Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I remember having a very low opinion of TG in the past because they didn't publish runs submitted by tape and had a bunch of silly arbitrary rules like no mockball in super metroid. Is this still the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
If he stands his ground, there might be a chance his records stay. If he apologizes he might as well delete them all himself.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
The point is that a run that's 99% out of bounds and features none of the gameplay that the game is built around can be boring for a lot of people.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Do you mean a few years back? During the whole Horror debacle, he was temp banned because his stream title was Remove Horror.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

I think the bottle glitch and fake powder are things that should be banned in standard randomizers, but because it doesn't have an effect in any% it's just fine :rolleye:

Bottle glitch is overall banned, it's just allowed in 2 specific locations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Machinima is the usual for a little money you have to put their branding all over your stuff and did I say your stuff? No it's all Machinima's stuff now until the end of time read the fine print kids.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Pfft, FF music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBnYGYa6l3M

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Speedrunning randomizer question for Super Metroid - I'm doing a LttP/SM run, and I've gotten stuck. The playthrough says to go to the lava room in Norfair (which I think is the Cathedral? http://deanyd.net/sm/index.php?title=Cathedral) but the previous room requires hi-jump boots / space jump to get in, as I can't seem to wall jump up there. Is there a trick to getting up there? All I have to help my jump is bombs / power bombs. My seed is 541684857.

You can also do a shinespark or lure a crawler to the right side, wait for it to crawl up the right wall, then knock it off with a super missile and freeze it mid fall to use as a platform.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Pneub posted:

I couldn't find a better place to ask this: Is the LttP/Super Metroid randomizer site broken now? I can't get past the generate button, the progress bar goes away and then nothing.

E: Oh yeah, it's completely down now, they must be swamped or something.

On the discord, Total said it would take a while to fix. No ETC.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Pneub posted:

I couldn't find a better place to ask this: Is the LttP/Super Metroid randomizer site broken now? I can't get past the generate button, the progress bar goes away and then nothing.

E: Oh yeah, it's completely down now, they must be swamped or something.

Suspicious posted:

On the discord, Total said it would take a while to fix. No ETC.

It's back up. That was fast.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Swilo posted:

I love how stuff is always being discovered in these old-rear end games that have been "solved" dozens of times
https://twitter.com/coolkidBIGBOY/status/1351366419817111552

I discovered whip/subweapon launch in harmony of dissonance completely by accident while trying to TAS it. Just jump kicked a boss in a certain way and was sent flying backward. I posted the GBA movie in the thread on TASvideos and (I think?) a couple of hours later someone posted the first 30 second (or so) Maxim run using that glitch to get out of bounds.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
After that goldeneye runner discussion I think the thread needs to be renamed "I just wanna go fash"

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
The best part of the Super Metroid NP guide is the way it recommends killing Phantoon.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Wednesday night I'll be racing Lenophis in a hard logic SMZ3 seed with crowd control for No Kid Hungry. I'm thinking I'll need to save a lot.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
My race was mercy killed last night after I was instakilled (via crowd control) like 4 times in tourian.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
A lot of people think you have to be 100% original never seen before and if you're not you're a failure then they double down on that idiocy and say they independently came up with <whatever> when you ask them to cite their sources.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Minish cap rando is pretty good. I want a zero mission/MC crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

The dude is beyond set for life at age 21 doing one of the easiest jobs there is and he’s still like this.

People set for life are always like this