Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

me, going into every speedrun on youtube and accusing the player of cheating for using glitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Speedrunning thread - Sloppy Seconds Skip%

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.speedrun.com/bl1/run/z13e22gm

So uhh

10 minutes and 30 seconds in, just skip to that point and watch for about 30 seconds.

Can't wait to see this in a future gdq lmao

wow it's birdemic in game form

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

it's a fun game with interesting ideas like healing items going bad if you hold onto them for too long (like milk going sour) and a couple of neat story twists involving player perspective in the narrative

just don't do a 100% speedrun and you'll have a good time

Brave Fencer Musashi did that as well. Items like milk would sour and heal less, but if kept it would turn into i think cheese or yogurt and heal decently again. I never figured out how to get all those figures in that game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

if it's not Pannenkoek then I'm not watching it!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Certain figures only show up in New Game+ but it's completely random if they do or not. If they don't you have to do another loop of the game, and even then they're not guaranteed to show up. So it could take two playthroughs to get all the figures or it could take some ridiculous number.

Glad I didn't really give a poo poo about it then. I remember reading some guide saying that a lot of them only appeared during some parts of the game and then would be unobtainable if you progressed but never got through much of a New Game +

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

so how many people do that two week long "speed"run because that sounds like something a guy did to have a record he knew nobody else was stupid enough to attempt.

clearly you've never seen oblivion 100%

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Bring back bonus streams, but also ban werster for life. Win win.

hell yeah

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

speaking of bans didn't peaches catch one and what was it for.

one GDQ he got super drunk and had to pull out and they got mad at him or some poo poo.

he also got banned on twitch for the Remove Horror drama, announced he was quitting twitch and was going to hitbox, then came back later

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

glad to see you're finally free

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Also some people don't consider just one submission a WR. usually they want a sampling pool and eventually others will hopefully join

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

can't wait to watch the 0x A press mario 64 run this agdq

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

The run takes 30 minutes but there are frequent 4 hour breaks to explain what's going on

iirc one star takes 12+ hours building speed.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Studio posted:

Second Bowser World takes days to avoid jumping up a pole.

sounds like the run can be played at the end of AGDQ and finish right before next year's AGDQ

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

what the gently caress is this

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwRXU34gQC8

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

uh it's called a speedrun???

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I think it's part TAS and part corrupted/hacked. because this is similar to that olympics one where the player does absurd poo poo in that one as well.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

I remember goose PMing me on twitch about srg and how they were a bunch of neck beard 4chan losers...

"its great here lol u should check it out :downs:"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So basically it's eSports but for speedrunners? Doesn't seem interesting to me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

my fav FF boss music is the four elemental fiends. that poo poo slaps

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dr. Dos posted:

Oh drat, there was gonna be a sequel to Keystone Kapers? Every time my father my bust out the Atari 800 as a kid I'd play that game constantly.

https://twitter.com/nvmusa/status/1024208772875669504

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u60o2nYEXM

And it has parallax!

what's the WR?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I knew the Pvtcb maga hat bullshit was only the tip of the iceberg.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

haha racist chuds trying to cover their boners with napkins. gently caress them all and gently caress DGQ for trying to cater to this poo poo.

btw i love u all unless you're a bigot.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Isn't Cyberdemon also a chud? I remember them saying homophobic stuff or something which led me to unfollowing them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

fun hater posted:

i have an alternate theory that coolmatty is insanely dumb as evidenced by yesterday and wanted the mean cool kids to notice him and didnt consider the long term consequences of his throwaway being so similar to his own. it not weird to have an account you use only to browse certain subreddits.

e: also why would anyone impersonate him, specifically.

My dad works at nintendo, also I have Goku on my steam friends list.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I looked at that ff12 run, wondering why it was 24 hours long, then I saw why.

Why would someone want to 100% this?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

really really longathon has a pokemon super mystery dungeon run where it's 100% and like 40~ hours long. it has to be done in parts.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

the chat thread is mostly just zoomers and weird people now .

get sex out of my speed games :cool:

Premature ejaculation to hit WRs

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When will we get a Really Really Long-a-Thon again? The last one was good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Golbez posted:

may i propose nethack randomizer

Nethack Seeded

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Who specifically announced their passing though? because not even Marowak's twitter has anything about their death.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

I imagine nobody has his account information. This is the first mention i see

https://mobile.twitter.com/GiIvaSunner/status/1140662412560883715

Really sad to see that this has to be announced by a person who makes musical shitposts. I have no reason to doubt those claims though so this really REALLY sucks that this happened to suddenly.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

well if it's anything like before, you don't.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Get them to say a slur two years ago, that'll do the trick.

they could say a slur during the stream and not get in trouble unless massive backlash

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I like 100% runs because it's more in-depth on the entirety of the game and is a good alternative to any%.

I also have a sick obsession with 100% runs when they're over 8 hours.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

so just like in the past, GDQ staff is still adamant to doing their loving jobs and not wanting to remove actual dickheads from the scene despite massive backlash from the community.

Isn't this like the third/fourth time? gently caress this, im not even watching the event this year.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

https://twitter.com/ezscapeyt/status/1186381890250522625?s=21

great tweet for the responses

e: To you, person reading this: what is your favourite speed glitch ? if you post PJ i will kill you :cheers:

idk about speed glitch, but that one soccer TAS video where it's going bananas over everything is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tafCE6GJrhQ

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

flatluigi posted:

turns out 'agdq but with even less policing and vetting' doesn't work

What's the difference to now?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

site posted:

letting nazis live to save time is immoral

if you dont kill the nazis early on then they return later in the game and you end up losing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

gently caress's sake, I was hoping pvtcb was like, on the mend lately but what the gently caress is he doing???

aaaaaaaaaaaa i'm so disappointed!!!

lol

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

"people can change!!"

i've only seen lovely people say this.

they say the n word or some other dumb poo poo, make a "i'm sorry you were offended" apology, and then go back to bitching about cancel culture and SJWs.