Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Footage of me going fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Maybe I'll try to find a game to actually run this year, even if I don't record/submit anything for it, if not just to get myself running games again.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

grand theft grotto posted:

My favorite speedrun was when someone faked a Tyson fight WR in which the edited video was clearly shot from their living room, then when caught tried to say someone hacked their account, carrying the implication that this person also broke into their house and filmed footage of Punch-Out.

People getting caught cheating at speedrunning is probably one of the most hilarious things because of the excuses they come up with.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Boogalo posted:

I need to get around to watching awful block. Was going to be up for it at gdq but drank too much and got food poisoning the night before.

It was my first gdq. Had a great time. Definitely go if you have the means.

Oof, yeah that would definitely do it. I highly recommend it, one of the best awful blocks they've had, imo.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I've been watching a friend of mine and fellow Silent Hill runner (he was on the couch with me during Resident Evil 7 and stuff!) do runs of the first F.E.A.R game lately and the run is apparently loving amazing?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207175770

my favourite trick is the one where you throw a grenade into a pile of collapsed rubble and then activate bullet time to jump off one of the pieces of rubble mid-explosion to get out of bounds. A trick so unbelievably rad I cannot believe that's a thing you can even do

God drat. Maybe I should reinstall F.E.A.R and learn to run it, that owns.