Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Harumin is a saint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I love how expressive Yuzu is

https://comfy.moe/dxdddf.webm

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I've been wanting to make and upload a few webms of new shows like "Laidback Camp" and "A Place Further Than The Universe", so thank you for making me aware of an image host that will handle larger files of various types and which SA is able to embed. That's also a nice webm, though I think Yuzu's expressiveness is more in her voice than in her face or body language as such. Her shocked screeching at the end of that scene being a good example.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yuzu's really good in general -acting, animation, writing. She's really carrying the show for me right now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vitamin c ut my life into pieces

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/959398829517762560

Saburota is explaining why Harumin's house looks different in the anime.

Turns out the house shown is her Grandma's and she's living there because is closer to the school. She also says that starting with her grandma, everyone in Harumin's family has attended to Aihara Academy.

Saburota also says there's scary people on her own family and that she'd like to write something about that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Mei's father is...not what I expected. I'm not sure I was expecting him to come in to the story for a while yet actually. Next episode should be interesting, since he seems like someone who'd get on famously with Yuzu and drive Mei bananas.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm back in ep 3 for the show but i just want to say that any time a character speaks through a stuffed animal, they've won my heart instantly

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://comfy.moe/sugqya.webm

Super Saiyajin Violé

The anime continues to be an excellent adaptation and as pointed out before, the seiyuus do an excellent work with the material they're given.

And hey, I wasn't expecting the Matsuri cameo on the preview!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And hey, I wasn't expecting the Matsuri cameo on the preview!

I want an anime of her and Harumin.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Super Saiyajin Violé

Isn't that more of Hunter X Hunter reference? I haven't seen much of it, but I'm pretty sure the main character has his hair stand up on end ridiculously like that at one point.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

tsob posted:

Isn't that more of Hunter X Hunter reference? I haven't seen much of it, but I'm pretty sure the main character has his hair stand up on end ridiculously like that at one point.

Doesn't grow to three times her body length, can't be HxH.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually a Fist of the Northstar reference

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 7, 2018

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is Citrus that popular in Japan?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is popular but not as much as is in the west. Germany in particular loves it so much that Saburota was scheduled to have a meet & greet with German fans some years back.

There's also a meme of sorts of Citrus being incredibly popular in Latin America so I hope Crunchy makes a similar map for the region.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

tsob posted:

Is Citrus that popular in Japan?

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm told that it's the most popular series in Japan's most prominent Yuri magazine.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/962330265745022977?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
My mousepad did a random clickie thing somewhere on that tweet and I somehow ended up on Spaceflower's twitter

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/SpaceFlowerXx/status/962021184656338944

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

My mousepad did a random clickie thing somewhere on that tweet and I somehow ended up on Spaceflower's twitter

i've been expecting you. *mwahahaha*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wait why do the meals have to be crappy? Am I forgetting some plot point?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

School meals are crappy.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
piles of drunk people surrounding shuten douji is a good genre of tweet

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

School food

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kentucky sure loves slurping up some noodles, huh?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I was thinking about how I was pretty impressed by the fashion being on point. :allears:

Also since when does Matsuri have pink hair, it's so out of place looking!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 10, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The dub is interesting to say the least

https://comfy.moe/kryrfj.webm

https://comfy.moe/fdyzwx.webm

Cuntellectual posted:

Also since when does Matsuri have pink hair, it's so out of place looking!

It was never stated but she always had her hair dyed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Harumin is best character IMO.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I bet if anyone had explained to Harumin what was going on this episode she would have the normal person reaction of "Wow, gently caress that guy for abandoning his 10 year old daughter."

RME
Feb 20, 2012

lol that's neat actually
she's doing well imo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Wow, people really aren't liking Matsuri's VA.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wow, people really aren't liking Matsuri's VA.

If that's the girl at the end of this episode they're right. She sucks so bad. It's so overly saccharine and trying to sound young its disgusting to listen to.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Julias posted:

School meals are crappy.

As a Scandinavian, I

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If that's the girl at the end of this episode they're right. She sucks so bad. It's so overly saccharine and trying to sound young its disgusting to listen to.
That's probably completely intentional

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that suits her character down to the ground

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If I was in charge of voice direction for this series, I would have told Matsuri's VA to go for what people who don't like anime think anime girls sound like so it's pretty much perfect.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Harumin is best character IMO.

She's great, but I think (just spoiling the jokes to be safe) Yuzu's reaction to Matsuri suggesting a threesome and Matsuri dramatically drawing a line of ketchup on Harumin's face are two of the funniest moments in the entire series.

Seriously, best girl. :allears:

e: Matsuri also reminds me a lot of a girl I dated in high school, so there's a certain nostalgia there. :v:

double edit: Matsuri and Harumin is my OTP.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 11, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Caught up with the latest chapter. I'm well aware of the constant criticisms the series gets of its writing and while I can see where Saburota was going and thus I don't see those criticisms as severe as other people, I must say that I still can't find any positive aspect to Shou as character. Everything is just clumsily handled and makes no sense.

The anime tried to ease some things up by adding information we only recently got in the manga but it still makes little to redeem his character. The guy is quite simple a selfish rear end that drove Mei to be the kind of sucked up person she is now.

Ranting aside, the chapter was a pretty good one, with musical score and voice acting putting it ahead of the manga. I also liked it added some things like finally revealing what the gently caress Ume does.

Although I assume she's an architect or similar because I doubt she could provided for Yuzu as simple construction worker.

Anyways, next chapter will start Matsuri's arc and while I hadn't pictured her with that voice, I'm pretty hyped for her nonetheless. Here's hoping they include the bonus story where she and Harumin hang out together.

Cuntellectual posted:

double edit: Matsuri and Harumin is my OTP.

Everyone loves them if the cover for the newest anthology is any indication

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The guy is quite simple a selfish rear end that drove Mei to be the kind of sucked up person she is now.

Ranting aside, the chapter was a pretty good one, with musical score and voice acting putting it ahead of the manga. I also liked it added some things like finally revealing what the gently caress Ume does.

I just figured he was supposed to be a selfish rear end in a top hat who had gone off to pursue his own happiness in spite of having a child he was abandoning to grandparents. Yea, that makes him an rear end in a top hat, but it's not like that kind of person doesn't exist or shouldn't be in stories. Also, I'd assume Ume isn't a construction worker simply because she hasn't gone the body of one. She's too slight to be laying blocks all day or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean Shou seems like a bit of a deadbeat, but between Citrus' reputation for drama and some of the Bad Dads I've seen in Anime I was kind of expecting him to be way shittier than he seems to be.