Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

Hey bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumo

tell me everything cool that happened in BYOB in the last 10 years

cda

by Hand Knit

Sumo posted:

1. His penmanship
2. His calves
3. The fact that he was a bird irl

Good list. Bwee says he remembers you and Zuu and 3toes and hopes you're doing well

Sumo

cda posted:

Good list. Bwee says he remembers you and Zuu and 3toes and hopes you're doing well

whoa nice

cda

by Hand Knit
why are his hp and mp not 69. Man...we've made some posting improvements in the last ten years. Check out this new rule, if you need to use a number in a post, try and make it one of the Funny Numbers.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sumo

we've come a long way baby

cda

by Hand Knit
Here would be the 2018 remix

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sumo

nice

Koishi Komeiji

cda posted:

Here would be the 2018 remix

This picture finally makes sense to me after all these years. 69 lmbo!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sumo posted:

the mods got way better

cda

by Hand Knit

Sumo posted:

It was big, then it got small, then it got moved to a section called The Retarded Forums for Assholes, then it got deleted, then it was gone for a couple of years, then it came back without any mods and was full of terrible people, then it got two mods. One of the mods was funny and cool and a good person but made the mistake of getting baited into a legendary Bad Idea post by FYAD, the other one seemed chill but was actually creepy, hated the wu-Tang clan, and threatened to doxx a trans teen poster because people were making fun of him (the mod) for the weird young adult novel they discovered he wrote, so he was demodded. Then there were iks for a while and one of them eventually became a mod and he cared a lot about BYOB and tried to make it good, instituted rotating iks, and became a lot funnier and better, but it was also kind of mean at times. Then Lowtax came back to the forums and did some things the mod didn't like and the mod wrote a post saying that Lowtax sucks and got banned. Then there was a period where the people who had happened to be iks were in charge and it was kind of a mess. Then universally beloved poster Fluffieduckie was modded, came in and managed to keep BYOB funny and creative while finally uprooting the meanposters. A little while ago, also equally beloved and revered poster Alnilam was modded allowing Duckie to relax and be more like a moderator emeritus, and that's where we're at. BYOB is finally exactly what it should be.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

cda posted:

It was big, then it got small, then it got moved to a section called The Retarded Forums for Assholes, then it got deleted, then it was gone for a couple of years, then it came back without any mods and was full of terrible people, then it got two mods. One of the mods was funny and cool and a good person but made the mistake of getting baited into a legendary Bad Idea post by FYAD, the other one seemed chill but was actually creepy, hated the wu-Tang clan, and threatened to doxx a trans teen poster because people were making fun of him (the mod) for the weird young adult novel they discovered he wrote, so he was demodded. Then there were iks for a while and one of them eventually became a mod and he cared a lot about BYOB and tried to make it good, instituted rotating iks, and became a lot funnier and better, but it was also kind of mean at times. Then Lowtax came back to the forums and did some things the mod didn't like and the mod wrote a post saying that Lowtax sucks and got banned. Then there was a period where the people who had happened to be iks were in charge and it was kind of a mess. Then universally beloved poster Fluffieduckie was modded, came in and managed to keep BYOB funny and creative while finally uprooting the meanposters. A little while ago, also equally beloved and revered poster Alnilam was modded allowing Duckie to relax and be more like a moderator emeritus, and that's where we're at. BYOB is finally exactly what it should be.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

cda posted:

:golfclap:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

cda posted:

Soon to be turned into a Broadway musical

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

alnilam

blaise rascal posted:

Soon to be turned into a Broadway musical

like at the end of Reboot

funmanguy

What time is it?
ive only started yobing since duckie was in charge, so from my perspective byob has always been good foreverp

Sumo

cda posted:

drat lol

Sumo

This is how it feels when you go back to your high school after 10 years and drink in the parking lot and try to hang out with the current kids

ThisIsJohnWayne
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Hi! I was here ten years ago

cda posted:

It was big, then it got small, then it got moved to a section called The Retarded Forums for Assholes, then it got deleted, then it was gone for a couple of years, then it came back without any mods and was full of terrible people,

and then I left. Just opened the banner ad that said Hi! and like wow...

Hi Byob! Lookin' good :)

Robot Made of Meat

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Hi! I was here ten years ago

and then I left. Just opened the banner ad that said Hi! and like wow...

Hi Byob! Lookin' good :)

Another BYOB success story!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

honkel fucko

10 years ago my first son was born, since then my wife has given birth to two more healthy strong males. I will never run out of love, I have all the love in the world for my children, but without a meal soon they're going to die. They are starving to death and its breaking my heart that I can't do a thing to help them

cda

by Hand Knit

honkel fucko posted:

10 years ago my first son was born, since then my wife has given birth to two more healthy strong males. I will never run out of love, I have all the love in the world for my children, but without a meal soon they're going to die. They are starving to death and its breaking my heart that I can't do a thing to help them

wwry
10 years ago my younger nephew showed me this forum and ive been lurking ever since, i remmeber 'microwave' and 'penguinBC', my nephew no longer talks to me because of private stuff

wwry

honkel fucko posted:

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Sumo posted:

we've come a long way baby

I love your avvy

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cda posted:

BYOB is finally exactly what it should be.
denying everyones right to bring their own byob seems rather revisionist :thunk:

Koishi Komeiji

cda posted:

I was gone for about 2 years and missed like 90% of that.

cda

by Hand Knit

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

cda posted:

Did all that poo poo really happen? I was here from 2007-08, lost my virginity and fully disappeared for 7 years. I do remember it being gone at one point, it's really tripy. Tje internet

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 22, 2018

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Ah, tight, ididnt even make the white noise. strawberry jam was my bro, he repeatedly showed me his and his boyfriend's private bits

cda

by Hand Knit

Agreed

Sumo

Lol @ CSA

Tier 1A+ mother effing Old Jeff

Sumo

I’m good with tier 2a

FreshCutFries

poopcop

FreshCutFries

also lmao at "girlposters"

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
WHERE TF are these posters now, and WHAT TF is their secret to succeeding @ life

Sumo

I can’t believe zuu didn’t make the cut

Koishi Komeiji

I thought I had some old byob stuff saved somewhere but all I can find is from when Smobbles became ik and Smoobled all of byob.

wwry

ram cat was a menace...we all had to pretend to be his friend to make it on the list. its not fair. what he did to handre is not fair. handre went to the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

cda posted:

Good summary, and things are as close to or the best as they have ever been. But seriously don't even post old tier list crap, that is the worst. We want to keep it friendly, not regress via bad nostalgia.

I don't intend that as mean, buddy, I just really like this place now, and every chill person here, and want it to stay that way!

• Locked thread