, I have one right in my house!
* TG also fails in its fiduciary responsibility to those whose scores it oversees (namely Bill Mitchell) and TG also fails in simple good common sense … to accept copies of tapes from a well-documented frothing hater of Billy Mitchell, Dwayne Richard. Richard has made a movie about Billy Mitchell, made phone and email threats to Billy, Billy’s family, and to Billy’s wife’s work. Dwayne Richard has been used by Jace Hall in the past when Jace was contemplating joining in with Jordan Adler of Denver in a competing “Kong-Off style event” several years ago. From the words of Dwayne’s own mouth “Jace gave me $500 to get out to Pittsburgh to check this out for him”. Collusion?
* This is the same Dwayne Richard who “made a movie” about Billy, whom Jace admitted supplied TG (Jace) with the tapes of Billy and Steve Weibe’s game play.
* The same Dwayne Richard who is seen in a YouTube clip with EDITING equipment upon his desk.
* This is the same Dwayne Richard who reportedly said to several different people, whom WILL TESTIFY in court, that Dwayne ask their help in pulling a “fast one” on Billy Mitchell with a “MAME fake” as early as 2009.

While the technical aspects are not my speciality:
1. I can look in someone eyes whom I known for 35 years and discern the truth or a lie.
2. I can remember seeing Billy do 1,000,000+ twice in all our thousands of miles of travels and 50+ appearances together (the scores were low into the millions and not world records).
3. I know that while Jace has all appearances of an honorable man, and has never done me personally wrong … like all dedicated and great gamers, he has an ego. That ego does not like to admit it is wrong.
4. Jace should have NEVER listened to someone with such a history as Dwayne Richard. That kind of obsessive and destructive behavior in “reputable consultants” is NOT the legacy that for which Walter Day intended for his legacy to be associated. I believe Jace has been DECEIVED by Dwayne Richard, as ALL the mob of haters has been so led.
IF YOU START WITH A FALSE TAPE, ALL “PROOFS” ARE WITHIN THE REALM OF THAT FALSE TAPE.
Richard has had 7 years+ to fabricate his AVOWED revenge against Billy for Richard’s inane feeling that HE should have been in the King of Kong movie. Jace (TG) has fallen right into a clever disguised ruse.
5. As far as the technical aspects, as more and more items were disproved by Carlos and David Race of Team Billy, then intelligently explained away … the TG Mob (which IS what they became) kept making more and more absurd accusations, they kept moving the “goal posts” (the essence of the dispute) and their frothing hate escalated. Meanwhile, Jace Hall watched … as his site hits kept climbing (controversy IS cash!!!). Jace allowed the focus to move to scores NOT EVEN ON THE TG SITE for 8+ years (1.050 and 1.047). These scores were allegedly put on YouTube by, can you guess … Dwayne Richard!
6. Jace has allowed the TG Mob to froth hate, defame Billy (as well as others of Team Billy) and do little to nothing to stop it. One can tell by Jace’s post as of late that he has been legally advised as how to write and appear vague, pseudo-fair and to appear not responsible for the hateful, defaming actions of others. That will have to be decided in court.
7. I propose to Jace Hall (TG) to SUSPEND this dispute now and do the following:

A. STOP allowing the persecution of the MOST Famous Classic Gamer in History (one of the TWO individuals who made your company, TG, SO valuable) … issue an apology to Billy AND his family PLUS direct your thread members to do likewise,

B. Get Dwayne Richard and Billy Mitchell in one location and get a certified independent polygraph operator to ask questions of BOTH while on camera and judge their answers. If you so desire, you could request Rob (board swap) Childs, Wes Copeland or anyone else you see as pertinent to this situation to have an invitation to be polygraphed.
You have been quoted as saying that polygraphs are just “gauges of who is the most nervous”. That is an absurd statement. The FBI isn’t in the habit of gauging one’s uneasiness. While the courts are skittish in allowing these machines, which would put some lawyers out of business, they are trustworthy enough for TG’s purposes. If trustworthiness of TG’s actions are in question … “moving the goalpost from 1.062 to 1.050 and 1.047. TG would not be talking about a “finger” then discounting it. TG would not be allowing the froth over the “board swap” to go on for weeks then discounting that video altogether when interest waned and internet hits slowed,

C. Prepare to negotiate a financial settlement if Billy is shown telling the truth OR if Dwayne is shown to have perpetrated this hoax.

