Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Speedruns? Yuck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.speedrun.com/bhero/full_game

I would check the forums or any discords that are hopefully linked there about Emus. Really depends on if you want to run it for fun, or get a time on the leaderboard

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Really excited for the indie everyone's been waiting for to release. That's right, Iconoclasts is out this week, more important than other Indies.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Is this the thread for bad takes from speedrun Twitter

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Unlike Bleed, this is an indie pixel platformer I can really get behind, had it on my wishlist for what seems like forever! Just like NoituLove2 Devolution! Has anyone played that at a GDQ yet, btw

Caveman at sgdq2014

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Todd Rodgers is 53

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

The point where he was"popular" is 30 or so years old, not he himself. Sorry about the unclarity

I just want people to wince when they read that because uh, his life seems like it's been incredibly unpleasant.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I mean, Rami is Wordy.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Speedrunners should have fun.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

what a ridiculous notion

This sets you up to crush them in many cases though. See, silly walking.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is everyone ready?

https://esamarathon.com/

However, the actual marathon schedule doesn't start till on Tuesday. https://esamarathon.com/schedule

I'm not sure ESA is ready

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

you're a soulless, joyless husk who probably hates Crush 40, too

That's the problem. Crush 40 set the standard for butt rock way too high, and too butt.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/968722584119496704
I hate getting murdered instantly but love murdering back

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Legality is probably the least important part of this. It's appearing under the stream while under the effects of anything, and the fact that it led to someone going to the hospital. Could be alcohol, weed, doesn't really matter, but they were clearly not in a good state to be on stream. In Bubbles case, he gave him the edible, and I actually feel like he's more responsible. If you give a newbie an edible, you better loving make sure they don't trip badly, at least not at a GDQ.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I need your help goons

https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/973295385056763904

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Keiz ran Animorphs this year, and choked Animorphs the year before (I think) and Pokemon once

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

financially racist posted:

i mean apollo legend sucks for reasons, but it's hard to deny that his videos have at the very least had a significant influence on mitchell and even rodgers getting shitcanned, and even though i dislike the guy for his lovely opinions i hope he wins because it'd set a real bad precedent if he didn't.

Isn't the lawsuit over consent to record

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

GNU ORDER IS A GOD

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm going to go oob at sgdq and you can't stop me

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Coolguye posted:

the last time i said this in a gdq thread i was crucified

e: i kinda feel like there should be a standard for gdq runs where you can only have so many glitches per run, like 5 or some poo poo. if you have a huge glitch like the one Zelda LttP one that allows you to beat the game in literally 2 minutes because you can wrong warp to the triforce room, that's cool and definitely worth showing off. if there are a couple of glitches that skip like 80% of the game, that can be fun too. but if you're constantly whoring glitches to make 30 minutes of broken bullshit viewing that's totally incomprehensible to literally anyone but other runners you really need to get off the couch. if anything i feel like THOSE runs should have their own block and the awful games block needs to be an awful games norm where every like 5th game is a really bad one.

If a GDQ runner ever goes above 5 glitches they must be punished.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SeXReX posted:

Someone arrest this man for the heinous speedcrime of manipulating a game's mechanics and systems to push it to the limit of his quickly it can be completed.

Arrest all Doom 64 Players in my opinion.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Phone posted:

sgdq isn't for another 2 months, who cares

Schedule releases on Sunday, and I'm excited to maybe not have a run at rear end o clock

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

Would you rather your run be at assless o clock?

*the clock strikes assless o' clock mid-run. i slowly start sinking into the chair until i just disappear*

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Schedule is out.

Monolith and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both on Monday, and not at SUPER LATE O' CLOCK :toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They did it last year, and this schedule def had a lot less Returning Classics.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

The classic era Tomb Raiders are neat to watch being speedrun. I hope they do a big slot of TR games at ESA or something.

There's a classic in SGDQ

Also a modern :shobon:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

sincx posted:

For some reason, using an emulator bug to solve the any percent a-button challenge seems unsatisfying, even if the emulator in question is an official Nintendo N64 emulator running on the Wii.

Boo this speedrun purist.

Boo them!!!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/GDQMuffins/status/1001622943716315136

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

Thanks for the heads up Studio! SGDQ aligns perfectly with some time off I'm taking this year, so I was really bummed that I didn't get a registration in when they initially opened up.

:yeah:

Glad to help! Not sure how many spots are left, but refunds are cancelled at 11:59 alongside registration, so it will probably be in flux for a bit.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

GDQ has gotta get more racist to bring back the casual environment.

Actually werster did drop an n bomb on agdq 2013 bonus stream.

Maybe crotch bat is right :wth:!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I think Doom 64 wasn't allowed on bonus stream specifically, and not the main stream

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

He knew it was weed, but wasn't very experienced at Eating Weeds.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Kins posted:

I believe there was also some other dumb furry drama, like making a global emote of his boyfriend's fursona with a name referencing said fursona's (glow in the dark?) genitals.

Internet drama was fun in the previous administration. Now it's just exhausting. I've gotten old, man. I'm becoming my parents, as if my backache and receding hairline wasn't reminder enough.

Horror had no tact in how he dealt with people, and managed to get an internet aggro mob on him that probably wouldn't have happened if he had more foresight. The emote thing was goofy though, he put up NightLight, which was his boyfriend's fursona. Except this was when a bunch of other people's emotes were being denied, and I'm 90% sure that the only art of NightLight that existed outside of the emote was vore with Horror's fursona.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Horror and NightLight were global. Partners emotes you had to subscribe for.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The mom has jiggle physics.

Also I think Rise of the Tomb Raider and Monolith will both go well.
This means the runs are cursed.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

And Glover's the first run.

You ready Heehee?????

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Glover is every run.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Dizz posted:

iirc one star takes 12+ hours building speed.

Second Bowser World takes days to avoid jumping up a pole.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

I just had a look at the speedrun.com leaderboards for Ducktales Remastered and if I de-rust I should be able to get top 5, think I'll give that a shot sometime soon. It's probably due to being an inactive leaderboard but I'll take it.

Submit to agdq. I'll casual play Tomb Raider 2013 when I get back, see if it's what I want to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

If someone reminds me when submissions are being taken I will do this!

I will get the entire forum to go to GDQs and make the charity fundraise for lowtax's rear end, god drat it!!!

I would read this thread, or if you tweet, follow the GDQ Twitter.