Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A great LP for a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Felinoid posted:

As if the rest of the game weren't reason enough to get and play it, I'm going to have to add to the list: "So I can hear that great credits song without people talking over it." :imunfunny:

Speaking of great music, if anyone hasn't heard of Miracle of Sound, he's got a real talent for capturing the feel of a game in song. Dishonored 2, for example. Been saving that until the full main game run was completed in case there were spoilers or anything, but anyone who doesn't already know this song should check it out.

Getting back to the LP, do you know if you're going to do Death of the Outsider yet, and/or how?

I'm also a big fan of Dan Bull's take, if you happen to like rap tracks.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Greetings. I have a special gift for you.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oooooooooh, I hope it's :science:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Could also be death of the outsider, the last chapter in the time warrior dishonored saga.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Horsebanger posted:

Could also be death of the outsider, the last chapter in the time warrior dishonored saga.

I've been so busy working I still haven't edited together all the relevant audio for that, despite having everything been sitting there ready to go since March last year. I'm an rear end. And the video content is actually really loving good, I spent December 2018 working super hard on it. I really need to cram on that sooner or later.

I usually take the first day or two of a month to basically do nothing serious in regards to my job. I may actually sit down and start. Definitely a good 4-5 hours worth of content. The pre-mission interludes aren't commentated, too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I uploaded all DotO three days ago so I'm pawning it off to Coolguy to schedule them. If he doesn't I will eventually lol

Here's a timeline of the longest LP ever.

I recorded DotO on November 28 over three days and had the whole game up by early December 2017. I did this all completely unannounced, btw, I didn't even say anything before doing it, IIRC. If I did it was like "Here I'll do this," and just produced it lmao. Here's a picture.

Dsh2 LP went on for the whole of 2018 into Early 2019, so we didn't record commentary until March 2019.

And then I never did anything with it until February 3rd, 2020, and they were all uploaded on the 4th.

Sooo yeah.

Yeah.

It's probably my best playthrough of a game ever and it will show. Highest possible quality, too.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
And how!

Death of the Outsider: Interlude 1: Youtube Polsy
Death of the Outsider: One Last Fight: Youtube Polsy

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

The commentary in Interlude 1, at least, appears to be mega hosed up.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Materant posted:

The commentary in Interlude 1, at least, appears to be mega hosed up.

no, I just wanted to have like 50 seconds to tell people what to expect during the title. interludes are, from that point on, without commentary, due to the heavy dialogue & storybuilding.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It begins.

I actually did a whole lot of science fuckery in DotO in anticipation of you guys doing this, took lots of cool screenshots... But never uploaded them and then lost my computer in a wildfire back in August.

For this level, I carefully stored every corpse in the dumpster just outside the building. Then I threw an incendiary bottle in. Turns out the game will only burn a few bodies at a time.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Shei-kun posted:

Oooooooooh, I hope it's :science:

ding ding!

Youtube links incoming soon. They're all done they just gotta be shoved up there.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
More whiffing, and more science?!

This is the best day.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SCIENCE IN A MUSEUM: Youtube Polsy

I especially love the thumbnail on this episode.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I still don't get why they decided to re-use that level.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I still don't get why they decided to re-use that level.

Saves dev time! Plus it's always nice to see a level in the opposite time; i.e Night to Day, or Day to Night. It's really beautiful.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
So let me count how many times the game needs to mention how much the arm hurts...

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

m o r e v i d e o s

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

m o r e v i d e o s

ok!

SCIENCE IN A SHITHOLE: Youtube Polsy

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

(Chant)

Post the rest! Post the rest!

And then.... your work will be done...

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Give us the science and wipe away the debt!

Wait, wrong game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SCIENCE BETWEEN WORLDS: Youtube Polsy

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh and ps

Death of the Outsider: Interlude 2: Youtube Polsy
Death of the Outsider: Follow the Ink: Youtube Polsy

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
In the further adventures of Awesome Science That Got Lost In A Fire, I painstakingly hauled every guard, civilian, and dog into that bloodfly cell, most of them unconscious, artfully arranging things like putting the taxidermist and the guard officers on top of the crates.

Much like flaming bottles only igniting a few bodies at a time, bloodflies will only infest a few bodies at a time, although they will eventually get all of them. I also learned it is way too goddamn easy to break the glass in that door, either from dropping a dude next to it, closing the door on someone's boots, or just the random twitching they do when infested, and then you got yourself a party in Billie's face, and all the bloodflies are invited. :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I managed to do a Clean Hands/Ghost Run of DotO (I know there's no actual achievement for that), but not being spotted and not killing anybody is ridiculously difficult in this game.