There there is lack of integrity and there is breach of responsibility on TG’s part in this entire affair. TG DOES want the “Dwayne made-it-up” allegations answered, do they not? They do want to know if the MOST Famous player in classic gaming history is telling the truth, right? Or does, TG want to continue their flawed Dispute System where the accused are never notified by TG and well-crafted “made-up” allegations can destroy a man’s legacy, reputation, family and mental health?
Don’t just be a “businessman” Jace, be a MAN, and treat others like you would want to be treated. Keep this out of the court system, because that IS where this is headed. This is no longer about a score, but about the harm your public Dispute System and TG’s members have caused a man who has GIVEN himself to all your betterment and even tho you once said you “respected” the old scores … you have designed the system and fueled the froth to injure this man’s legacy, reputation and harm him and his family. You still have NO proof, just froth-spun innuendo. The “millions of dollars in new investment” TG now has will not be able to be used to make your company grow, if you continue to tear down an innocent man.
Joel WestIt has been 67 days since “Team Billy” has known of the Jeremy Young Dispute. Throughout this time many strange things have occurred. People who were once friends have become frothing accusers. Threats of all kinds, including threats of death, have been issued to Billy and his family. His life, income and peace has been disrupted, and still the mob of haters … whom suddenly ALL have become arcade AND MAME experts, continue their dispensing of personally-targeted hate. All of this inane activity, that even Junior High schoolers would be embarrassed by, is over a #12 video game score that has not been a record of any kind in over 5 years.

Not being a video game technical expert, or ever caring to be … I tried to use my training to help my friend of 35 years in an area that I could be of assistance. My training is in paralegal science. No, that is not an attorney, but anyone in the legal profession knows the paralegal is the worker ant while the attorney is just the ant queenJ. The paralegal is the steak, the attorney is the sizzle.
I am fortunate to know four good attorneys in diverse areas of practice including one who has successfully argued and won before the United States Supreme Court. I am diligent enough over the last 6 weeks to have spent over 130 hours in research citing case law and cases that can be relevant to this situation.

While I had originally written, with my cites and instances, 14 pages of information showing the misuse of the Dispute System within the membership system of Twin Galaxies PLUS the fact that there were over 30 instances of improper and discriminatory application … I decided the average reader would not read the 14 pages, nor care to understand its legal applications of which I could have easily added 4-5 more. PLUS, there is no need to give the opposition info that they should know and should have researched themselves. I do not work for them and there is no future in aiding the competition. So I decided to shorten the post. Besides, why show them what they will possibly be up against in court?

I will say this: there is no doubt that Twin Galaxies has definitely contributed to the defamation of Billy Mitchell.
* Twin Galaxies contributed to the defamation by their self-designed and very PUBLIC Dispute System (even Guinness World Records has a much more private system they have used while investigation of impropriety is on-going).
* Twin Galaxies (TG) owner Jace Hall has basically taken over Jeremy Young’s original dispute with his comments. Jace is not only the Judge deciding if the disputed score stays or goes but Jace is also the arbiter that decides if the evidence is inconclusive in PROVING the dispute (against someone who is ALREADY listed on the scoreboard). In the Young Dispute Jace Hall now has become the prosecutor in this essentially powerless jury system. Yes, members do get to vote, but TG officials (i.e. Jace Hall and possibly one other) make the FINAL judgement.
* The original dispute by Jeremy Young contended that Billy’s 1,062,800 was MAME. When TG was asked to simply reproduce the tape, THEY COULD NOT. TG ownership contended that they just “took over” 4 years ago and that they just weren’t responsible, they “didn’t even know” if Billy had ever actually given TG the tape (Yet that creates another allegation against Billy’s character and we have several witnesses to counterman that spurious accusation).
HOWEVER, I contend that TG has an on-going fiduciary responsibility to have “evidence in any dispute” BEFORE bringing a man’s legacy, reputation and good-standing character into question. Instead, Jace Hall has imposed his ultimate authority as head of a private company that provides a public service to members and non-members alike in allowing a process that is based upon a LACK OF EVIDENCE that TG should possess, but now wants to cry they may not have ever had it.
* Even though TG has had its new ownership for 4 years, it has WILLFULLY NEGLECTED its fiduciary duties to gather and archive the records it is responsible for on a timely and complete basis. There are several depositories of past TG tapes all over America. How do I know, I have one right in my house!
* TG also fails in its fiduciary responsibility to those whose scores it oversees (namely Bill Mitchell) and TG also fails in simple good common sense … to accept copies of tapes from a well-documented frothing hater of Billy Mitchell, Dwayne Richard. Richard has made a movie about Billy Mitchell, made phone and email threats to Billy, Billy’s family, and to Billy’s wife’s work. Dwayne Richard has been used by Jace Hall in the past when Jace was contemplating joining in with Jordan Adler of Denver in a competing “Kong-Off style event” several years ago. From the words of Dwayne’s own mouth “Jace gave me $500 to get out to Pittsburgh to check this out for him”. Collusion?
* This is the same Dwayne Richard who “made a movie” about Billy, whom Jace admitted supplied TG (Jace) with the tapes of Billy and Steve Weibe’s game play.
* The same Dwayne Richard who is seen in a YouTube clip with EDITING equipment upon his desk.
* This is the same Dwayne Richard who reportedly said to several different people, whom WILL TESTIFY in court, that Dwayne ask their help in pulling a “fast one” on Billy Mitchell with a “MAME fake” as early as 2009.

