Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

SS-Kumei posted:

I was always so terrible at buttons that I'd have to reload because I pressed "kill" instead of "K/O". Or throwing a body through a window into the street for another guard to find instead of dropping the body gently. Or Blinking against a ledge instead of onto it.

I'm really glad we have so many people who actually know how to play the game so I can still get the story.

It’s funny you think we’re not going to be making all those mistakes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

skoolmunkee posted:

It’s funny you think we’re not going to be making all those mistakes too.

This. Rest assured in a much later episode I do literally the single most face-slappingly stupid thing and it should be great to watch.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A later episode? I'm assuming that accidentally stabbing people and running away is the foundation of your entire playthrough.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

A later episode? I'm assuming that accidentally stabbing people and running away is the foundation of your entire playthrough.

No one is stabbed on accident I assure you. Every single stab is entirely intentional just maybe not at the exact moment I was aiming for. With my run there are two amazing moments where things just go completely wrong, one is entirely out of my control and I just watch it go to hell, but the second is 100% "I didn't really think that through and now oh god"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh, I remember the shenanigans from Dishonored 1.

Now go to bed!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Oh, I remember the shenanigans from Dishonored 1.

Now go to bed!

We don't talk about the Golden Cat and the millions of dead prostitutes it was my first day.

Also no sleep till Karnaca

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The city's grimy, dark, and deep.

But he has promises to keep.

And miles to go before he sleeps...

...and miles to go before he sleeps.

High Chaos Corvo: A Long Day in Dunwall: Youtube Polsy

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

We don't talk about the Golden Cat and the millions of dead prostitutes it was my first day.

'Well he was certainly good at prodding the ladies you have to admit that.'
'Yeah, but now there's no more ladies for us to prod.'
'Truly a crime of the highest order.'

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Oh, if Skool had to play on easy for console, that might explain why I didn't enjoy the first one. Maybe it's time to reinstall it to my PS4 and try on a lower difficulty...

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
Coolguye: "That scream in the background is me."

I'm surprised nobody asked if that was when you fell off the train.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i can't remember if we actually recorded roboky's first ep before we recorded mine. i posted mine first because i knew everyone would be waiting for whiffs and i did not want to disappoint, but we might not have actually seen it yet.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Coolguye posted:

Low Chaos Corvo (Clean Hands, Very Hard difficulty)
With Coolguy in the pilot's seat, this run is sure to have an unhinged grasp of reality and many, many whiffs, but no blood (well, except his own).

Coolguye did you misspell your own name in your headline post or do you self-identify as an actual cool guy?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the latter

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Ok never let go of your dreams, also I like your dishonored videos.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

Ok never let go of your dreams, also I like your dishonored videos.

thx u frend :)

(i only added the e onto my SA name because, as you might expect, someone took the plain version of it about a thousand years ago. he was apparently rather notorious as during my first year on the forums it led to some pretty great misunderstandings where people asked me if i was the dude who got run out of the house i owned by my cheating girlfriend or something of that nature)

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Coolguye posted:

i can't remember if we actually recorded roboky's first ep before we recorded mine. i posted mine first because i knew everyone would be waiting for whiffs and i did not want to disappoint, but we might not have actually seen it yet.

There's a lot of chatter that makes it appear that High Chaos was first, Clean Hands second.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

Zomborgon posted:

There's a lot of chatter that makes it appear that High Chaos was first, Clean Hands second.

So it was post-facto foreshadowing?

SS-Kumei fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 22, 2018

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Now that we've seen Corvo opening twice, I feel the need to ask what kind of wailing dumbassery caused someone to go, "Hmmm lets deal with everyone nearby Corvo, but lets leave the literal most dangerous man that exists alive in an easily escaped room."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

look, time is weird, okay

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Now that we've seen Corvo opening twice, I feel the need to ask what kind of wailing dumbassery caused someone to go, "Hmmm lets deal with everyone nearby Corvo, but lets leave the literal most dangerous man that exists alive in an easily escaped room."

hubris

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 22, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe Delilah ordered it so she could gloat properly.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Yeah I think it's a bond villain scenario where Delilah wants him alive to gloat over.

