Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

tsob posted:

I just figured he was supposed to be a selfish rear end in a top hat who had gone off to pursue his own happiness in spite of having a child he was abandoning to grandparents. Yea, that makes him an rear end in a top hat, but it's not like that kind of person doesn't exist or shouldn't be in stories. Also, I'd assume Ume isn't a construction worker simply because she hasn't gone the body of one. She's too slight to be laying blocks all day or anything.

Oh I'm perfectly aware people like that exist, is the handling what it bothers me. He's not taking any responsibilities for his actions and the manga for the most part presents him in a positive light.

Good catch about Ume though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't know how the manga handles it, but I didn't feel like the anime gave him too positive a reception really. He was presented as having done good things when he left, but the fact he left is still there and still presented as a problem. He's kind of likable despite that because he's similar to Yuzu in having a somewhat carefree attitude as well as being a socially generous person trying to make up for past problems, enough so that Ume loves him; but the show never treats him like he's unquestionably good in my opinion. I like that he's kind of a selfish guy, one who felt really repressed by his family and circumstances and just felt he had to leave and is kind of trying to make up for it, but not doing a very good job of it. It makes him an interesting character.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Although I assume she's an architect or similar because I doubt she could provided for Yuzu as simple construction worker.

Yellow hard hats are for grunt workers, white hard hats are for engineers/supervisors, etc.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
This was a nice episode. Hotly anticipating pink drama bitch

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This artist is really dedicated

https://twitter.com/glidesloe/status/962771258491285505

AnacondaHL posted:

Yellow hard hats are for grunt workers, white hard hats are for engineers/supervisors, etc.

Nice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Someone figured the route Yuzu used to get Mei at the Train Station

4.3 KM

Yuzu stronk.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That interview with the "Gal Supervisor" Has been translated.

quote:

Please tell us what exactly a gal supervisor does.
Nagatani:
There were mostly men at the scenario meetings and we thought it would be a plus for the anime if we could show the right kind of gal, since there are so many differences between the generations and the types of gal, because even though we call them all ‘gal’, one gal is nothing like the other.

Talking for myself, I only knew the type of gal that would wear ‘loose socks’, so I wanted to get the opinion of those who can call themselves a gal expert and close the gap between their knowledge and my humble opinion.

What kind of impact did the supervisor have in the end?
Nagatani:
What interests does a gal have, what gets them interested, what do they treat with care, on what part of life do they emphasize? Those are the points we were able to reflect, along with the story of Citrus, their daily life, and their problems. Although the story is based on a manga, thanks to the ideas and insights I received, we were able to put in scenes that are not in the manga.

What kind of person was the supervisor? And was she familiar with the Yuri genre?
Nagatani:
If it can be called ‘ordinary’, then she was just ‘an ordinary gal’. [laugh] And I heard that she doesn’t really watch anime.

https://manga.tokyo/interview/gal-supervisor-yuri-anime-citrus-knows-how-to-research/

The artists for the new Anthology have also been revealed

Anthology artists
http://citrus-anime.com/original/index.php

Kodama Naoko
Osawa Yayoi
Kiriyama Haruka
Hisakawa Haru
Iwami Kiyoko
Yuino Chiri
Neji
Takeshima Eku
Katakura Ako
Gotou Yuuki
Yukio Yuki
Takahashi Mako
Fujieda Miyabi
Aoto Hibiki
Oomiya Miyami
Kayako
Ameno
Kabocha
Benishake

And in case anyone was curious, here are the translated lyrics for the OP

quote:

There aren't that many things we're allowed to do freely.
Can anyone's dream come true without hurting anyone else?
There are just as many theories of happiness as there are people,
But there's not necessarily only one path to each!

Before I get lost, I'll use your voice as my guide.
Make my eardrums tremble deep inside!

Let's follow an unmarked path! Let's offer up our "firsts"!
As if we're under the spell of a sweet dream.
Following what might just be a cruel fate,
Let's keep moving so that we're never found, erasing our footsteps as we go!

Even on nights we can't reach one another, we have something by our side.
Before we knew it, we'd started helping each other grow.
There are as many hopeful wishes as there are stars in the sky,
Even if we fall along with our dreams.

To keep free from fear, I won't let go of your hand.
Once the beating of our hearts intensifies...

Let's follow an unmarked path! Let's share our "firsts"!
We'll give a name to this nameless emotion.
Obeying an impulse that might just be an illusion,
I'll fall as far as you wish, endlessly into the darkness!

Before I get lost, I'll use your voice as my guide.
Make my eardrums tremble deep inside!

Let's follow an unmarked path! Let's keep finding new "firsts"!
Even if the spell of that sweet dream is lifted.
Kicking aside what might just be a cruel fate,
Let's keep moving toward a place free from obstruction, erasing just the two of us!

