Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I don't like how invested I've become in this series but gosh golly jeepers I am capital-i Invested.

Is there a release date on Chapter 37? There's a lot of conflicting info out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Every Citrus Arc Ever except this last one:

Chapter 2: Trauma and meandering
Chapter 3: More trauma, more meandering
Chapter 4: Hopeful note, maybe even a positive one
Chapter 1 of the next arc: Psyche lol

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Cuntellectual posted:

That's why I think this is the last arc. :v:

Why am I using spoilers? It's been out for a month.

I'd be inclined to agree, (Volume 9)save for the fact that Mei's new fiancé is a known character with an established relationship with Yuzu, who has been supportive of Yuzu and her mystery lover no less. The fact that Mei kept the ring also points to something eventually coming out of that.

vvv Didn't make the distinction. My b. vvv

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 12, 2018

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It's been _0_ episodes since our last "dubious" scene.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Volume 9 is out in Japan. No extra stories this time, but a drama CD and the inclusion of "To Be Continued" on the last page of Chapter 36

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

There are a few minor changes but most of the major plot beats are identical to the manga's first 4 volumes. Mei and Himeko are shown to soften up to Yuzu's antics a lot sooner (Himeko doesn't really become "part of the gang" until Volume 7 or so), Anthoniko (Mei's bear keychain) has a different backstory, and certain early scenes (Mei searching and later, erm, "kissing" Yuzu) are HUGELY embellished in the anime, but overall it's very faithful.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

And More posted:

Man, anime sure stayed weird while I wasn't looking.

What's killing me about the manga cliffhanger is that I can't actually see a way out. If I had to continue writing this story, it would just be a full on Edith Wharton "society sure is hosed beyond repair"-type ending. Presumably, that's not the gyaru way, though, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh, I can see a few ways out of it.

Possibility #1 (most likely): Udagawa knows about the rings. Mei still has her ring. One day, he sees her fidgeting with it, and this sets off a chain of events where he figures out who gave it to her and decides to call off the wedding on his own accord.

Possibility #2: Yuzu, being Yuzu, manages to stubbornly sleuth out the details of the wedding and pulls a total The Graduate on the whole thing.

Possibility #3 (least likely): Mei, known to have nightmares and talk in her sleep about things that bother her, independently realizes the mistake she's made, or perhaps Shou, whom we can assume to not be a fan of this arranged marriage/protect the family fortune business, intervenes somehow

Or a combination of those, or something I haven't even considered.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Is there a translation yet?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

One might also say "tsuki ga kirei", which translates to "the moon is pretty/beautiful", and also means "I love you"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Track 2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEUfYGOIH4

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

So how long is Harumi going to keep pretending she doesn't know all about Yuzu and Mei? Also, glad to see Sara and Nina coming back for this arc. They need something better than Volume 4.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

And everyone responds with "...I see."

Still, it's nice to see Yuzu smiling again.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Some pages from Chapter 40 have leaked, including the cover thumbnail that confirms that the series is ending. There's some uncertainty as to whether Chapter 40 or 41 will be the final chapter, but...

...this is it.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

Everyone hold up your hands and lend Yuzu your energy

I was just thinking, this whole rallying of the gang to each play their respective roles (except Nene) to support the hero in the climactic moment feels very shounen-manga-esque.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

That is one hell of a face Himeko

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Welp, perfectly in keeping with my seemingly lifelong habit of getting invested in long-form fiction with lackluster endings :v:

Still! It's nice that Volume 10's full color pages were put to the best use. And with Plus coming in a few months, there'll be plenty of time to explore some of the narrative gaps, without the will-they-won't-they aspect hanging over everything.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I can't read Japanese so I can only assume Matsuri's photo is captioned with "Get a load of this douchebag".

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Oh, those are Yuzu's homophobic friends center-left there! Glad they got over their prejudice. Bit of an rear end pull but I'll allow it.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I'm told that the translation indicates that Yuzu didn't get any on her wedding night because she didn't trim her god drat finger nails

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Matsuri being lowkey jealous of Harumi being considerate of Yuzu is cute.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

As I understand it (my memories of chapter 1 are a bit fuzzy), Citrus+ takes place, chronologically, during Yuzu and Mei's engagement. By now everyone knows and is more or less over the initial shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It's interesting that this series that literally began with Mei pinning Yuzu down and forcing her tongue down her throat is now at a place of "we're taking things slow"