I appreciate the editing (hi Lune!) and dedication to punting. I am very glad you walk the correct path of eating all the food immediately no matter your current health. Corvo needs his calories.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ten hams will, in fact, NOT fill him

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

TheLastRoboKy posted:

This. Rest assured in a much later episode I do literally the single most face-slappingly stupid thing and it should be great to watch.

Considering the very first thing you said in the LP was “Hi, I’m Coolguy” I have high expectations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I would have been too tempted not to hide away the fish head in some out of the way and reach place inside the office. For that special eau de poisson.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Woo, I actually caught this LP as it was starting! I usually stumble across Coolguy and TheLastRoboKy LPs a week before they end because I am perceptive.

Celebration .gifs!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Woo, I actually caught this LP as it was starting! I usually stumble across Coolguy and TheLastRoboKy LPs a week before they end because I am perceptive.

Celebration .gifs!

TO THE OP WITH YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just love the legs in the second gif. :roflolmao:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fuuka Ayase posted:

If you aren't familiar with the story already you will notice as the game progresses that it was clearly written for Emily.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 23, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Sindai posted:

If you aren't familiar with the story already you will notice as the game progresses that it was clearly written for Emily.

there's a lot of history there actually, i posted a fair bit about it in the Dishonored 2 thread in Games but some of it is pretty spoilery so i will refrain from linking it here. tl;dr though is that there's lots of interviews about how Dis2 came to be and the only thing that is really consistent is that the body of writing available for the story was mammoth; at one point it was going to be a story for Emily, at another it was going to be another Corvo game before Emily hit the age of majority, and eventually we came onto what we have. both Corvo and Emily are first class citizens, but due to the Sally Skellington nature of the story telling, both of them are equally awkward in different situations.

there's the obvious what the gently caress regarding not immediately welding Corvo into an iron box right now, but later on Emily is going to swap between insanely naive and particularly astute so quickly it will give you whiplash - because the gutter-kin story ends up requiring her to be both. the bookends kinda scream Emily, but the innards all scream Corvo. this is going to come up reasonably often during the various plays we're showing off because there's more than one of us that consider this a big step back from Dis1's minimalistic but tight storytelling.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

Considering the very first thing you said in the LP was “Hi, I’m Coolguy” I have high expectations.

It's my first day!

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I should note something. While watching the chaos run, I had a video in the suggestions with a thumbnail asking, "Who did Corvo kill?"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I should note something. While watching the chaos run, I had a video in the suggestions with a thumbnail asking, "Who did Corvo kill?"

Was the video three days long if not it's not canonical to me

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

This answer and more, coming soon with the continuation of the Attano family science legacy.

(Some time next year after the game finishes installing.)

namehereguy
Nov 24, 2017

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Everyone, but not as spectacularly as Emily did.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Alternate Coolguye Run Title:

How many crushed nuts does it take to get to the center of a coup?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Revenge is a dish best served with whiffed cream?

Nuckelavee
Feb 25, 2014
The way you were all describing Corvo makes him sound like a less broody Konrad Curze.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Y'know, every time the subject of Dishonored comes up, I'm reminded of an article I read about it:

Corvo Is Not An Honorable Man

I don't know if this is what the developers intended, but I do love this interpretation of the name, and Corvo's status in Dunwall.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Goood to have you back!

To me, the real fun in this game started in new game+. All of Karnaca got windblasted so hard by Emily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

painedforever posted:

Y'know, every time the subject of Dishonored comes up, I'm reminded of an article I read about it:

Corvo Is Not An Honorable Man

I don't know if this is what the developers intended, but I do love this interpretation of the name, and Corvo's status in Dunwall.

I like this article a lot. The conspiracy definitely mistreats Corvo during Dis1, treating him like a disposable revengebot and letting him sleep in the attic, ignoring his status as the Royal Protector completely. The Medieval system of honor and dishonor is a good lense to view the first game through.