Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Yeah my exposure to drag is pretty much RPDR, Dragula, and social media/Youtube. The nearest drag shows or even tours by Drag Race queens are generally about 5-7 hours away and often in the latter case in the middle of the week. Someday when I travel to civilization again I will go see live drag :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

speaking of Drag Race Thailand and seeing live performances, Pangina is coming to Chicago this spring :supaburn: check her Instagram and see if she's coming to any other cities for an American tour! Karen from Finance, too!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

God drat this long-rear end wait for e5's english subtitles.

gently caress it, I'm sick of waiting so I'm just going to learn Thai, and learn three decades worth of Thai pop culture, Thai folklore and Thai puns

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Hug in a Can posted:

speaking of Drag Race Thailand and seeing live performances, Pangina is coming to Chicago this spring :supaburn: check her Instagram and see if she's coming to any other cities for an American tour! Karen from Finance, too!

poo poo. I looked and didn't see it. When's she coming?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

God drat this long-rear end wait for e5's english subtitles.

gently caress it, I'm sick of waiting so I'm just going to learn Thai, and learn three decades worth of Thai pop culture, Thai folklore and Thai puns

Since this week is Snatch Game I bet the person translating has a ton of extra work to do. Hopefully it’s done soon!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I forgot how agonizing it is waiting for a show to be translated because it's currently airing :argh:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

zelah posted:

I’m one of the people who is only exposed to drag through RPDR. Is Adore doing okay? I loved her on her season and get so sad watching her in AS2.

adore's doing good i think? her feed is full of work and pals and she is consistently a popular queen - her, courtney and obvs bianca are one of the best-loved final three. (that said, can't speak for her mentally, if you are referencing something specific?)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

adore's doing good i think? her feed is full of work and pals and she is consistently a popular queen - her, courtney and obvs bianca are one of the best-loved final three. (that said, can't speak for her mentally, if you are referencing something specific?)

I think what they’re referring to is that Adore sort of seemed like a physical and emotional reck in AS2, to the point where people in these threads were positing that she might have been going through some kind of drug withdrawl

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

yeah Adore has a massive fanbase and a very successful music career, it's important to remember that RPDR =/= the real world. she left AS2 but that didn't really affect her career, she's still enormously popular and one of the most financially successful queens active today.

last I heard she's still in a legal dispute with her management company but on the whole she's doing juuuuust fine

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I think what they’re referring to is that Adore sort of seemed like a physical and emotional reck in AS2, to the point where people in these threads were positing that she might have been going through some kind of drug withdrawl

The as2 situation was purely that she felt like her friendship with Michelle was being violated since Michelle was giving her such brutal critiques.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
B Ella and Natalia manhandling those girls on the pink carpet minichallenge had me cracking up.

Edit: and all of these movie performances! Their creativity really is off the charts (the closest I could think of in recent seasons was Katya’s satanic reveal on AS2).

warez fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 18, 2018

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Aerox posted:

Since this week is Snatch Game I bet the person translating has a ton of extra work to do. Hopefully it’s done soon!

SWAON is doing God's Work with these translations.

Pliacam = "tired clit" keep this information coming henny

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

CaptainScraps posted:

poo poo. I looked and didn't see it. When's she coming?

Maybe they haven't set a date yet, but she'll be at Roscoe's during S10's run! :)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I kinda want to stuff Loris in a locker after that lame speech during the brain eating challenge.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

cis autodrag posted:

I kinda want to stuff Loris in a locker after that lame speech during the brain eating challenge.

This thread comes up with the weirdest sentences and I love it... :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

it was wildly annoying, but a brave gambit to see if she could get away with eating as little as possible because she was too busy monologuing.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

the escape goat posted:

it was wildly annoying, but a brave gambit to see if she could get away with eating as little as possible because she was too busy monologuing.

yeah, i'm kinda pissed she's not the one that got cut. that was a cheap movie and the other two girls dove right in there. and that bunny outfit was just dumb for zombie day.

maybe the fact that im binging iZombie right now biases me a bit though. that's how you do a cute zombie. yowza.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
:allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

cis autodrag posted:

"Not tonight!" has replaced "not today, satan" in our house tho

omg

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

fuckin' lol

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I'm glad that after never really liking Bendela during season 6, begrudgingly stanning for her because of her performance in All Stars 3, and being gagged that she self-eliminated, that I can go back to not really liking her for essentially loving up the whole season by not only leaving but also voting incorrectly.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

God drat

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Kitty Girl is stuck in my head. It's pretty upsetting.

None of the raps reached Katya levels of greatness but none were Roxxy Andrews either. But I could watch the performance on repeat forever.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

seizure later posted:

I'm glad that after never really liking Bendela during season 6, begrudgingly stanning for her because of her performance in All Stars 3, and being gagged that she self-eliminated, that I can go back to not really liking her for essentially loving up the whole season by not only leaving but also voting incorrectly.