While the technical aspects are not my speciality:
1. I can look in someone eyes whom I known for 35 years and discern the truth or a lie.
2. I can remember seeing Billy do 1,000,000+ twice in all our thousands of miles of travels and 50+ appearances together (the scores were low into the millions and not world records).
3. I know that while Jace has all appearances of an honorable man, and has never done me personally wrong … like all dedicated and great gamers, he has an ego. That ego does not like to admit it is wrong.
4. Jace should have NEVER listened to someone with such a history as Dwayne Richard. That kind of obsessive and destructive behavior in “reputable consultants” is NOT the legacy that for which Walter Day intended for his legacy to be associated. I believe Jace has been DECEIVED by Dwayne Richard, as ALL the mob of haters has been so led.
IF YOU START WITH A FALSE TAPE, ALL “PROOFS” ARE WITHIN THE REALM OF THAT FALSE TAPE.
Richard has had 7 years+ to fabricate his AVOWED revenge against Billy for Richard’s inane feeling that HE should have been in the King of Kong movie. Jace (TG) has fallen right into a clever disguised ruse.
5. As far as the technical aspects, as more and more items were disproved by Carlos and David Race of Team Billy, then intelligently explained away … the TG Mob (which IS what they became) kept making more and more absurd accusations, they kept moving the “goal posts” (the essence of the dispute) and their frothing hate escalated. Meanwhile, Jace Hall watched … as his site hits kept climbing (controversy IS cash!!!). Jace allowed the focus to move to scores NOT EVEN ON THE TG SITE for 8+ years (1.050 and 1.047). These scores were allegedly put on YouTube by, can you guess … Dwayne Richard!
6. Jace has allowed the TG Mob to froth hate, defame Billy (as well as others of Team Billy) and do little to nothing to stop it. One can tell by Jace’s post as of late that he has been legally advised as how to write and appear vague, pseudo-fair and to appear not responsible for the hateful, defaming actions of others. That will have to be decided in court.
7. I propose to Jace Hall (TG) to SUSPEND this dispute now and do the following:

A. STOP allowing the persecution of the MOST Famous Classic Gamer in History (one of the TWO individuals who made your company, TG, SO valuable) … issue an apology to Billy AND his family PLUS direct your thread members to do likewise,

B. Get Dwayne Richard and Billy Mitchell in one location and get a certified independent polygraph operator to ask questions of BOTH while on camera and judge their answers. If you so desire, you could request Rob (board swap) Childs, Wes Copeland or anyone else you see as pertinent to this situation to have an invitation to be polygraphed.
You have been quoted as saying that polygraphs are just “gauges of who is the most nervous”. That is an absurd statement. The FBI isn’t in the habit of gauging one’s uneasiness. While the courts are skittish in allowing these machines, which would put some lawyers out of business, they are trustworthy enough for TG’s purposes. If trustworthiness of TG’s actions are in question … “moving the goalpost from 1.062 to 1.050 and 1.047. TG would not be talking about a “finger” then discounting it. TG would not be allowing the froth over the “board swap” to go on for weeks then discounting that video altogether when interest waned and internet hits slowed,

C. Prepare to negotiate a financial settlement if Billy is shown telling the truth OR if Dwayne is shown to have perpetrated this hoax.