That still doesn't explains why the video is about a murder trial though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfXwN5JQvg

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/yh_magazine/status/963348276819853312

Oh Yuzu, still buying eroges.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/963593888949768192

:allears:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:thunk:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Doesn't exist apparently, what was it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
:discourse:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that owns lol

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

...how long can a username be again?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/201294085070393344

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dzhay posted:

...how long can a username be again?

it'd make a fine av/avtext combo :golfclap:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

:perfect:

Jokes aside, I actually do find the relationship between Yuzu and Mei unsettling in a way I'm... probably not supposed to?

It's not like they grew up together or anything, so they're only siblings in the most technical sense of the term but when it actually focuses on the romance over dumb comedy I feel kinda uncomfortable.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cuntellectual posted:

:perfect:

Jokes aside, I actually do find the relationship between Yuzu and Mei unsettling in a way I'm... probably not supposed to?

It's not like they grew up together or anything, so they're only siblings in the most technical sense of the term but when it actually focuses on the romance over dumb comedy I feel kinda uncomfortable.

Those scenes are supposed to be uncomfortable. It 's why the kiss at the end of the last episode was remarked on because it was the first that wasn't part of some weird creepy aggressive move on one of their parts.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if the anime will flesh out the twins and their relationship more

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel kinda uncomfortable.

"Episodes 01-06 of Citrus but it's one continuous sexual assault"
I left this video on the cutting room floor

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Those scenes are supposed to be uncomfortable. It 's why the kiss at the end of the last episode was remarked on because it was the first that wasn't part of some weird creepy aggressive move on one of their parts.

Spoiler for more recent manga parts:

I thought that too, but then they ultimately get together as a couple and it feels like it's basically treated as being okay now. Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I feel like a relationship dynamic as unhealthy as the start of Citrus' doesn't just get better even when the two work through some of their issues.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
teenagers are hosed up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Spoiler for more recent manga parts:

I thought that too, but then they ultimately get together as a couple and it feels like it's basically treated as being okay now. Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I feel like a relationship dynamic as unhealthy as the start of Citrus' doesn't just get better even when the two work through some of their issues.
i think people are hosed up and so long as they're actively trying to be better i dont think its really an issue

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

teenagers are hosed up

And more to the point, I feel like the show's actually doing a pretty good job of acknowledging and having the characters acknowledge that the hosed up ways in which they treat each other are in fact hosed up, and having the cast make efforts to move past them.

I mean yeah, it's melodramatic and certainly not the most laid-back romance of all time or anything, but I don't feel like we're really well beyond any other vaguely tempestuous trashy romance.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm listening to an audiobook on called "Mythos" at the moment, with Stephen Fry talking about ancient Greek creation mythology and all about the various Gods, heroes and so on (don't even ask me who wrote it; I know it wasn't Stephen Fry, but it's just his book now as far as I'm concerned) and it's probably thrown my calibration on these matters all out of whack, but the first few hours are all about brothers and sisters loving and marrying, followed by more stories in which characters steal partners away in various guises or marry people they literally never see and so on. So "Citrus" is positively tame to me at the moment.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

And more to the point, I feel like the show's actually doing a pretty good job of acknowledging and having the characters acknowledge that the hosed up ways in which they treat each other are in fact hosed up, and having the cast make efforts to move past them.

I mean yeah, it's melodramatic and certainly not the most laid-back romance of all time or anything, but I don't feel like we're really well beyond any other vaguely tempestuous trashy romance.

I agree, but the fact that it does that instead of romanticizing an extremely dysfunctional relationship dynamic like that means I hold it to a higher standard than I typically would a trashy romance story.

Oh, and man, have you ever met a teenage girl? This is way underdramatic if anything. :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've never met a teenage girl

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

I wouldn't recommend it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm a girl and i'm 19. where does this place me

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

An older sister character?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

14/f/CA

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/964084981143289856

People are losing their poo poo over the cover for Chapter 36.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

you're a teenage hurl

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

People are losing their poo poo over the cover for Chapter 36.

Why, doesn't seem to be anything of note or particularly egregious on there to me.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm a girl and i'm 19. where does this place me

Old.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I finally watched the latest episode, Matsuri's VA was surprisingly spot on for her characterization, then again, Matsuri is one of the most interesting characters in the series so yeah.

The anime is also playing off more Mei's jealousy that while making her more adorable it takes a somewhat dark turn with the current developments in the manga.

The newest manga chapter pretty much lit the western fanbase on fire but the Japanese are pretty drat pleased with it. Is pretty interesting how Citrus helps to showcase the cultural differences between Japan and the west, pity people tends to let their emotions get the better from them, making nearly impossible to have actual discussion about the series.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Haru Matsu confirmed

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Christ, Matsuri has no chill.

https://comfy.moe/hinlai.webm

Shame, she was adorable as a child.

https://comfy.moe/vsmgxy.webm

Adbot