Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sindai posted:

I forgot how good Mei is this arc.

She can be nice. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

GOP

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shop at the GOP

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

k,mmhhaatyhh*

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So I'm like 4 episodes into this show and it's a decent watch. Yuzu is good but dumb while Mei is understandably broken but infuriating. Definitely more on the Yuzu side of things for now. I've heard good things about the manga but mixed opinions on the anime adaptation. For you manga aficionados; how does it compare?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RanKizama posted:

So I'm like 4 episodes into this show and it's a decent watch. Yuzu is good but dumb while Mei is understandably broken but infuriating. Definitely more on the Yuzu side of things for now. I've heard good things about the manga but mixed opinions on the anime adaptation. For you manga aficionados; how does it compare?

The anime is shaping out to be better than the manga because it smooths some things about the girls' characterizations to bring them more in line with their current selves.

Unrelated

https://twitter.com/PanBiBi_72/status/954044927033266176

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
I'm actually enjoying this show but I kind of feel that they should have given it another pass with an editor or writer. So many of the issues that kind of take me out of the series (like the immediately resolved plot issues which were wholly unsolvable just half an episode ago, or the fact that we are apparently treating the bed as a normal thing now) could be made to work in the shows favor with just a little bit of work on the script. I get that this is probably an issue with the source material but as it is it feels like there is a potential great show hiding in a fairly decent one.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I don't like how invested I've become in this series but gosh golly jeepers I am capital-i Invested.

Is there a release date on Chapter 37? There's a lot of conflicting info out there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Plom Bar posted:

I don't like how invested I've become in this series but gosh golly jeepers I am capital-i Invested.

Is there a release date on Chapter 37? There's a lot of conflicting info out there.

It should come in April in the meantime Volume 9 is released in two weeks along whatever bonus chapters Saburota worked during the break.

If you guys haven't read the anthology, you totally should.

Matsuri crushing on Harumin is so loving cute.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Can't get enough of ambiguously consensual 14 year old lesbian incest in my anime!

Does Matsuri get character development or motivation? Cause in this first episode she's in she's just a villain causing trouble with overly complicated schemes for no reason.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Can't get enough of ambiguously consensual 14 year old lesbian incest in my anime!

Does Matsuri get character development or motivation? Cause in this first episode she's in she's just a villain causing trouble with overly complicated schemes for no reason.

I haven't watched it yet so I don't know if they're waiting to cover it later but her motivation boils down to her being an insecure 14 year old who grew up without any friends except Yuzu.

And this won't come up for a couple of episodes but if you'd like to know with regards to development, Yuzu was going to spend time with Mei despite Matsuri's schemes, and Mei firmly tells Yuzu that it's more important for her to spend some time with Matsuri instead. Yuzu mentions this offhandedly to Matsuri, who comes to respect Mei and chills out a bit.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It should come in April in the meantime Volume 9 is released in two weeks along whatever bonus chapters Saburota worked during the break.

If you guys haven't read the anthology, you totally should.

Matsuri crushing on Harumin is so loving cute.

:3:

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?
2016 me: Anime? Sure it's pretty cool I guess, I remember watching Cowboy Bebop and Trigun on Toonami back in the day...

2018 me: I am emotionally invested in the happiness of these imaginary lesbian Japanese schoolgirls :hai:

With that being said (spoilers e10) oh come ON!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The Warthog posted:

With that being said (spoilers e10) oh come ON!
only now do you truly understand what it means to be a Citrus fan

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Every Citrus Arc Ever except this last one:

Chapter 2: Trauma and meandering
Chapter 3: More trauma, more meandering
Chapter 4: Hopeful note, maybe even a positive one
Chapter 1 of the next arc: Psyche lol

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
That's why I think this is the last arc. :v:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Cuntellectual posted:

That's why I think this is the last arc. :v:

Why am I using spoilers? It's been out for a month.

I'd be inclined to agree, (Volume 9)save for the fact that Mei's new fiancé is a known character with an established relationship with Yuzu, who has been supportive of Yuzu and her mystery lover no less. The fact that Mei kept the ring also points to something eventually coming out of that.

vvv Didn't make the distinction. My b. vvv

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 12, 2018

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Plom Bar posted:

Why am I using spoilers? It's been out for a month.

Because this is the fuckin anime thread

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 12, 2018

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

So now I'm mainlining the manga and I feel like

But then every once in awhile there is a panel like this :shobon:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

a kitten posted:

Because this is the fuckin anime thread

Is there a manga thread? I've kept up with the show and then took the advice to skip to the last few chapters of the manga and now i have a lot of opinions the internet is gonna hear about

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Axel Serenity posted:

Is there a manga thread? I've kept up with the show and then took the advice to skip to the last few chapters of the manga and now i have a lot of opinions the internet is gonna hear about

No, unless the general shoujo thread counts.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ShunyaYamashita/status/974833271988109312?s=19

Dang

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It's been _0_ episodes since our last "dubious" scene.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Why do I like this show?

I watch anime for dudes punching each other. Not for teenage lesbians.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Natural 20 posted:

Why do I like this show?

This is the anime girl version of punching each other.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They're punching each other with messy feelings and hormonal teenage angst

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Natural 20 posted:

Why do I like this show?

Same, but also wizard battles and sword fights.

Something about this show feels really emotionally earnest to me. It reminds me of Riverdale in that sense. They hit all the predictable melodrama beats, but Yuzu is mostly socially mature enough to sort things out in reasonable ways by the end.

RanKizama posted:

Now that I think about it, this is clearly the right answer.

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

RanKizama posted:

Citrus: The Anime Girl Version Of Punching Each Other

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Nina is adorable

And a loving giant

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It goes by very fast but at one point in the bath scene you can see Sara's ID bracelet thing is number 69.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 19, 2018

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sindai posted:

It goes by very fast but at one point in the bath scene you can see Sara's ID bracelet thing is number 69.

Nice.

I was wondering what the bracelet was since I thought other people were wearing one, but couldn't remember much of the episode other than Nina playing maestro with Sara's relationship.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 19, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Nice.

I was wondering what the bracelet was since I thought other people were wearing one, but couldn't remember much of the episode other than Nina playing maestro with Sara's relationship.

It's a temporary locker key.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
oh that makes much more sense

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/kaiyamon/status/975883243688996864

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Maybe next episode will finally be the one where Goku goes Super Saiyan the lesbian schoolgirls gently caress.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
What's the reason to skip the last chapters?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

puschel posted:

What's the reason to skip the last chapters?

In the vaguest terms: A brutal cliffhanger

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Volume 9 is out in Japan. No extra stories this time, but a drama CD and the inclusion of "To Be Continued" on the last page of Chapter 36

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy crap
They made an ad for Kotex with Citrus
https://www.bilibili.com/bangumi/play/ep198379

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Thinking about it this thread really missed out by not using the fruity tag.

Natural 20 posted:

Why do I like this show?

Because cute lesbians are the best? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

This week's "anime girl version of punching each other" was very good, and Sara is a true friend.

The manga is pretty drat good on its own, but I hope there'll be a season two.