Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

You think they'd give even the most casual vetting to someone they're gonna give about 9 hours of screentime to

Ah for fucks sake I was probably gonna watch this trash game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Studio posted:

go to AGDQ and watch movies and drink instead

sadly I have no money to make it happen this year. Would be rad to hoot and holler at things in person but I gotta settle for posting :hmmyes: and :piss: at things from home

also I want to go to RPG Limit Break once I can afford it. It's almost within reasonable driving distance for me

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SeXReX posted:

This RPG centric marathon has been running since the weekend and has a few more days left!

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrun_ragnarok_2019

Speedrun Ragnarok is a week long charity marathon hosted by The RPG Valkyries in support of the mental health non-profit organization, Take This! We'll be showcasing a wide variety of runs and runners in our cozy, welcoming community and we invite you to help us raise money for a wonderful cause.

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrun_ragnarok_2019/schedule

Personally I'm excited for Richard scary's busytown. It's the most fun game ever! Says so right on the title screen and that wouldn't lie would it?

Caught pidgezero_one doing a Super Mario RPG randomizer last night and it was a fun watch. They had a pretty big delay between commentary and video which was a bummer. The delay seems way less noticeable on the runs today at least.

Going to try watching Pa_sama's runs if I'm awake for them. Saw her Big Bad Gameathon vods of Gregory Horror Show and The Ring and they were really entertaining

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

This was a quality run, the runner and commentator both were excellent on the mic.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

paste the bins

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Put my five dollars toward naming Rinoa ANTIFA.

HOOOIP!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

Still there, still very euro.

and Big Jon is there sometimes

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There was a throwaway joke in the sgdq 2017 thread about him not being able to attend, so at some point?

Plus, yes, the chud founded the loving white power couch marathon:

So yeah, dude's a chud, no, I don't have comprehensive receipts, but anyone who organizes that on purpose, yes, chud

CFB was the guy that told the crowd to kill themselves for making Waluigi sounds during a gdq super Metroid race right? good times

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

video games, are good

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

There's a CGDQ rewind event coming up really soon and it looks cool. Link to a spreadsheet schedule that may not be final or official at all (got the link in the channel of a runner in the event):

https://bit.ly/2ESjzoP

lot of old familiar names on this list, can feel the dang nostalgia just looking at it. Should be on the GDQ channel starting the 27th.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

Oh, yeah, this. Since it's so short I don't think we need a separate thread for it, but if general opinion says we do, then I leave that task up to someone else as I won't be able to since I'm away for Christmas. I'll also miss most of it, can start watching when I get back home on Saturday afternoon.

Yeah it's short and doesn't run 24/7 so another thread would be overkill. Discord should be perfect for chatting about it.

heeheex2 posted:

i made an account to read dangan rompa let's play.

I think I registered to read Slowbeef's Sprung LP.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Was CFB the person that told the crowd to kill themselves during the Metroid race? Name sounds familiar, I think they were on the couch for hotline miami

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baba is Anime is Real

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

speedshunning.xlsx

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

All the burrito categories are arbitrary

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Big Bad Gameathon rules and has a lot of highly entertaining runners. Secret of the Stars was hilarious when Pa Sama ran it in RPG Limit Break a few years ago and I'll definitely watch that as a finale. I will never forget Catboo

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ah poo poo a Gimmick run today, that's always fun to watch

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

only vaguely related to speedrun watchability topic, but why the gently caress doesn't GDQ put BigJon on my screen on a regular basis

It seems like the game selection is obviously biased toward popular games that drive donations, but they try not to bias the runner selection the same way. Is that some kind of guiding principle of theirs? Do they always take the fastest submitted run of a game they want in the marathon? Seem like they're leaving donations on the table in that case. Or maybe a charismatic runner doesn't drive donations as much as I would assume and it's 95% game and time slot

Anyway the point these half coherent thoughts is please put BigJon on my screen ffs

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I'm just going to assume my post directly led to this.

Will definitely check it out. I haven't seen a ton of the regular GDQ channel shows. This concept sounds like it has potential though, hope it's a big success for them.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TeaJay posted:

It was still fun.

Are they gonna upload these runs somewhere after the event or should I just look them up from the big Twitch VOD? I've missed a lot of good stuff.

They will upload each run as a separate twitch vod and YouTube video eventually, no idea how long that will take though. I remember after watching live last year I went and watched a bunch of past event vods and had a lot of laughs

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

weeklong charity marathon starting up today called Speedrun Ragnarok on the RPG Valkyries twitch channel. The channel is pretty RPG Limit Break adjacent and has a bit of the same vibe, but I think the event has more of a mix of genres now.

http://bit.ly/SRR2020-GamesList

https://www.twitch.tv/therpgvalkyries

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I certainly hate it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

rename all glitchless categories to glitchlite so this never happens again

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

E: on second thought, I'll take it to QCS

Solarin fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 26, 2021

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Julias posted:

^This.

Just be reasonable adults, and take due diligence before slinging accusations around about people.

What is this post? Are you talking to the single person that deliberately showed up to troll and demean people here by randomly calling a youtuber a nazi? Do you think this is a sentiment that needs to be shared at large in here?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BBG owns thanks for the reminder

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hey Big Bad Gameathon is like a week away and has a schedule out

https://horaro.org/bbg2022/schedule

lot of familiar names and unfamiliar games so it’s gonna be great

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

True Crime New York was such a fever dream when I first saw it in BBG. I believe I’m ready to witness it again

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

RPG Limit Break starts today

https://tracker.rpglimitbreak.com/runs/rpglb2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

What are some people's "Top 5" speedruns in terms of the skill needed to pull it off and how entertaining it is to actually watch.

I love Mr Gimmick speedruns because the star grinding looks cool as hell. I can only assume it’s very hard to pull off.