There there is lack of integrity and there is breach of responsibility on TG’s part in this entire affair. TG DOES want the “Dwayne made-it-up” allegations answered, do they not? They do want to know if the MOST Famous player in classic gaming history is telling the truth, right? Or does, TG want to continue their flawed Dispute System where the accused are never notified by TG and well-crafted “made-up” allegations can destroy a man’s legacy, reputation, family and mental health?
Don’t just be a “businessman” Jace, be a MAN, and treat others like you would want to be treated. Keep this out of the court system, because that IS where this is headed. This is no longer about a score, but about the harm your public Dispute System and TG’s members have caused a man who has GIVEN himself to all your betterment and even tho you once said you “respected” the old scores … you have designed the system and fueled the froth to injure this man’s legacy, reputation and harm him and his family. You still have NO proof, just froth-spun innuendo. The “millions of dollars in new investment” TG now has will not be able to be used to make your company grow, if you continue to tear down an innocent man.
Joel West

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ArfJason posted:

You know what? Good on him. Even if it's to potentially find a way to clear his friend, it's still good that he's making things thorough.

Jace and Billy are not friends. Jace appears to be doing this out of some misguided notion that he needs to exhaustively disprove even the impossible. Reproducing the recording setup proves nothing, which Jace knows but spent thousands of dollars to do anyway. It's just like the hardware stuff he had Ben do for Dragster but it makes even less sense because he has been actively building evidence against Billy.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I remember the splicing accusation from a few months ago but I didn't know anything actually came of it. Apparently she cheated some iidx scores, her strats were suspicious, and once the accusations came around she threatened to call in fake rape reports on people and get them fired from their jobs.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Of course rear end Chest gives you the creepy mask.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Spamming memes in chat is like 90% of twitch's success.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

b_d posted:

I had to google to understand all those posts: turns out horror was the name of a twitch moderator and there was a big brouhaha when some emotes got removed and then a lot of bans happened for mod sass.

His biggest crime was being a furry and making an emote out of his fursona. Everything else was just friction.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Boogalo posted:

72 hours in, on the last day of Dragon Quest 1-9 with 10 hours, and a game and a half to go! Highspirits looking pretty sharp still.

https://www.twitch.tv/highspirits

82 hours in. He lost his focus and I think he's gonna try a 20 minute nap. Hope he recovers.

E: he returned

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 27, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RIP cygphgrerg and his incredible gimmick runs

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sometimes glitchless runs of good and fun games are actually a slog and not fun at all.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/valknot

quote:

The Valknot or "knot of the slain" is an old Norse symbol that often represented the afterlife in carvings and designs. It is often considered a symbol of the Norse god Odin. Some white supremacists, particularly racist Odinists, have appropriated the Valknot to use as a racist symbol. Often they use it as a sign that they are willing to give their life to Odin, generally in battle.

Nonracist pagans may also use this symbol, so one should carefully examine it in context rather than assume that a particular use of the symbol is racist

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/clgaming/status/1047222295578603520

speedrunners have orgs now I guess

e: apparently this has been a thing for a while and i'm just now aware of it

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

fishmech posted:

Let's just revert all speedrunning to comparing times posted on everyone's personal site like this

It irritates me that his key is in descending order except green and bright green are swapped.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I caught the end of a Monster Rancher 2 speedrun on ESA Marathon. I didn't really think anyone would speedrun it, it's one of my favorite games ever, and it was very cool to see that the strats involved raising the very same monster and build that I used the very first time I cleared the game almost 20 years ago now.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I remember getting Banjo Tooie and being disgusted by the fact that the honeycombs in your healthbar were arranged in a straight line instead of the zig-zag from the original game, it was such a turn-off that I refused to play the game.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

Shoutout to the run a year or so ago where they got the whole crowd to go aahhhhhhhh baaannnaannnaaaa for every banana

Also I feel like I'm the only one who loves Tooie Collectathons are my weakness.

oh that sounded so wrong as i read it. it's "ohhhhh banana", did you even play the game????

you honeycomb-in-a-line loving bastard

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dizz posted:

Who specifically announced their passing though? because not even Marowak's twitter has anything about their death.

I imagine nobody has his account information. This is the first mention i see

https://mobile.twitter.com/GiIvaSunner/status/1140662412560883715

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tendales posted:

That hand signal also overlaps with the circle game, a joke from Malcolm in the Middle. That really sketched me out when I saw that Johnny Cage animation from the new MK. "Wait this is a nazi game? Oh right it's that other thing oh thank gently caress"

we called that game "rear end in a top hat"