You're weird.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Urgh, all this says to me is that Shangela brought a fourth gimmick.
I don't know why but that just strikes me as so disingenuous and it was just every lip sync all season for her.

It's like- we all know she's a great performer, but then suddenly she needs to lean on cheap gags during lip syncs. What happened?
Gimmicks/tricks are meant to be special, not expected!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I have to get in my picks for my fantasy league for Season 10 and I'm at a loss.

Is there anyone already pegged as a stand-out and/or dumpster fire? I'm not looking for people to tell me exactly who to pick, just if there's any clear/known obvious winners/losers.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Aerox posted:

I have to get in my picks for my fantasy league for Season 10 and I'm at a loss.

Is there anyone already pegged as a stand-out and/or dumpster fire? I'm not looking for people to tell me exactly who to pick, just if there's any clear/known obvious winners/losers.

It's really hard to say. The queens coming in this season have such polished looks. We're long past the days of having queens like Venus D-Lite and Phoenix who were so not ready for the show. Between the fact that we've had 12 seasons of Drag Race now, and Instagram and youtube raising pretty much everyone's game, it's hard to base it just on looks alone going into the competition. Add to the fact that just because someone has a lot of followers or does great at the club doesn't necessarily translate to doing well on the show. I remember going into season 5, the internet was convinced that Lineysha Sparx was going to take the crown.

That said, in an interview with Vulture, Trixie said that she's rooting for Monet X Change and Aquarius.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 19, 2018

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm gonna go Asia winner, Aquaria runner up, and Monet/Kameron/Eureka as my remaining three.

(Our scoring system is weird.)

I was so close to winning all stars and lost by two points after Shangela was brutally robbed. The prize is a stack of cash and this incredible trophy, so wish me luck, thread!

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I follow a lot of queens on Instagram and most of them are fairly active. It gives you a nice little peek at their lives. If you don’t get to see drag performances, I’d suggest that at least.

Courtney Act, Eureka, Laganja, Adore, Aja, Jujubee, Hellvetika, BiqtchPuddin, Abhora, and so many others are all so entertaining.

It’s much more fun actually watching them live but hey it’s something.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

seizure later posted:

I apologize for agreeing with this.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

big black turnout posted:

"Not tonight!" has replaced "not today, satan" in our house tho

It's only memorable from Meatball's (?) impression. :colbert: "Not to-noooight!"

savage

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Poulpe posted:

Urgh, all this says to me is that Shangela brought a fourth gimmick.
I don't know why but that just strikes me as so disingenuous and it was just every lip sync all season for her.

It's like- we all know she's a great performer, but then suddenly she needs to lean on cheap gags during lip syncs. What happened?
Gimmicks/tricks are meant to be special, not expected!

Honestly, after season 9's finale I'm surprised more girls didn't have prop gimmicks. Maybe they did, they just never got a chance to lip sync.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

cis autodrag posted:

You're weird.

you have a racist for an avatar so I guess we're all a little kooky

e: the first 14 minutes of episode 1 of Season 10 is up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1m7Y85A1xA

seizure later fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 19, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up Sharon's racist and/or transphobic history, b/c I didn't feel like doing it myself

She seems to have grown a lot since then to be fair, I don't think she's had an incident in a while and I'm still on the fence whether she's a legit bigot or was being offensive for the sake of being offensive and shocking.

p sure her not being a raging alcoholic any more also helps.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Now, I remember why I wasn't down with Eureka. That drat haircut is back.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dem loafs

Going to wait til Thursday to see the entrances, though I suppose with each episode being 90min long, watching the weekly preview won't feel like it cuts too big a chunk out of my full episodr watch.

But I haven't watched the MtQ, either. I like meeting the queens as they enter the room and only pay attention to what they offer me on the show anyway.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Here's hoping there is less production fuckery for this main season than AS3. I also don't want any more half-rear end lip syncs like Valentina or Charlie Hides again TIA.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

After 9 I was hoping AS3 would be a normal season with a normal finale, but we didn't get that soooo

I expect at the VERY least 10 will follow the same top 4 lip sync tourney as 9. Here's hoping the top 4 all have super close track records so I don't have a reason to be pissed the queen who did best may get shafted.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

seizure later posted:

you have a racist for an avatar so I guess we're all a little kooky

e: the first 14 minutes of episode 1 of Season 10 is up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1m7Y85A1xA

Awww Eureka I missed your hair fleshlight.

Seriously though it looks like a good group and I'm considerably more excited for this than I was for AS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

So I tried to buy an "Oooooo SHUT UP" t-shirt from Kennedy, and my girlfriend was instructed to message her assistant on FB. After 10 minutes it was totally clear it was Kennedy's cousin helping her sell merch.

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 20, 2018

• Locked thread